Photo

Laser hair removal?

• Please log in to reply
143 replies to this topic

#131 Blkatz

Blkatz
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:08 AM

I did it for my bikini line and I love it. I saw results after the 4th session. The hair grows back just very differently and much less. I use to have to shave all the time and worry about it when I would go to the beach-now maybe I shave every other week.

#132 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:33 AM

I did it for my wedding (I think there are quite a few threads out there if you search, when I get a moment, I will try to merge them.), but I got a full brazilian. I did 5 sessions before we left for JA and it was great. The hair gree back MUCH less and thinner. I had a 3 year contract with the place, and then it closed down at the end of the summer. So I never got ot finish and you cn't really see the results anymore at all. Well, I guess it's still thinner and less, but not nearly as little as it was right after the sessions.

#133 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:47 AM

i had two sessions - underarm, brazilian, and lip. even w/ just two sessions, the last of which was over a year ago, there is much less hair growth and less ingrown hairs.

#134 *Casey*

*Casey*
        • 5,209 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:20 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Blkatz
          The hair grows back just very differently and much less. I use to have to shave all the time and worry about it when I would go to the beach-now maybe I shave every other week.
          I thought that it's not supposed to grow back at all. Did you go through all your sessions? I totally want to do it to my bikini!!!

#135 hsims1

hsims1
          • 356 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

I am wanting to do my bikini too.....however I did not know that the hair typically isn't 100% gone. I thought the laser removed the hair completely....hmmm

#136 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

I think in most cases, that hair will never be gone 100%. Something about hair grows out of the follicles at different times, so only active growth hair is zapped with the laser. I mean, I guess if you went enough for a long time, perhaps you could get all the cycles, but my tech had told me that mainly it just gets way finer and less of it all together.

#137 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
              • 2,424 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:21 PM

I have be getting electrolysis done and have been very happy with it so far. A friend recommended the lady i go to and her hair has not come back at all. I researched both electrolysis and laser hair removal, i though electrolysis was the better option for me because i was not doing such a large area.

#138 boscobel

boscobel
                • VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:23 PM

Hmmm, I always thought they were the same thing! I guess I have to do some research on electrolysis now!

#139 hsims1

hsims1
                  • 356 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:54 PM

Hmmm...I never did any research on electrolysis.....I should probably look into that too.

#140 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
                    • VIP Member
                    • 3,160 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:44 PM

i want to do my upper lip, will electrolisis (sp?) do the job? after erading about laser not working, now i dont want to waste $ im nervous.

what is electrolisis, is it safe to be near my head? ill search google too...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users