Help?Is TA price too much?

JoLo908

I allowed my TA to post to our wedding website, and update it as needed. She gave an approx. price quote for double occupancy at our AI resort, plus airfair, taxes, transfers, the whole sha-bang. Well, I went and checked on Expedia for the same flights and resort and transfers, and the total came to almost $300 less per person. I wrote her an e-mail and am awaiting a response, but isn't your TA supposed you the best deal possible? I mean, I know she has to make money too, but so do other companies... I don't want my guests paying $300 more than they have to. Any advice on how to go about this if it IS that much more and what should I do??

Thank you in advance for any opinions or advice!

Your TA isn't Worldwide Group Travel is it? lol I had them at first and she was WAY overcharging so I had to find someone else. On a serious note, a good TA should be able to get you less than what you can find yourself or atleast match the price. That's a HUGE difference in price.

There are several TA's on this forum who might be able to help if you decide to switch. Check out the upper right corner of the screen. I would contact your TA and tell her you found a much better price and see what she says. I have a guest that found a better price than my TA for her particular trip and my TA said she could match it as long as you could print out the rate so she had proof of it. In the end she actually did end up finding an even better rate for this particular guest. Good luck. I would give her the opportunity to offer something lower. Hopefully she can and you don't have to switch.

Yeah, i would HATE to switch... we included her card in the invites and everything... and I think it would look really bad for her if we had to switch considering all of the invites we gave out with her card... not that i would ever do anything to make her look bad... I am not like that... I just think the guests would be like WTF? Why did they switch? Ya know? Oh boy, Hopefully I will get an e-mail response from her tomorrow and I will let you know what she says... wish me luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLo908 View Post
Yeah, tell me about it... she is with Liberty Travel... I will just be kind of annoyed... I want to tell my guests to book on Expedia or something... travel agents are supposed to find you deals! It's so frustrating...
we are using someone from liberty travel as well, and they have a "price match guarantee," so if you find something lower they are supposed to match it. haha now i want to go check out rates for my trip!

Def ask her to match the price you found. That's ridiculous! Don't feel awkward bc you included her card to ask your guests not to use her. Once you explain they save $300 they will be happy you pointed it out to them :)

Best of luck!

We are working with TA Dina from this forum and she told us she will work hard to find us the best price but she won't be looking everyday so that if we ever found a better price just let her know! So since you emailed your TA about the prices I would think she'd be abe to match it and give a credit if people have already paid or just change the info on your website.