• 133 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 10:52 AM

Cait, no one has replied yet. I think I am about to send another email. :-(

#282 alliecattn

alliecattn
    • 68 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 02:34 PM

Dear Cait,

My fiance and I are getting married at the Valentin in October and are trying to decide on the room we want. I would love to see your room pics. My email is alliecattn@hotmail.com.

Thanks,

Allison

#283 valentinbride

valentinbride
      • 31 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 09:04 PM

I have been in contact with Adriadna, and she is pretty fast with responding to my emails. I was unsure if I wanted to go with Blue Lens Caribe photography and asked Ariadna for another photographer and she recommended weddingparadiseco.com. Still not sure which one to go with.

#284 hoyt75

hoyt75
        • 371 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:19 PM

Hi Ladies,

We're getting married at the Valentin on April 4th and I was wondering how far along in your planning you were. So far I have a dress and a future husband, and that's it! Guadalupe Arrayo (not sure if that's Ariadna or the other wc) has sent me some pics of boquets and wedding set up's but that's it. I've also looked at photographers and I'm trying to book Sascha Gluck depending upon the resorts rules about outside photographers. How far along are you in your planning?

#285 cait713

cait713
          • 94 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:15 PM

I'm about as far along as you are, hoyt. I've got the guy, I've got the dress, done the Save the Dates, I've hired the photographer (I'm using Sascha Gluck, too!) I've picked out my bridesmaid dresses, but haven't ordered them yet.

I almost feel at a loss with not much to think about and plan for. The next thing I'll probably start thinking about is invitations.

If you do hire Sascha for your wedding at the Valentin, I would LOVE to see your pictures!!

#286 hoyt75

hoyt75
            • 371 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:53 PM

Oh cait, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. My family was starting to make me feel like a slacker! We're not having a large wedding though, only close family and a few friends, maybe 20 people max.

We sent invites out last week, but we definitly made sure to have all the arrangements take care of for us and picked out a good travel agent. Our guests will coming from all over the country, so we wanted to make sure that everyone was well taken care of.

I'm super excited about using Sascha! His photo's are excellent and he's reasonably prices. I will definitly post pics!

I'm curious if you did a site visit before choosing the VIM? We decided on the VIM over Thanksgiving, so everything has been moving very quickly.

#287 cait713

cait713
              • 94 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

Hoyt-your wedding sounds very similar to what mine will be. We won't have many more than 20 people either.

Don't worry, you're not a slacker! I work with a girl who is getting married locally a week before me, and she is going insane with all of her plans. I just feel like there isn't much to do at this point-which is a very good thing I think!

My fiance and I got engaged at the Valentin back in June, and when we decided on a destination wedding, we knew that we had to have it there-it was just so amazing. Did you do a site visit? If you didn't-don't worry, you will absolutely love it!

#288 cait713

cait713
                • 94 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 05:59 PM

Hoyt-your wedding sounds very similar to what mine will be. We won't have many more than 20 people either.

Don't worry, you're not a slacker! I work with a girl who is getting married locally a week before me, and she is going insane with all of her plans. I just feel like there isn't much to do at this point-which is a very good thing I think!

My fiance and I got engaged at the Valentin back in June, and when we decided on a destination wedding, we knew that we had to have it there-it was just so amazing. Did you do a site visit? If you didn't-don't worry, you will absolutely love it!

#289 hoyt75

hoyt75
                  • 371 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 01:48 PM

Cait - No we didn't do a site visit prior to our decision on the VIM. We knew that we wanted an adult only, all inclusive resort, and reasonably priced. Honestly, when I called to see what dates they had available, it just happen to work out that they had a day available in April, and due to our work, we that's about when we wanted to get married.

Do you plan on getting married on the beach or the chapel? We're having a symbolic ceramony, but I still can't decide on where to have it.

#290 ahollo02

ahollo02
                    • 296 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:44 PM

Hey everyone! I am planning on getting married at VIM but not untill May 2011 Seems soooo far away! Does anyone know when is the soonest you can reserve your date??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users