77 replies to this topic

#61 ashlee430

• 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

Thanks for the ideas!!

#62 anisha

• 49 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Amazing job! I'm working on mine now and it is a lot of work! Good thing I only have about 15 to do!

#63 blondi1029

• 152 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

They look amazing and I am soo amazed how much you got in those bags for the price you did! BRAVO

#64 sdj327

• 171 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

thank you for the price breakdown! i am going to the dollar store tom!

#65 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
          • 270 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:28 PM

Do all DW brides have to give OOT Bags? (What does OOT stand for?)? well as you can tell, I am a newbie to this field :)

#66 kmmathes

• 83 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

OOT = Out Of Town bag

#67 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
              • 270 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by kmmathes 

OOT = Out Of Town bag

oh my .... I cant believe I didn't catch on to that. haha thanks

#68 kmmathes

• 83 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

No worries, I'm too embarrased to tell you how long it took me to figure it out!

#69 mmackin9

• 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I just returned from our wedding in Cozumel and while I was planning for the wedding I spent countless hours on these forums learning from the past experiences of other brides. For our 19 guests I had prepared loaded Welcome Bags which were placed in their rooms prior to arrival. Additionally, I was worried about buying the maracas in Mexico so instead I bought them from Amols (?) and transported them to Cozumel. The best advice I received on this forum was noted quickly and I only glanced at it, but a bride recommended, nay warned, that you should carry receipts for all of your welcome bag goodies and wedding favours - to that bride, THANK YOU. We were stopped at customs and questioned about the value of goods as you can only bring in $300 US max worth of goods. Luckily I had the receipts in the outer zipper pocket of one of the luggage pieces, presented the receipts (tickets as he called them), he reviewed them, mumbled something in Spanish to another guard and sent us on our way. I have no doubt that he would have charged us duty/tax on the items we were bringing into the country. Remember to keep the receipts and bring them with you. You may not be asked, but if you are, then you are prepared as I was. Marissa - 1, Mexico - 0 :D

Also, buy your maracas in Mexico - they are EVERYWHERE and $1 US a piece. It will save room in your luggage AND cost you less in the long run. I definitely would have done that if I had known better.

Hopefully this helps another bride. These forums were indispensable to me while I was planning so thank you to all of the brides.

#70 nettybon

• 153 posts
                    • Wedding Date:April 4, 2014
                    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Punta Cana
                    • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:06 AM

Love the bags! Thanks for sharing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users