Photo

Blau Varadero

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#31 bamalama

bamalama
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

if you think chairs are going to deter people from standing around in their bathing suits, thats not going to happen. They are going to gather round, take many pictures, and even video tape it regardless. (i'm sure i am in MANY tourists vacation videos) I do think that chairs many LOOK better for the actual ceremony, but it definitely won't be a deterrent of lookey-loos in their speedos.

#32 jackobelle

jackobelle
    • 359 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:48 AM

Awesome, thanks, Jax! I can't wait to hear about your wedding. Have you been to the Blau before? I toured it a couple of weeks ago, and if you can, try to get an ocean view oom when you are there. They showed me one and the view was breathtaking!!
      Good luck with your last minute planning!

:) Jackie

#33 jackobelle

jackobelle
      • 359 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 08:53 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by bamalama
        if you think chairs are going to deter people from standing around in their bathing suits, thats not going to happen. They are going to gather round, take many pictures, and even video tape it regardless. (i'm sure i am in MANY tourists vacation videos) I do think that chairs many LOOK better for the actual ceremony, but it definitely won't be a deterrent of lookey-loos in their speedos.

Oh seriously??! Hopefully the speedos don't get too close! LOL!! I don't mind if people watch, but I am hoping the chairs help so that they don't stand AS close as they might otherwise. I don't get why someone would want to videotape a wedding of 2 people they don't even know! ?? Anyway, thanks for preparing me!

#34 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
        • 475 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

yeah i dont mind if people watch.. i just dont want them to think they can hover on top of my guests.. and at least they might get the point of trying to stay out of the way for 15 mins or so ... for the ceremony..

jackobelle-->I have not been to Blau before.. i have actually never set foot outside of NA! isnt that sad !!.. lol thats gunna change soon! :) i was at a bridal show and i ran into a Blau rep and she told me to email her so that she could set us up in the best possible room they have! so im excited.. and i am definitely going to have an oceanview room :)

... on a side note... my MOH and friends held a surprise bachelorette for me last night!! it was absolutely amazing! .. we went to the dragonfly in niagara falls... SOO much fun there :)

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
          All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

http://tickers.Ticke....7116/event.png

#35 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
          • 475 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:12 AM

yeah i dont mind if people watch.. i just dont want them to think they can hover on top of my guests.. and at least they might get the point of trying to stay out of the way for 15 mins or so ... for the ceremony..

jackobelle-->I have not been to Blau before.. i have actually never set foot outside of NA! isnt that sad !!.. lol thats gunna change soon! :) i was at a bridal show and i ran into a Blau rep and she told me to email her so that she could set us up in the best possible room they have! so im excited.. and i am definitely going to have an oceanview room :)

... on a side note... my MOH and friends held a surprise bachelorette for me last night!! it was absolutely amazing! .. we went to the dragonfly in niagara falls... SOO much fun there :)

Mr. & Mrs. Reid
            All my life, I prayed for someone like you... and I thank God that I finally found you!

#36 jackobelle

jackobelle
            • 359 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

Jax - That's awesome that you get the best room in the house. You will love the Blau and Cuba too!! Would you mind giving me the Blau rep's email. I wouldn't mind contacting her and asking her some questions since I am strongly considering the Blau for my wedding next year.

Glad you had fun at the Dragonfly, I went there for a friend's birthday and had a great time too.

#37 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
              • 475 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:19 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jackobelle
                Jax - That's awesome that you get the best room in the house. You will love the Blau and Cuba too!! Would you mind giving me the Blau rep's email. I wouldn't mind contacting her and asking her some questions since I am strongly considering the Blau for my wedding next year.

Glad you had fun at the Dragonfly, I went there for a friend's birthday and had a great time too.
                The reps name is Sobeida Feliz and her email is, blauamerica@rogers.com

a weird side note though... i think Blau Varadero changed their name to Oasis?? if u search it on tripadvisor.. it goes by oasis varadero now..

Mr. & Mrs. Reid

#38 jackobelle

jackobelle
                • 359 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:46 AM

Oasis? Really? Wow...it was the Blau a couple of weeks ago when I was there. They didn't mention anything when I was talking to the WC. I wonder why they would do that? Is it still 4*s?

And thanks for the email addy,

#39 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
                  • 475 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 11:23 AM

lol im not so sure if its for real.. but on trip advisor it said oasis varadero and under it.. blau...

what did u think of everything when u went to visit? do u think ur gunna go there... have any advice :P?

Mr. & Mrs. Reid

#40 jax_the_beach_bride

jax_the_beach_bride
                    • 475 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:10 PM

PAST BLAU VARADERO GIRLS!!!!..... i have a question... are you given wristbands for the resort and if so do u know how much it would cost for someone to come onto the resort for the wedding day Are there ways around paying LOL!?

Mr. & Mrs. Reid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users