Photo

Brides that had or are having Mariachi Band

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 jlb392

jlb392
  • 197 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

we've been debating it.  we're on a bit of a tight budget, so it may not happen....but I would love to have one

#22 Vanessa56

Vanessa56
    • 72 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

For all the brides that are having or had a mariachi band - what did you do about the rest of the reception? Did you hire a DJ, or use your iPod? I am trying to figure out how to incorporate them into the reception.  Any ideas??

#23 SarahWitt

SarahWitt
      • 69 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Vanessa56 

For all the brides that are having or had a mariachi band - what did you do about the rest of the reception? Did you hire a DJ, or use your iPod? I am trying to figure out how to incorporate them into the reception.  Any ideas??

Hi Vanessa,

We are having the Mariachi Band at and during our dinner. We are having an outdoor dinner after the ceremony with Mariachi's then we are going inside (due to the noise ordances) to a ballroom area with a DJ to have the dance portion with cake(so the cake doesnt melt) indoors until midnight. Not sure if that helps, but just an idea!

#24 Kate G

Kate G
        • 55 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

I'm wondering about this too! I was so worried about us not having a DJ and thinking just my iPod wouldn't be enough during the reception to get people in the groove that I hired a mariachi band to actually play during the reception for the entertainment and to hopefully get people on their feet. But now I'm second guessing if this was right! Do you think they are appropriate dance music? Ahh. 

#25 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
          • Vendor
          • 210 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Kate G 

I'm wondering about this too! I was so worried about us not having a DJ and thinking just my iPod wouldn't be enough during the reception to get people in the groove that I hired a mariachi band to actually play during the reception for the entertainment and to hopefully get people on their feet. But now I'm second guessing if this was right! Do you think they are appropriate dance music? Ahh. 

Mariachi bands definitely will create a nice ambiance}

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

#26 rosyvaldez

rosyvaldez
            • 50 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

Hello Visit MY Facebook page Rosy Valdez. Productions On Air I'm singer and flute and sax musician We are your best option in music like solist duet band music DJ Mariachi etc Just contac me for more info

#27 itsjuliez

itsjuliez
              • 41 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Mariachi pics look soo good! We're not hiring a DJ so def will start a mariachi fund soon since we have enough time to save up! *crossing fingers*

#28 lgerry

lgerry
                • 349 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 15, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Akumal, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lianaflower 

I LOVE mariachi bands! But we have been struggling with the theme since we want a DW in Jamaica and mexican music doesn't really go. What do you think, do they have to match?

Steel drum band??

#29 Bride2B26

Bride2B26
                • 157 posts
                • Wedding Date:April 1, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Oceanside
                • LocationBarcelo, Mexico

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

we hired them for our cocktail hour!

#30 Bride2b15

Bride2b15
                • 151 posts