• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

I have to be honest. I'm a notary in NY and I've never heard of notarizing a BC. I don't know if that makes me a bad notary or that we just don't do them in NY! (I'm hoping it's the latter.) I agree about getting the certified copy. Maybe the two terms are being used somewhat interchangebly. Now I have to go find my study books tonight and look this up!

#12 misohapi

misohapi
    • 92 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:07 PM

I just ordered a notarized copy of my bc online from hawaii. it's probably a good thing to have handy anyway. I have to get one ordered for FI too. Not too sure how long it's going to take since i'm running out of time, but we've decided that we could just get legally married here first. Too bad I can't get my $200 back from Couples though... Oh well.
      Vickie and Ricky
      Sept. 23, 2008
      Couples Negril

#13 christenew

christenew
      • 325 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

how much did this cost you to have done?

#14 misohapi

misohapi
        • 92 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

I believe it came out to $15. That was for 2 including shipping. Not bad, at least I don't have to fly back to Hawaii! LOL!
          Vickie and Ricky
          Sept. 23, 2008
          Couples Negril

#15 Birdie07

Birdie07
          • 1,218 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 08:46 PM

I think certified and notarized might get confused. I order a CERTIFIED copy from my state of birth to get my passport but I took my original to the bank to get NOTARIZED to send to my resort. It is a little confusing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users