Photo

In the process of booking Rose Hall Resort...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 bashigyal

bashigyal
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:57 PM

Curious....what factors made you go with the Grand Palladium instead? I am also looking at the Rose Hall Resort and am wondering about comparable places.

#12 ginalynn

ginalynn
    • 219 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:22 PM

Congratulations on setting a location, I am still waiting to hear back from ROR about the date I requested.

#13 caroline

caroline
      • 697 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:34 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by bashigyal
        Curious....what factors made you go with the Grand Palladium instead? I am also looking at the Rose Hall Resort and am wondering about comparable places.

bashigyal, as stated in post #10, they were jacking me around... and let's face it, there basic packages are really expensive! In looking at what I really wanted, that package was $7K!!! And dining together on the night of our wedding is a biggie for me... and there'd have been a per-head charge for the meal, if the group was larger than 10!

We're taking the risk! Brand new resort... bigger and with more choices for restaurants, entertainment, etc. A birdie told me it's a much nicer location (to mean scenery) and when you correspond with them, you actually get a response!

#14 JABride

JABride
        • 145 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:30 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by caroline
          ... for December 15th at 5pm!!! Just waiting to remit the deposit!

I eventually decided against getting married on my b/day and so FI and I pushed it back a week... and I'm pleased with the decision. He's not getting off that lightly! LOL

And now for the fun to begin...
          CONGRATS !!! I got married at the RHR a few months ago ... and my birthday is Dec 13 ... any questions, don't hesitate to ask ... I was out of pocket for a while ... enjoying married life ... but will check this site once in a while to see how I can help ....

#15 JABride

JABride
          • 145 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:33 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ebdaniel113
            Congratulations!!! I am also looking at Rose Hall Resort! What was the determining factor between RHR and other resorts? Have you visited the site? It looks wonderful and I have read MANY reviews. Is it still under renovation? Congrats again and any information you can pass on is very much appreciated!!
            I was married there back in April and it is BEAUTIFUL !!!!! renovations were done when I was there ... you can see the pictures on my wedding website (PHOTOS page) -- Our Wedding Website .... don't hesitate to ask any questions ....

#16 JABride

JABride
            • 145 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by caroline
              divadivine... sorry, no longer going with RH. Communication was seriously lacking and then they ended up changing the prices on me!

Now going w/GPLH.

I believe that RH do allow outside photography (though you'd want to double check it) and I understood the wedding deposit to be $1,000 (but they changed that on me too) Their wedding packages are pretty expensive.

Good luck! If I can help with anything else, let me know!
              Sorry for the first post .. did not realize that you changed resorts ... still CONGRATS!!! and I am glad you were able to set things up. Communication was also an issue for me with them as well as prices -- and I had to switch wedding planners 3 times since each time I got a new one, she would quit the resort (the last one quit a few weeks before my wedding day) --- talk about stressful months ... but in the end, the wedding was AMAZING ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users