Sign in to follow this  
Virg

Bio-Oil?

Has anyone used Bio-Oil before?

They say it is for scars, stretch marks, un even skin tone and even dry skin...I just bought it today, I am hoping it will help with a scar I have on my arm . The directions say apply twicce daily for a minimum of 3 months...*sigh*..

Hi,

I use boi-oil twice a day on a scar that I have on my hand and my elbow. Frankly, I haven't seen much of a difference but it's certainly great at hydrating! What seems to be working is a silicone patch that I purchased through my therapist (there may be something like that at the pharmacy. I paid $5 for a little piece). You stick the silicone patch on your scar overnight and it really makes a difference!

I had a baby May 15th and have terrible stretch marks on my lower stomach, i have used bio-oil twice a day for 2months and so far see no results :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbario View Post
Hi,
I use boi-oil twice a day on a scar that I have on my hand and my elbow. Frankly, I haven't seen much of a difference but it's certainly great at hydrating! What seems to be working is a silicone patch that I purchased through my therapist (there may be something like that at the pharmacy. I paid $5 for a little piece). You stick the silicone patch on your scar overnight and it really makes a difference!
That sounds interesting!

I have a pretty noticeable scar on my wrist from a fall, and I bought Bio-Oil a couple months ago, it has made no difference in the scar at all, but it does make your skin baby soft

Hey there - One of my friends is a surgeon and recommends a new silicone product called Kelo-cote. It goes on clear and only has to be used 2x a day. It may be a little more expensive than Mederma, but I've been told it works even better. Here's the info:

https://www.kelo-cote.com/

USA: 1-800-240-8227

Canada: 1-800-287-7686.
International: 1-678-684-1426