Anybody ever heard of "Edventure Tours"?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 linzluhu

• 21 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

I was on Tripadvisor the other day trying to plan an excursion for our group in Tulum, when I came across these guys.

This is actually ranked the #1 excursion in Tulum, with rave reviews. I looked at their website, and the prices seem pretty reasonable for an entire day of the Ruins and various Cenotes.

I would love to hear anyone's opinions if you've ever heard of it before!

Jungle adeventures, Snorkeling, cenotes, tropicalretours.com.mx)

#2 rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:37 PM

i have not heard of them. I'm confused by what their price is. They all say "$x extra" but what is the base price?

it does look like a fun day.

This is what we did http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21718

#3 linzluhu

• 21 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:57 AM

If you click on the "Tours" tab, they give you pricing info. It looks like the base price is $75/person, and then you can add on snorkeling with sea turtles, ziplining, etc.

#4 Mylee84

• 287 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:28 AM

I went on an excursion with edventures with my family in june 2007! We had a blast!! We went to the underwater cove for snorkeling, the ocean (we seen a barracuda and swam with turtles) then went to a little lagoon type thing were there was tropical fish! We also went to a very authentic mexican restaurant (yummy) ask for english menus. We ordered in spanish and my dad ordered an ensalada thinking it was enchiladas.... nope its a big fat salad Anyways we also went ziplining! It was all a blast! because we had so many people we had carlos the driver of the van! He was awesome! Went and got us beer for the ride between places! Anyways I have pictures- PM me and ill send them to you! =)

#5 jhawkev

• 124 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 11:02 PM

They are amazing! We used them in May and had a great day from 8am to 8pm. We're planning on using them when we have our wedding, we're going to try and set up an excursion for our friends and family. I recommend emailing them w/ any questions, they are very quick and helpful. It's the owner's wife Bonnie who you will be in contact with.

#6 MomentsThatMatter

• Vendor
            • 2,015 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 07:55 PM

I have done a bunch of tours in the Mayan... my suggestion if your on a budget is to taxi around and do them yourself. It doesn't take that much effort and you save yourself a ton of money!
              Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
              Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
              Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
              Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/

#7 Jeremy_Gilliam

• 335 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:00 PM

Any company with a name as awesome as "Edventure" gets my vote!

#8 Erica053009

• 513 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:14 PM

This is a little off topic but is anyone paying for a group excursion?

#9 linzluhu

• 21 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Erica053009 View Post
                    This is a little off topic but is anyone paying for a group excursion?
                    To be honest, It's not really in my budget to pay for everybody to go on the excursion, plus I figure there's no way that everybody would actually want to do the same one...What I am planning on doing is paying for lunch during the excursion or something like that.

Now you got me thinking though, do you think that's tacky that I'm not planning on paying for the whole thing?

#10 Jeremy_Gilliam

• 335 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 02:12 PM

No, I don't think it's tacky as long as they have the option on if they would like to go or not, and if you are clear with how much it will cost them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users