Sign in to follow this  
heather007

Rehearsal and welcome dinner- veto'd out

Like others said. I would just pick one of the hotels at the resort and tell everyone to meet there at a certain time. Maybe send out a Newsletter with an itinerary a few weeks before you leave to let everyone know your plans.

A cocktail sounds like an excellent idea.

My parents are contributing a few dollars for the wedding- so I do feel like they have a say in what happens. Mainly, their major concern was making the guests feel obligated with spending a lot of their vacation with us.

Now I will want to add this detail to my invitations- does anyone have an example of how this could be written up?

~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather007 View Post
A cocktail sounds like an excellent idea.

My parents are contributing a few dollars for the wedding- so I do feel like they have a say in what happens. Mainly, their major concern was making the guests feel obligated with spending a lot of their vacation with us.

Now I will want to add this detail to my invitations- does anyone have an example of how this could be written up?

~~
I wouldn't worry about if your guests feel "obligated" during their vacation. This is your wedding. They are going for you, I am sure most of them will be thrilled to spend time with the guest of honor...YOU.

I am having a welcome reception the night before the wedding. I didn't put it in my invite, but did post it on our website. I also plan on mailing a almost time packet two weeks before we leave and it will have more information regarding the Welcome Reception.