Photo

Airfare prices lowering booked guest count!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
  • 672 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:31 PM

We are having the same issue. Typically LAX to SJD is $300 (most is #350). I booked Xmas site visit today it was 800 so I went San Diego for $630. OUCH. So far, April is looking at about $530....people are already commenting on it and they are going to wait but I am afraid they will just go up.

#12 Cabo OR Bust

Cabo OR Bust
    • 89 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

My whole family is from LA and they were waiting as well. I was looking non-stop everyday and the prices were at 500-700 with multiple stops. I checked American Airlines who flies direct from LAX to Cabo, but there's a trick to booking (I found out the hard way).

1) BOOK ON A WEDNESDAY. That's when all major airlines have cheaper rates for the week.

2) When you go on the site, Airline Tickets and Airline Reservations from American Airlines | AA.com, instead of going directly to "book a flight", on the left hand side there are tabs. Click on the one that says "Net SAAvers & Special offers", then click on "fare sales". Put in the city to and from, then it will bring up their sale rate. Then I added my 10% group discount** and bought my parents' tickets from LAX to Cabo for $352 for a straight flight!!! OMG I was SO relieved I even bought my sister one just to make sure they booked!! This was just last week. Today, it went down to $339. I called to see if they would do a rate adjustment, but they said they'd charge a $150 change fee (uh, no thanks!). Hope that helps anyone who is still needing to book from LAX.

**When you have a group coming from one area, call the airline group rate and they will set you up with a 10% discount.

#13 godaloveme

godaloveme
      • 282 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:58 PM

American Airlines Has some really good deals on right now i just booked for me and the fi for oct 28 seattle to pv $602.oo return for the both of us after taxes !!! I have to drive an exta 3 hour to get to seattle (usally fly out of vancouver) but well worth it for the money we saved !!!

#14 evtalbot

evtalbot
        • 173 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:13 AM

Wow that sounds like a great deal with American Airlines! I was doing a ton of research online and I was really mad that American Airlines was charging almost $275 extra in taxes and fees for a $500 flight to Puerto Vallarta. It was WAY more than other airlines!!!!!!! You have to watch out for those hidden fees.

#15 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
          • 2,777 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:36 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Cabo OR Bust
            My whole family is from LA and they were waiting as well. I was looking non-stop everyday and the prices were at 500-700 with multiple stops. I checked American Airlines who flies direct from LAX to Cabo, but there's a trick to booking (I found out the hard way).

1) BOOK ON A WEDNESDAY. That's when all major airlines have cheaper rates for the week.

2) When you go on the site, Airline Tickets and Airline Reservations from American Airlines | AA.com, instead of going directly to "book a flight", on the left hand side there are tabs. Click on the one that says "Net SAAvers & Special offers", then click on "fare sales". Put in the city to and from, then it will bring up their sale rate. Then I added my 10% group discount** and bought my parents' tickets from LAX to Cabo for $352 for a straight flight!!! OMG I was SO relieved I even bought my sister one just to make sure they booked!! This was just last week. Today, it went down to $339. I called to see if they would do a rate adjustment, but they said they'd charge a $150 change fee (uh, no thanks!). Hope that helps anyone who is still needing to book from LAX.

**When you have a group coming from one area, call the airline group rate and they will set you up with a 10% discount.
            Thanks so much!!! This is great. The closet airport around here that has AA is in SLC (6.5 hours away). I have a lot of friends who still work for the airlines and was able to get buddy passes to slc for $60 and then booked AA to Cancun for $347!

#16 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
            • 672 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 10:10 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Cabo OR Bust

This is FANTASTIC! Unfortunately it only has them until 12/10 but for those of you that have not bought yet, i found it this morning LAX to SJD before 12/10 for $262....wow, cheapest I have seen in 2 mos!

#17 Cabo OR Bust

Cabo OR Bust
              • 89 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 12:36 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jacilynda
                Thanks so much!!! This is great. The closet airport around here that has AA is in SLC (6.5 hours away). I have a lot of friends who still work for the airlines and was able to get buddy passes to slc for $60 and then booked AA to Cancun for $347!
                Yay! I'm so glad you got it for a decent price!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users