Photo

Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
2934 replies to this topic

#2541 Brittany Bob

Brittany Bob
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

Hi Everyone

I just got engaged and I am trying to find a resort... I really like Dreams PA but when I read the reviews on some travel sites I got nervous that the beach is very rocky, and there are lots of kids running around.  We need to book a family friendly resort though as my fiance has a 7 year old daughter.  Any feedback would be much appriciated. 

Thanks! and Congratulations to everyone on their weddings!!

#2542 Julie Carson

Julie Carson
    • 31 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

Hey eveyone! I spent some time reading back in this thread and wow it goes back far and has good information. I really like the prep this girl did for her wedding. http://www.bestdesti...vy#post_1281016

#2543 Aistule

Aistule
      • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:50 PM

Ladies,

my review is finally up in the review section! http://www.bestdesti...clusive/reviews

Let me know if you have any questions--I know what it's like to be planning a wedding from afar! ;)

#2544 MrsRobinson12

MrsRobinson12
        • 70 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:44 AM

Welcome KatoeOSU.

Congratulations on booking your wedding! Less than a year away for you. Mine is in March, 2012. Getting excited!

We are using Moments that Matter Photography. I have had very good communication with Lincoln since the day I contact him. It is an extra cost, but like Allie said, these pictures will last you forever! I highly reccomend booking him just from the pictures I have seen him take. You should check out MTM on facebook!

Amanda.

#2545 MrsRobinson12

MrsRobinson12
          • 70 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:47 AM

Aistule - Thanks for the awesome review, I love reading reviews! It was very helpful. Glad to hear that the rain went away and that everything worked out in the end!

#2546 Allie2012

Allie2012
            • 194 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:20 PM

Great review, thank you for taking the time to come back and post it! It is so helpful to hear other brides positive experiences :)

Originally Posted by Aistule 

Ladies,

my review is finally up in the review section! http://www.bestdesti...clusive/reviews

Let me know if you have any questions--I know what it's like to be planning a wedding from afar! ;)

#2547 Allie2012

Allie2012
              • 194 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

Has anyone decided what they are doing for centrepieces? I see that DPA charges $60 and up for a floral arrangement, and I'm not sure if I want to pay that price, but I feel like the tables need something! I was thinking about bringing my own, maybe table lanterns, but it will be troublesome to pack those. Would love to hear what you ladies are planning on doing.

#2548 MrsRobinson12

MrsRobinson12
                • 70 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hey Allie.

I am bringing silk flowers for bouquet's and I am thinking of just using a tall circular glass vase (I am hoping they have some there) and putting the flowers in that. Also, I am not going to be using the flowers they provide in the ultimate wedding package or the photography in the ultimatge wedding package, so I am hoping that maybe they will let me use some decorations free of charge, considering the flowers and photography are probably pretty costly. I am sure they do some sort of set up on the tables, I doubt they would just leave them empty, you know? Which package are you getting?

#2549 bluelenscaribe

bluelenscaribe
                  • Vendor
                  • 194 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hello everyone!

First of all Congratulation to all of you for your wedding! The Riviera Maya is a paradise to get married.

Just to give you an idea let me share with you a few pictures of a pretty wedding we shoot a few month ago at the Dreams Aventuras.

#2550 Allie2012

Allie2012
                    • 194 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hi Mrs. Robinson,

I am also doing the Ultimate package. We are not using the photographer either so I asked Jacki if I could subsitute something instead. She said she would give us $100 credit towards something else, but I was kind of hoping for more! So I may actually still use the photographer and have them photograph my guests during the cocktail hour. For decorations I plan to bring down chair sashes and table runners, but I am so stuck as to what I want to do for centrepieces. I plan on having real flowers for all the bouquets and bouts. I thought about using the bridesmaids bouquets in a vase for the centrepieces and bring my own vases. But I don't think I really want to pack vases, so maybe I'll just rent them from Dreams. Oh well, I still have plenty of time to decide.........

Originally Posted by MrsRobinson12 

Hey Allie.

I am bringing silk flowers for bouquet's and I am thinking of just using a tall circular glass vase (I am hoping they have some there) and putting the flowers in that. Also, I am not going to be using the flowers they provide in the ultimate wedding package or the photography in the ultimatge wedding package, so I am hoping that maybe they will let me use some decorations free of charge, considering the flowers and photography are probably pretty costly. I am sure they do some sort of set up on the tables, I doubt they would just leave them empty, you know? Which package are you getting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users