Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#4071 barbiegirl_27

barbiegirl_27
  • Member
  • 946 posts

    Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:43 PM

    from what I've seen on the Dreams website, the baby sea turtle release is done from the pacific side, Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta.

    As for cupcakes, I just wrote on here a couple days ago.....they don't do them. I've read about a cafe called Turtle Bay Cafe which will deliver and does do cupcakes. I'm currently trying to find out how much that would be!



    #4072 vlynnw

    vlynnw
    • Sr. Member
    • 6,003 posts

      Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

      Hey girls, I was wondering if anyone had the new 2011 wedding guide.  I just wanted to check it out and see what the differences are from what I'm using when I booked and thought I'd check here before emailing Aurora, knowing my luck she'll try to raise the price on me. 


      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

      #4073 curtney17

      curtney17
      • Newbie
      • 70 posts

        Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:02 AM



        Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27 

        from what I've seen on the Dreams website, the baby sea turtle release is done from the pacific side, Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta.

        As for cupcakes, I just wrote on here a couple days ago.....they don't do them. I've read about a cafe called Turtle Bay Cafe which will deliver and does do cupcakes. I'm currently trying to find out how much that would be!


        thanks so much! you've done great research! sorry i missed your msg about the cupcake, let me know when you find out their prices. would that be another "outside" vendor fee?! ive already hired a photographer.



        #4074 cookiemunchkin

        cookiemunchkin
        • Jr. Member
        • 376 posts

          Posted 19 August 2010 - 06:57 AM

          If you manage to get your hands on it, do you mind passing it to me as well?  In every email, Landy has been sure to mention that the rates are for 2010 and may go up in 2011 which leaves me thinking that they WILL go up.  Small differences I can live with, but it would be nice to not have to wonder!  I'll let you know if I come across the info as well :)

           

          Originally Posted by vlynnw 

          Hey girls, I was wondering if anyone had the new 2011 wedding guide.  I just wanted to check it out and see what the differences are from what I'm using when I booked and thought I'd check here before emailing Aurora, knowing my luck she'll try to raise the price on me. 





          #4075 barbiegirl_27

          barbiegirl_27
          • Member
          • 946 posts

            Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:31 AM

            I'm glad to know I'm not the only one wanting cupcakes....I was so disappointed when they said they couldn't do them, b/c I'm pretty sure I read on one of the other dreams resorts threads that someone had cupcakes, and it was done by the resort! I'll keep you posted when I hear back from turtle bay....if it's too much we may just stick with the cake, since its part of the package. I couldn't tell you for sure, but since it would be just a delivery of the cupcakes, I wouldn't think it would be another outside vendor fee....but then they really nickel and dime you, so i could be completely off base!


            we've potentially just hired a photographer.....our photographer here in Halifax who is doing our engagement photos, just happens to be heading down to cancun for the month of Feb. So we're keeping our fingers crossed that it all works out! Who did you hire?

             

            Originally Posted by curtney17 




            thanks so much! you've done great research! sorry i missed your msg about the cupcake, let me know when you find out their prices. would that be another "outside" vendor fee?! ive already hired a photographer.





            #4076 barbiegirl_27

            barbiegirl_27
            • Member
            • 946 posts

              Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

              I know this has surely been covered but I'm not ambitious enough to start searching through the thread.....before I get to ahead of myself I want to make sure that you are allowed to bring an outside photographer to Dreams.....and what is the outside vendor fee??? Please and thank you :)



              #4077 DanniS

              DanniS
              • Newbie
              • 145 posts

                Posted 19 August 2010 - 04:57 PM

                What is everyone doing for flowers?  Using the flowers from the resort or ordering elsewhere?  Trying to decide if we should use the flowers from the resort since they are offered in the packages or order somewhere else or do real touch flowers???? Decisions decisions!!



                #4078 curtney17

                curtney17
                • Newbie
                • 70 posts

                  Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:23 AM

                  sounds great! i look foward to hearing if they will do cupcakes or not. maybe if they get enough requests they will give in! for the photography we hired del sol photography, when i first saw their photos i couldn't stop stalking them!! lol. have you ever checked them out?? their work is AMAZING!!
                   

                  Originally Posted by barbiegirl_27 

                  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one wanting cupcakes....I was so disappointed when they said they couldn't do them, b/c I'm pretty sure I read on one of the other dreams resorts threads that someone had cupcakes, and it was done by the resort! I'll keep you posted when I hear back from turtle bay....if it's too much we may just stick with the cake, since its part of the package. I couldn't tell you for sure, but since it would be just a delivery of the cupcakes, I wouldn't think it would be another outside vendor fee....but then they really nickel and dime you, so i could be completely off base!


                  we've potentially just hired a photographer.....our photographer here in Halifax who is doing our engagement photos, just happens to be heading down to cancun for the month of Feb. So we're keeping our fingers crossed that it all works out! Who did you hire?

                   


                   




                  #4079 curtney17

                  curtney17
                  • Newbie
                  • 70 posts

                    Posted 20 August 2010 - 03:24 AM


                    i am actually going to us real touch flowers, only because i want to get more than one use out of them and i will be bringing them back for my AHR decor!

                    Originally Posted by curtney17 

                    sounds great! i look foward to hearing if they will do cupcakes or not. maybe if they get enough requests they will give in! for the photography we hired del sol photography, when i first saw their photos i couldn't stop stalking them!! lol. have you ever checked them out?? their work is AMAZING!!
                     


                     




                    #4080 vlynnw

                    vlynnw
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 6,003 posts

                      Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:22 AM


                      I ordered real touch flowers from Angels Accents.  I got all my bouquets, bouts, and extra flowers for decor from her.  I will still use the flower arrangements that come with my package and will use the bouquet the resort provides as my toss bouquet. 

                       

                      Originally Posted by DanniS 

                      What is everyone doing for flowers?  Using the flowers from the resort or ordering elsewhere?  Trying to decide if we should use the flowers from the resort since they are offered in the packages or order somewhere else or do real touch flowers???? Decisions decisions!!




                      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum




                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users