Originally Posted by MyTye2B View Post

It looks like I missed a lot when I posted earlier!  We must have all been writing near the same time.  I LOVE your finished bags, Claire!  I can't believe how talented you are!  You could sell those hangers on Etsy (and even bags - I bet they took a ton of work because they are so beautiful) and make a fortune!

Ladies I am a crazy cat lady at heart, but I love ALL animals so much so it was nice to see a picture of a furry friend here.  Chrestena your story of how your puppy came into your family was so wonderful.  :)  Liana it kills me to leave my babies alone too when I travel but usually they have Tyrel home to take care of them.  For the wedding I did a ton of research and finally found a wonderful set of women who will be our hired cat sitters while we're gone.  They even vacuum and sweep, take out the trash and bring in the mail.... and they asked what toys Maggie and Zain like best so that they can have them available for when they come to watch them.  I think it will be some of the best money I'm spending on this trip and I feel soooo confident now that they're in good hands.  They've even come over for a meet and greet with the cats.  Told ya I'm a crazy cat lady, haha!

Chrestena thank you so much for sharing how you got your dress clean.  I have my beautiful wedding dress, and I also purchased a cheap knock-off dress that I intend to wear for my TTD session, however it is HUGE on me, so when I go on July 13 to have my wedding dress taken in and sized I am going to ask how much it would cost to have the cheap TTD dress sized as well.  If it is too much money to have it sized then I will probably wear my real wedding dress in the TTD session.  The only things that scare me are 1. It is mermaid style underneath so I do not want to drown! and 2. I worried that I wouldn't be able to get it clean and I don't want to pay to have it professionally cleaned because I just saw a 1/2 off Groupon for wedding dress cleaning and it was still $250!  And you're right - I will probably never wear it again anyway.  I don't want it to be ruined though, so I can see myself soaking it in the tub as well haha.  Thanks for the picture!  I may show that to Tyrel so he doesn't think I'm crazy! 

Can I ask what are you ladies thinking of getting your bridesmaids as gifts?  Or what have you purchased for them if you are a former bride?  I got them necklaces to wear with their dresses, but I want to put something else special in their OOT bags that are special just for the bridesmaids.  I feel a bit bad, because I put down the 50% deposit on the spa services for everyone and I know some people will pay for their bridesmaids hair and makeup, but it totalled $500 for the 50% deposit (although that included my $150 as well) but still very expensive so I just sent an email 'gently reminding' or asking if they could please e-transfer me the deposit which most of them had said that they would do months ago when I first booked it.  I am trying to free up some space on our credit cards because we only have 48 more days until our wedding and I know that once we get to Grand Palladium I am going to have a big, fat bill waiting for me at the end of the trip and I need room available on my credit card to put it.  Do you think it was rude for me to ask them to pay me back the deposit?  Do you have any suggestions of something nice, meaningful but not too expensive that I can put in the OOT bags to go along with their necklaces?  I have 5 bridesmaids.

Thanks for your help!

Lauren 

Hey Lauren,

I have also been looking at gifts for my Maid and Matron of Honour-I am not actually having any bridesmaids.... and found this site they are called mothers bracelets, but they are customizable: you can chose the colours and the quantity of larger pearls. They are pearls which for me goes with the pearl package I have chosen and the cost is decent for them too. http://pearlsbylaurel.com/design-a-mothers-bracelet?src=pinterest-share

Check out my Bracelet! What does yours look like? Design a bracelet in just 3 easy steps! Just $29.95 undefined

Liana

Wow! So many posts today!! Thanks to all of you for your nice thoughts. Doctor said yesterday that if he did not get better in 24 hours, he should return to the clinic again. We have gone this afternoon. Doctor has changed him the antibiotics to see the results. He should improve in the next 48 hours. But we will return again on Thursday.

Claire, your dog is so lovely. I am a dog lover too!! 

Chrestena, so interesting you work for these two tv channels! Are you a journalist? I am a journalist but nowaydays unemployed. I presume you all know the situation is being hard here in Spain with the crisis. We are nowadays one of the worst countries in Europe about this, we have more than 25% of unemployed people. Although I have experience working in TV, newspapers, etc there is no way to find sth. Journalism is the 2nd sector with more unemployed people in this moment in the country (after the construction). The last two companies in which I worked as communication manager had to fire their workers and I had the bad luck to be between them (as is cheaper to fire the people that is in the company for less years). 

Nowadays I work as a freelance Spanish teacher but some months are not good at all as this month that I am having lots of time free. At least this has a good thing: I can be with Thomas in this moment and bring him to the doctor.

We are planning to move to other country after the wedding. Thomas has a job here but he would like as well to move to other country. Here there are no possibilites to find a job nor to grow professionally. 

Chrestena, thanks so much for your tips about your wedding dress. Miriam, the Mexican girl at facebook group told me she did the same with her dress at the resort!! hahaha. she also had the ttd and she also did use the tub for removing the sand. She also told me that when she returned home she brang the gown to a dry's cleaner. I am going to make the same as I asked and it would cost me 50 usd. Lauren, I was going to tell you to do the same, but 250usd! I am shocked! This is too much! 

In that case, I would do as Chrestena did and then at your return, clean it again by yourself at home. 

Liana, it is not sure yet that my parents are going to pay the wine and champagne... I do not know... I am starting to be fed up of this story!haha Because now Thomas is saying that he does not want the house wine either.... ! Why we have to be Spanish and Italian? hahahah Wish I would know anything about wines! 

My dad loves good wines but he does not realize yet how much Mexicans charge for this there.. I am still waiting for an email from Yazmin de la Mora. I am impatient to know the costs, but I have decided that I am not going to stress anymore with this!!! I am alredy nervous for my upcoming wedding and have no space now in my head to worry about the wine!! hahaha

Heather, yes, there are some alcohols and cocktails included (I have the whole list that Vanessa sent me, I will try to uploaded it tomorrow to the FB group) but we are going to have the lobster salad and the sirloin for the reception.

Chrestena, I love your story about your dog!! Thomas has a dog in Italy with a similar story, he rescued him 10 years ago and he has a good life  with Thomas' mom. 

Lauren, I am not sure if I have understood your bridesmaids thing about the spa... I am only having a maid of honor and she refused that I payed her the hairstyle for my wedding. I told her then that at least she has to let me to pay her for a beautiful bouquet with some orchids as well as mine and she finally  accepted. She chose between some options  that the flowershop sent me and I ordered one.  This is what she chose. 

So I think anyway, it is not rude... I am sure they are going to understand you are having a lot of expenses!

Now I am going to sleep, I am dying of sleep (is it correct said like this?) and last night I only slept 4 hours as Thomas was coughing all the night!

Good night ladies!!

Originally Posted by Carlota1981 View Post

Wow! So many posts today!! Thanks to all of you for your nice thoughts. Doctor said yesterday that if he did not get better in 24 hours, he should return to the clinic again. We have gone this afternoon. Doctor has changed him the antibiotics to see the results. He should improve in the next 48 hours. But we will return again on Thursday.

Chrestena, so interesting you work for these two tv channels! Are you a journalist? I am a journalist but nowaydays unemployed. I presume you all know the situation is being hard here in Spain with the crisis. We are nowadays one of the worst countries in Europe about this, we have more than 25% of unemployed people. Although I have experience working in TV, newspapers, etc there is no way to find sth. Journalism is the 2nd sector with more unemployed people in this moment in the country (after the construction). The last two companies in which I worked as communication manager had to fire their workers and I had the bad luck to be between them (as is cheaper to fire the people that is in the company for less years). 

Nowadays I work as a freelance Spanish teacher but some months are not good at all as this month that I am having lots of time free. At least this has a good thing: I can be with Thomas in this moment and bring him to the doctor.

We are planning to move to other country after the wedding. Thomas has a job here but he would like as well to move to other country. Here there are no possibilites to find a job nor to grow professionally. 

Chrestena, thanks so much for your tips about your wedding dress. Miriam, the Mexican girl at facebook group told me she did the same with her dress at the resort!! hahaha. she also had the ttd and she also did use the tub for removing the sand. She also told me that when she returned home she brang the gown to a dry's cleaner. I am going to make the same as I asked and it would cost me 50 usd. Lauren, I was going to tell you to do the same, but 250usd! I am shocked! This is too much! 

In that case, I would do as Chrestena did and then at your return, clean it again by yourself at home. 

Liana, it is not sure yet that my parents are going to pay the wine and champagne... I do not know... I am starting to be fed up of this story!haha Because now Thomas is saying that he does not want the house wine either.... ! Why we have to be Spanish and Italian? hahahah Wish I would know anything about wines! 

My dad loves good wines but he does not realize yet how much Mexicans charge for this there.. I am still waiting for an email from Yazmin de la Mora. I am impatient to know the costs, but I have decided that I am not going to stress anymore with this!!! I am alredy nervous for my upcoming wedding and have no space now in my head to worry about the wine!! hahaha

Heather, yes, there are some alcohols and cocktails included (I have the whole list that Vanessa sent me, I will try to uploaded it tomorrow to the FB group) but we are going to have the lobster salad and the sirloin for the reception.

Chrestena, I love your story about your dog!! Thomas has a dog in Italy with a similar story, he rescued him 10 years ago and he has a good life  with Thomas' mom. 

Lauren, I am not sure if I have understood your bridesmaids thing about the spa... I am only having a maid of honor and she refused that I payed her the hairstyle for my wedding. I told her then that at least she has to let me to pay her for a beautiful bouquet with some orchids as well as mine and she finally  accepted. She chose between some options  that the flowershop sent me and I ordered one.  This is what she chose. 

So I think anyway, it is not rude... I am sure they are going to understand you are having a lot of expenses!

Now I am going to sleep, I am dying of sleep (is it correct said like this?) and last night I only slept 4 hours as Thomas was coughing all the night!

Good night ladies!!

Originally Posted by Carlota1981 View Post

Good night ladies!!

Hi Carlota,

I'm sorry to hear Thomas is still in slow recovery, hopefully the doctors figure out the best medicine to make him better.

And you are right, some things work out for the best with you there to take care of him. There is something about being a woman and taking care of all those people around you, especially the men in our lives. Just make sure to take care of yourself, get lots of sleep and do NOT stress! I don't want you getting sick.

After the wedding you both should look into Alberta Canada, the weather might be something different to get used to, we don't get nearly as hot as it gets in Europe.... and it can get colder here too. Wishing you the best!

Good night Carlota!

Hi Heather,

I chose Menu #10 but one thing that Carlota mentioned on the Facebook page that I wasn't aware of is that you can actually choose different things from different menus and put them together to make your own. You just have to ask your wedding coordinator for the pricing if you do that. So that's a great option!

I did order my bridesmaid dresses online and they're turquoise too! At first I went to a store in Calgary that sells Bari Jay and I located a dress that was the same fabric as the one I had ordered. In the store and on the other dress it was the complete wrong colour! However! When our dresses finally arrived they are the perfect colour! I'll post a pic below that I'm sure my sister would die if she knew I was putting here, haha!

I agree Carlota, the flowers that your maid has chosen are absolutely beautiful!!  And yes, move to Alberta, Canada there is LOTS of work here!!  Although it's boiling today, no relief from the heat however usually the weather is beautiful and there are lots of mountains.  Let us know where you guys are thinking!  Hoping Thomas is feeling better soon!

Lauren

Originally Posted by brebuisson02 go_quote.gif

MJones, we are flying out of Winnipeg and had gotten a group rate of $1832.00 per person taxes included .. it was a bit more than what I wanted them to spend but since we are going during a 'busy season' (over New years) I knew the prices would be a bit more expensive. I was getting a bit frustrated because I kept trying to get the people who were wanting to come to put their deposit down as soon as possible to secure that price, and they kept saying they were gonna wait and hope that the prices would drop. The prices are now at $2200.00 per person and they're complaining that its too expensive now for them! Oh well, I tried to tell them so there's not much I can do.

A couple days ago a 'countdown' popped up on my phone saying that we had 6 months exactly until we leave for Mexico.. so exciting! I am having a girls weekend with my bridesmaids at the end of July and I'm hoping we can get lots of wedding stuff done because this summer has been super busy so far. Oh and also yesterday we FINALLY got to take our engagement photos .. they had been postponed about 4 times due to all the rain so I was quite happy that the weather finally cooperated for us and now I'm getting anxious wanting to see how they turned out! 

I do have a question I don't know if any of you can answer .. if we are going with a Karen Bussen package, are we able to bring our own flowers (I was thinking of getting the silk bouquets you can get made on Etsy .. this way I can get exactly what I want and then can keep them after)?? I know the brides bouquet is included in the package and we must use it but I'm wondering if I could just put it on a table or something instead?? I might need to ask Vanessa about this.

Bre

Thank you for the information! We ended up going with the Colonial, to keep costs down a little bit. I can't wait!!!

Originally Posted by Soon2BeMrsW View Post

MyTye2B, did you book through a travel agent or directly through WestJet? I live in Edmonton and I am planning on getting married next July. My preference would be to fly with WestJet, as they always provide great service, but my travel agent said that prices would be much higher if we go with them as they don't have any direct flights to the Mayan in the summer. She said that we'd have to make a connection in Toronto, which would result in more expensive packages. Yet, your price seems the same as what I'm being quoted...

I'd love to know how you went about booking your flights/packages, as well as if you're flying through Toronto. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi Soon2BeMrsW,

I looked into booking with WestJet, and the prices were SO high! I was shocked. I ended up booking with SunWing, and the prices were a lot more reasonable :)

Today we finalized the plans with the TA, and got the room block opened up. Officially getting married on March 21st! I can't wait!!!

How long do most dresses take to order? Am I pushing it if I wait until August to go look?

Can someone please send me the link to the facebook group? I would love to join!

Thanks ladies

Mikaela

My dress is taking 8 month to arrive so if you want time for alterations you might want to look sooner... But really it depends on the designer, mine is an alfred angelo so that's eight months, but I know there were some other ones that didn't take so long....