Jump to content

Photo

Any Grand Palladium brides?


  • Please log in to reply
2140 replies to this topic

#511 ChristinaP

ChristinaP
  • Jr. Member
  • 365 posts

    Posted 11 February 2010 - 03:57 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tammikins
    They're here!!!! I'm in love (with my husband of course) lol and the photos!! Here's the link:

    Tamara Moldon's Photos - Our Wedding | Facebook

    Hopefully it works!
    Tamara, they are awesome! You looked so happy and beautiful!

    #512 tammikins

    tammikins
    • Newbie
    • 71 posts

      Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:43 PM

      Shortcake-
      The wedding ceremony was at 2:30... it was about 30minutes, and then we had photos for another hour, and then about 5:00 pm the sun started setting. I checked online the time that sunset was supposed to be that day, and was about 5:20, so it started getting dark about 20 minutes before sunset. And it was actually lighter out than it looks in the photos. I just have to say that my advice is not to plan your wedding around the pictures, because you will have good pictures regardless of the time. Hope that helps.

      #513 Sarah_K

      Sarah_K
      • Newbie
      • 20 posts

        Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:16 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by shortcake18

        I was also wondering if anyone has heard of someone having a cocktail party instead of formal/private dinner. I am really leaning towards this idea as I think it would be lots of fun and it is a little cheaper as my numbers keep growing. Rocio said it can happen I just wanted to hear if anyone knew if someone took this route to get some idea of what it would look like.
        I am in the exact same boat...we don't really know how many are going to show up...but we already have more than 40 booked! I have emailed Rocio about this-our plan right now is to have the wedding, have a little time for pictures, meet up with everyone at one of the restaurants (Rocio said she would reserve one corner of the restaurant for us and have it all decorated), then we are all going to go somewhere for a 'private' reception (with drinks, cake, music, etc). This is going to cost us $5 per person (plus the $20 for the per person 'ceremony fee'). I'm getting married in July, I'll let you know how it works out.

        Tammi-I LOVE the pictures!!!!! They make me excited!!!

        #514 ChristinaP

        ChristinaP
        • Jr. Member
        • 365 posts

          Posted 15 February 2010 - 01:46 AM

          Sarah- that sounds like a great idea to have the best of both worlds. Wish I would have thought of that! We now have 40 ppl, and we never thought we would have that many. Gets expensive. Oh well, not gonna' change it now...

          #515 Aprilbride

          Aprilbride
          • Newbie
          • 2 posts

            Posted 21 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

            I getting married at the Grand Palladium Kantenah on APril 2nd 2010. We are just finalizing our Gala dinner menu. Is there anyone who has a gala dinner there with the sirlion and salmon dinner? It's so hard to decide without being able to taste.

            #516 lthomson

            lthomson
            • Newbie
            • 4 posts

              Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:30 PM

              We were married in January at the Grand Palladium. It was the most perfect day and I loved every minute and every detail that went into it. We were married in the Garden Gazebo, supper was at the El Dorado and then we moved down to the Secret Pool where we did our first dances, throwing the garter and bouquet. We finished the night off in the lobby of the Colonial because there was always a live band and a good party happening there. Most definitely the best day of my life.

              My question is regarding the cake. For our wedding cake we had the Mexican Cake. I don't have the slightest idea of what the cake was actually called. Now that we are home we are trying to get all the details in place for our AHR taking place in April. I had originally planned to do mini cupcakes but have changed my mind and would really like to duplicate the cake we had. Does anyone have any idea what this cake actually is called? It almost seemed like it was either chilled or frozen in the middle.

              #517 crazykat

              crazykat
              • Newbie
              • 48 posts

                Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:13 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Aprilbride
                I getting married at the Grand Palladium Kantenah on APril 2nd 2010. We are just finalizing our Gala dinner menu. Is there anyone who has a gala dinner there with the sirlion and salmon dinner? It's so hard to decide without being able to taste.
                I would really like to know this also, I will be getting married there on the 14th of April and the steak and salmon is what I have chosen for our dinner.

                #518 dawnkyeknod

                dawnkyeknod
                • Jr. Member
                • 303 posts

                  Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:50 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Sarah_K
                  I am in the exact same boat...we don't really know how many are going to show up...but we already have more than 40 booked! I have emailed Rocio about this-our plan right now is to have the wedding, have a little time for pictures, meet up with everyone at one of the restaurants (Rocio said she would reserve one corner of the restaurant for us and have it all decorated), then we are all going to go somewhere for a 'private' reception (with drinks, cake, music, etc). This is going to cost us $5 per person (plus the $20 for the per person 'ceremony fee'). I'm getting married in July, I'll let you know how it works out.

                  Tammi-I LOVE the pictures!!!!! They make me excited!!!
                  WOW! I didnt even think of this. We havent picked our dinner option yet.
                  So, if you get a decorated area of a restaurant , is that at one of the a la cartes and is it for free? Cool idea! Where is your private reception (with cake etc)?
                  By the way, we are getting married July 29- when is your wedding?

                  #519 dawnkyeknod

                  dawnkyeknod
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 303 posts

                    Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:52 AM

                    lthomson - from what I have read on here I think it is called Tres Leches...Good luck

                    #520 Sarah_K

                    Sarah_K
                    • Newbie
                    • 20 posts

                      Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:08 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dawnkyeknod
                      WOW! I didnt even think of this. We havent picked our dinner option yet.
                      So, if you get a decorated area of a restaurant , is that at one of the a la cartes and is it for free? Cool idea! Where is your private reception (with cake etc)?
                      By the way, we are getting married July 29- when is your wedding?
                      From what Rocio said, yes our area of the restaurant will be blocked off and decorated. They will bring all of our decorations from the ceremony plus anything else that we want. I'm not sure if we get to go to an ala-cart restaurant...but it will be free. I am not sure where the reception will be...but I think we are going to do the cake there.

                      My wedding is June 25th...so you'll be able to read my review before you have to make any big decisions.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users