Boudoir Make-up???

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
  • Banned
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:41 PM

I just booked to have my make-up done at Nordstrom's before my BD shoot. Girls that have already done your shoots, did you have heavier make-up than you were used to, so it shows up nicely in the pics? Or do you just do it how you normally would? I don't want to look like a tramp, but also want to convey the sexy "pin-up" girl look. What do you all suggest?

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:52 PM

Andrea - i told my make up artist i wanted "classy hooker" or "high class call girl" LOL!

i will dig up some face shots for you - hold on BRB

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 06:53 PM

here is a link to my BD photog's blog ... jen capone photography: A's boudoir

#4 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
        • Banned
        • 1,051 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:58 PM

Great! Thanks so much I appreciate it! You look HOT!

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

you're welcome and thanks! :)

#6 Evan Baines

Evan Baines
            • 50 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:16 PM

I always encourage my clients to consider professional makeup for a shoot like this: your photographer should have a list of MUA's to whom they refer.

Failing this, consider using slightly more makeup than you are used to, and avoid mineral-based foundations like Bare Minerals. Doing a test application and having a friend with a decent camera take some pictures can ensure that the shades of makeup will work well with your skin tones on camera.

Hope this helps!

#7 Jeremy_Gilliam

Jeremy_Gilliam
              • 335 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:24 PM

My thought is that it is all about the eyes in Boudoir photography. I usually like it best when the Makeup artist does a really fresh face/natural look and then a little heavier than normal liner and shadow. This really makes the eyes pop, as I'm sure you know. If the makeup is as light as normal it will disappear under lights through a camera.

#8 -Kate-

-Kate-
                • VIP Member
                • 7,676 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:30 PM

I told my girl I wanted to be GLAM! She was so excited bc usually people want to look "natural" so she rarely gets to play with the fun, glam look.

#9 Opice34

Opice34
                  • 414 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 08:43 PM

This is a good question. I've also heard that there are different brands of make-up that look better in pictures? Does anyone know anything about this? Did anyone use a different make-up line for the BD or Wedding Day?

I assume the MUA at Nordstrom would know. Are you going to a particular make-up counter?

Good luck! I hope you have a blast!

#10 royfa

royfa
                    • 2,201 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:10 PM

When I did my session, my make up was heavier. It turned out really nice in the pics. I'm waiting for my CD but I can send some pics if you want to se once I received it.
                      Fannie & Pierre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users