Jump to content

Photo

The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)


  • Please log in to reply
5541 replies to this topic

#2391 starlitk

starlitk
  • Newbie
  • 76 posts

    Posted 06 July 2009 - 01:03 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jerzygirl85
    Oh wow!! Sorry starlit and mixie. This news defintely has me on edge. Last time I emailed with Natalia, she mentioned there was another ceremony an hour before mine. the wedding guide mentions that only 2 weddings would be held per day. Hopefully the resort will stick to what the guide says in the future. Too many things can go wrong and mistakes on someone's wedding day are completely frustating.
    Thanks everyone! You guys are so supportive!
    I was reluctant to mention this, but I feel like I should because it is the reason I believe they will never go back to limiting days to two weddings: When I met with Landy and told her that this resort was not big enough for three weddings a day, she said "they" wanted them to hold 4 weddings per day. I'm assuming "they" is AMResorts or at least DT upper management. To be clear, she did not say they were going to start actually doing that, but her even mentioning that seemed to mean that there was pressure around the idea. My only response to her on that was that it was crazy.

    #2392 amyc

    amyc
    • Newbie
    • 38 posts

      Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

      Starlitk, I just checked out your planning thread...LOVE your welcome bags and the setup! Everything looked beautiful!

      For my flowers I want a similar look...all white mixed flower bouquets with green accents. I emailed Aurora to find out if they can do green cymbidium orchids but of course I haven't heard back...grrrr! I sent her pictures of bouquets I like but am nervous that I'm not going to like the flowers. Did you send her pics before? Did they turn out similar to your pics? They look really pretty in the pics!

      #2393 amyc

      amyc
      • Newbie
      • 38 posts

        Posted 06 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

        Yay...I FINALLY heard back from Aurora. She only answered three of the ten questions I asked her but it's a start!

        She setup an appointment with Natalia the day after we arrive. She says that there is a $750 private event fee for Seaside Grill and your group has to be 50 people. I thought that the $750 fee didn't apply if you purchase the Ultimate Package? And I've never heard the 50 person rule before. She said that I can discuss the request with Natalia when I get there so we'll see.

        AND she said that my wedding is the only one booked that day which is very good news! :)

        #2394 starlitk

        starlitk
        • Newbie
        • 76 posts

          Posted 06 July 2009 - 06:48 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by amyc
          Starlitk, I just checked out your planning thread...LOVE your welcome bags and the setup! Everything looked beautiful!

          For my flowers I want a similar look...all white mixed flower bouquets with green accents. I emailed Aurora to find out if they can do green cymbidium orchids but of course I haven't heard back...grrrr! I sent her pictures of bouquets I like but am nervous that I'm not going to like the flowers. Did you send her pics before? Did they turn out similar to your pics? They look really pretty in the pics!
          I'm so glad to hear that your wedding is the only one scheduled for your day. I think that should totally ease your mind of worries regarding the things I encountered!

          Thanks - I'm glad you liked our planning thread! I found those to be so helpful. I had emailed our wedding coordinator the pics of my preferred bouquet (below) in my wedding form, but they really didn't do anything with this info. When I showed Anabel the copies that I had brought during our meeting, she seemed to be looking at the for the first time and hadn't contacted the florist by that time or anything.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          She told me that the flowers in my bouquet pic were very expensive, so I just told her that they could use whatever flowers were local and in season, but to try and mimic the bouquet pic as much as possible (particularly the colors). I really liked it in the end, but wish it had been a tad bigger. We didn't have to pay any extra beyond the package for it, though, so that was good. I know there were some type of small orchids in it - the small ones that you can see on my husband's boutinneire and in my hair. She never called them by their actual name - just "small orchid" - so I'm not sure exactly what they are. Here are some better pics of the flowers in my hair, and in the bouquet.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          Click the image to open in full size.

          As for the private event fee - I think you're right, but I can't speak from experience because we didn't face any of that.

          #2395 SunBride

          SunBride
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,499 posts

            Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

            I've heard other brides say orchids are very expensive (at Dreams Tulum and other resorts in the Mayan Riviera)

            You do have to pay the private event fee for the seaside grill, no matter what package you use. Only the beach and poolside don't require the private event fee (and of course if you have an event at a restaurant that is non-private). It's always been that way. A few brides have gotten away with getting a private event without paying that fee, but I think it's just a matter of luck or a mistake on the part of the coordinators.

            #2396 ida

            ida
            • Newbie
            • 62 posts

              Posted 06 July 2009 - 08:12 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by wahmsuzanne
              Hi SunBride (and all you wonderful women) ... We are home (flight delayed - which was a great thing but I'm so tired LOL).

              I have awesome news to report! We had absolutely amazing weather for our ceremony and our dinner. All that "crying for nothing" LOL

              We were married on the beach near Seaside Grill and had our dinner at the Dolphin Pool and I just couldn't be happier.

              Landy was just amazing to me (as was everyone there!) and she just made all of my dreams come true.

              I want to thank everyone on this forum ... I honestly couldn't (or wouldn't) have done this without all of you.

              I will start writing my review this weekend and get some photos put up too.

              If anyone has any questions please let me know and I'll be happy to answer for you. *huGs* Suzanne
              050.JPG[/IMG]
              Suzanne, I'm so happy for you that you got amazing weather for your wedding day!!! Your dream wedding came true! :)

              For other brides that had negative experiences because of the wedding factory...so sorry to hear that. I actually didn't notice any other weddings on my wedding day because my wedding was the last one. It was at 6pm. 6pm was recommended by my photographer because its the best time for pictures. For future brides...look into booking your wedding last. I didn't notice other weddings because I was busy getting ready for my own. You don't want to have it at noon with the bright sun shining in your eyes and you're squinting in every picture. Maybe I was just lucky but I didn't notice any one else around...

              Try not to worry too much because everything always works out in the end... :)

              #2397 SunBride

              SunBride
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,499 posts

                Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:05 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by ida
                Suzanne, I'm so happy for you that you got amazing weather for your wedding day!!! Your dream wedding came true! :)

                For other brides that had negative experiences because of the wedding factory...so sorry to hear that. I actually didn't notice any other weddings on my wedding day because my wedding was the last one. It was at 6pm. 6pm was recommended by my photographer because its the best time for pictures. For future brides...look into booking your wedding last. I didn't notice other weddings because I was busy getting ready for my own. You don't want to have it at noon with the bright sun shining in your eyes and you're squinting in every picture. Maybe I was just lucky but I didn't notice any one else around...

                Try not to worry too much because everything always works out in the end... :)
                I just wanted to clarify that sunset is the preferred time for photos by Del Sol, they are very good photographers and have the right equipment to shoot at sunset. Many other photographer's don't. I know mine (who was a professional I flew with me) insisted we have everything done before sunset (but then also take a few pictures during sunset). Simistar recently posted a really bad review of Micheal Maurus of Cancun Wedding Photography and you will see what can happen with sunset pictures (very dark background).

                So while a later wedding might mean less conflict with other weddings, make sure your photographer knows how to handle that specific lighting.

                #2398 sdtooley

                sdtooley
                • Newbie
                • 109 posts

                  Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:14 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by starlitk
                  I'm so glad to hear that your wedding is the only one scheduled for your day. I think that should totally ease your mind of worries regarding the things I encountered!

                  Thanks - I'm glad you liked our planning thread! I found those to be so helpful. I had emailed our wedding coordinator the pics of my preferred bouquet (below) in my wedding form, but they really didn't do anything with this info. When I showed Anabel the copies that I had brought during our meeting, she seemed to be looking at the for the first time and hadn't contacted the florist by that time or anything.

                  Click the image to open in full size.

                  She told me that the flowers in my bouquet pic were very expensive, so I just told her that they could use whatever flowers were local and in season, but to try and mimic the bouquet pic as much as possible (particularly the colors). I really liked it in the end, but wish it had been a tad bigger. We didn't have to pay any extra beyond the package for it, though, so that was good. I know there were some type of small orchids in it - the small ones that you can see on my husband's boutinneire and in my hair. She never called them by their actual name - just "small orchid" - so I'm not sure exactly what they are. Here are some better pics of the flowers in my hair, and in the bouquet.

                  Click the image to open in full size.

                  Click the image to open in full size.

                  As for the private event fee - I think you're right, but I can't speak from experience because we didn't face any of that.

                  What type of flowers did you ask for for your hair?! I love them!!!

                  #2399 ida

                  ida
                  • Newbie
                  • 62 posts

                    Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:16 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by SunBride
                    I just wanted to clarify that sunset is the preferred time for photos by Del Sol, they are very good photographers and have the right equipment to shoot at sunset. Many other photographer's don't. I know mine (who was a professional I flew with me) insisted we have everything done before sunset (but then also take a few pictures during sunset). Simistar recently posted a really bad review of Micheal Maurus of Cancun Wedding Photography and you will see what can happen with sunset pictures (very dark background).

                    So while a later wedding might mean less conflict with other weddings, make sure your photographer knows how to handle that specific lighting.
                    That's true Sunbride. I did look into what time the sun sets at this time of the year and its around 7:30pm. I picked 6pm when the sun was low but it wasn't dark. All the pictures I have right now were taken from our own digital cameras with no flash and it was still bright. You just have to make sure you know what time the sun sets before you pick your timeframe. I think it sets earlier around the January so I wouldn't recommend 6pm. Thanks for clarifying that Sunbride.

                    #2400 Butterflyf369

                    Butterflyf369
                    • Member
                    • 706 posts

                      Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:31 PM

                      Thanks for the information sunbride. My wedding is at 2:00PM and I booked Moments that Matter. Really happy that they were available as I've heard wonderful things about them.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users