Photo

Valentin Imperial Maya Brides?

• Please log in to reply
918 replies to this topic

#611 JBean

JBean
  • 429 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:02 PM

Does anyone know what the table set up is like for the reception? Do they use 1 or 2 long tables, or rounds? Do you get a choice?

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
    Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
    Bride & Groom + 29

#612 sarahlcamp

sarahlcamp
    • 9 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

According to Ariadna, the reception tables are round and seat 10 people.  I think there is a separate smaller table for the bride and the groom. 

#613 jenlevergood

jenlevergood
      • 44 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:48 PM

JBean,

Our chair covers were the standard white chair covers that you see at any hall and looked very nice, I can send you photos if you like.  There was 15 of us so we had 2 round tables with 7 and 8 each but each table we had would only comfortably hold 8 people.  You have the option of a seperate table for the bride and groom and/or wedding party but it seemed silly with our small group.  It is definitely your choice for seating arrangements and Ana went over the seating with us when we arrived at our first meeting. 

We definitely didn't want to drag any more junk down there than we already did, so we did go with the centerpiece they offered.  We had one included with our package and purchased an extra one for $50, with white lilly and calli lilly.  We thought they were really nice but your WC will send you an attachment of all the different options. 

#614 JBean

JBean
        • 429 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:37 PM

Thank you! That helps out a lot!!

Originally Posted by jenlevergood 

JBean,

Our chair covers were the standard white chair covers that you see at any hall and looked very nice, I can send you photos if you like.  There was 15 of us so we had 2 round tables with 7 and 8 each but each table we had would only comfortably hold 8 people.  You have the option of a seperate table for the bride and groom and/or wedding party but it seemed silly with our small group.  It is definitely your choice for seating arrangements and Ana went over the seating with us when we arrived at our first meeting. 

We definitely didn't want to drag any more junk down there than we already did, so we did go with the centerpiece they offered.  We had one included with our package and purchased an extra one for $50, with white lilly and calli lilly.  We thought they were really nice but your WC will send you an attachment of all the different options. 

Bride & Groom + 29

#615 JBean

JBean
          • 429 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

PS - if you have a picture of the table set-up and/or centrepieces that would be great! Just so I can get an idea. 

Bride & Groom + 29

#616 Brandeemdavis

Brandeemdavis
            • 23 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 03:46 PM

Hey Jen!

Thanks again for letting us use your speakers.... it was perfect.  We really weren't planning any dancing (besides the first dance) at our reception so we just had background music which worked out perfectly!  I'm sad we didn't get a chance to meet up while we were there..... maybe if we both go back next year for our anniversaries!! Our trip was amazing and the weddin'g couldn't have been any better!  I'm with you.... i didn't want to come home to cold rainy weather I'm sad the week went by so fast!  Congratulations again!

#617 JBean

JBean
              • 429 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:17 AM

So we JUST got confirmation of our wedding date today! November 10th, 2011!! SO excited!!

Veronica emailed us and introduced herself as our WC. I've only even heard about Ana and how great she is, so I'm a little nervous. Has anyone used Veronica before???

Also, what time are most people having their ceremonies? 4pm? 5pm?

Bride & Groom + 29

#618 ahollo02

ahollo02
                • 296 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

I know that I read it somewhere but now I can not find it. How much extra is the hupa to rent??

JBean - I am having my ceremony at 5:30 but thats in May

#619 ChelsH

ChelsH
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 19 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:50 AM

JBean, I have been working with Veronica and she has been great so far.  She originally had us for 4pm but I asked her if we could do closer to sunset and she said 5pm would be fine.  Congrats on setting your date!

#620 NikkiT1021

NikkiT1021
                    • 210 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:54 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ahollo02 

I know that I read it somewhere but now I can not find it. How much extra is the hupa to rent??

JBean - I am having my ceremony at 5:30 but thats in May

They range from about 250-470. We are going with one with no flowers and I think it's $270. Also, I finally got quoted for orchid bouquets for my bridesmaids. Ana said $70/ bouquet and $30/boutinerre. Otherwise they are $60 and $25.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users