Photo

My dress may be ruined!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Angel

Angel
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:44 PM

I agree with everybody else. So you know what you need to do. That is not right and she shouldn't get away with it. I bet she's thinking she got away with it cause you haven't contacted her yet. Do what you gotta do girl!!! I hope everything goes well and I am really sorry to hear about your mom.

#12 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:42 PM

Oh no! Call the owner immediately! I hope it all works out.

#13 Tara

Tara
      • 473 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 12:01 AM

Oh, I'm so sorry. I would definitely take it back immediately and tell her that this just won't do. She's got to take responsibility for her work... and aside from that she should have some pride in it.

Hopefully you'll come to an agreement that will work out well. Keep us posted!

#14 syl1115

syl1115
        • 789 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 06:39 AM

First, thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. I needed it. It took four months for my dress to get here and I would hate to have to find another. I had to drive 150 miles to find a store that had one for me to try on. It was a 2005 model. I will keep you posted on what happens.

Sylvia
          Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#15 Stina168

Stina168
          • 170 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:40 PM

You poor thing, I feel so awful for you. I hope she takes responsibility and is able to fix the dress you love so much.

#16 lucy106

lucy106
            • 2,880 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:43 PM

I am so sorry to read about your mom, that must be very difficult. I hope it all turns out. I agree with the comment made speculating that this is why she didnt have you try it on. Please keep us posted and stand your ground!!

#17 syl1115

syl1115
              • 789 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:55 PM

Just an update. I am going back tomorrow to see if she was able to fix the dress. In the mean time, I happened to find a "backup" dress today. How funny is this, I found it at the Christian Armory store! Since when did a Christian book store sell wedding dresses? Anyway it is only $100.00 and the length is perfect. (it does have to be taken out just a little or I have to drop 5 lbs in the next 30 days). I am hoping not to have to go this route, but at least I have a plan B. I will post again tomorrow after 1:00 pm. Keep your fingers crossed.
                Sylvia

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#18 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
                • Banned
                • 1,051 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:04 PM

We'll be waiting to hear how it goes. Just a question for you, was this lady sorry about messing up the dress? Will she refund your money and money for the ruined dress if she's un-able to fix it? I really hope she can! Atleast if "worse comes to worse" you did find a back-up dress. How bizzare, a christian bookstore had wedding dresses! Good luck!

#19 Jenn

Jenn
                  • 1,557 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:44 PM

Fingers crossed that she'll be able to fix the mistakes, but I'm glad you were able to find a backup! That must be a huge relief!

#20 Angel

Angel
                    • 2,635 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:07 PM

That's good you got a plan B. I hope everything works out ok. Keep us informed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users