taxi strike in Cabo? any info?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Valiant

Bryan Valiant
  • Banned
  • 49 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:13 PM

Hey all I am shooting in Cabo in a week and I hear there is a Taxi strike... anyone have any info... I will have nothing to do Fri Aug 22nd day... anyone have any ideas?

thanks, Bryan

#2 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
    • 5,705 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:54 AM

The issue is between the Taxi Union and Private Transport Companies. Taxis are running as usual, Private Companies have some limitations at the moment, they're still working on it. Taxis are quite expensive, you're probably better off renting a car.

#3 claudiabenitez

claudiabenitez
      • 77 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 07:10 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Bryan Valiant
        Hey all I am shooting in Cabo in a week and I hear there is a Taxi strike... anyone have any info... I will have nothing to do Fri Aug 22nd day... anyone have any ideas?

thanks, Bryan

I read that they came to an agreement and that they have cops making sure the tourists get what we're looking for, good and relaxing vacations!

The Associated Press: Taxi spat flares in Mexico's Cabo San Lucas resort

Type taxis in Cabo in Google and you'll see that apparently everything is ok. My WC told me I just need to make sure I have my transportation prepaid and I'll be fine.

Good Luck!

#4 Bryan Valiant

Bryan Valiant
        • Banned
        • 49 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 03:23 AM

I decided to pre-pay for a shuttle... silly but I just don't want to deal with renting a car.

#5 Floreria Rayen

Floreria Rayen
          • 39 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:08 AM

Hi Bryan,

It's pretty easy to get around here in Cabo, just in case you decide to rent a car. There is only one highway to connect San Jose and Cabo San Lucas and all the attractions are downtown San Lucas or Cabo San Lucas.

Just in case you decide to rent a car, beware of the car rental "deals" offered at the airport, they're time share people and you don't wanna waste any time before your wedding day.

About taxis, if you need to go somewhere and you didn't pre-paid your transportation, you need to take a taxi because that was the agreement between taxis and transportation companies.

Happy planning!

#6 Mango Deck

Mango Deck
            • 141 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 11:17 AM

Hey Brian...

They do have come to an agreement, Taxis are running as usual, Transport companies need to take the contracts they sign with customers to a office just to let them know how many passengers are they transporting and to where are they taking them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users