Photo

Converting old pics to digital?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
  • 5,681 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:25 PM

Converting old pics to digital? Has anyone done this?

My family has tons of pictures and since my parents divorced my dad has almost no pics of us when we were young except a few that we gave him.

We would all like to have a copy of the pictures from my mom and I saw this in a catalog The Photograph To Digital Picture Converter. at Hammacher Schlemmer and wondered if anyone has one or something like it?

#2 Bianca

Bianca
    • 1,057 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:35 PM

I wanted to make my uncle a book of his son that is in the army, so he gave me all the prints he had and I went to walmart and scanned them in. It saved them in high resolution so I could have enlarged it a little. It probably would have still been a bit blurry, but some photos were over 20 years old!

That machine looks convenient, but you really just need a scanner and some time! If you have any negatives, they do make scanners or machines that scan those in and make digital copies.
      19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
      http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#3 resehop

resehop
      • Vendor
      • 49 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:46 AM

I wouldn't spend money on something like that. Just buy a scanner that you could get more use out of (like a 3 in 1) If you don't want to scan them you could always take them in somewhere and have them do it. Good luck.

#4 meghan1177

meghan1177
        • 73 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 09:57 AM

I agree with everyone else. Scanning can be time consuming, but its really easy. Good luck with this project -- it's something I've been meaning to do for ages!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users