Sign in to follow this  
BarefootBride

After TA stole our money, NO GUEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE View Post
I am so sorry this has happened. What did your bank say?
4-6 BUSINESS DAYS but she kindly told FI the money might be back in his account on Tuesday!!! Please say a quick prayer for us!!!

Also, FI cant get my wedding gift now sad.gif

This is the absolute worst! You're on the right track with the bank. I'm just in shock like you...I'll pray that this is resolved quickly. So sorry...

ok i know youre in japan - but you can still contact the BBB in oregon via email to get them to investigate. make sure you keep every single email both that they sent to you and that you sent to them to prove your correspondence, even the things you sent that they havent answered. if you make phone calls, get copies of your phone records to prove you called them.

i'm pretty sure that stealing $10K has got to be felony larceny or something like that.

i honestly think you should contact oregon law enforcement officials (and i dont mean local law enforcement, i mean federal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura View Post
ok i know youre in japan - but you can still contact the BBB in oregon via email to get them to investigate. make sure you keep every single email both that they sent to you and that you sent to them to prove your correspondence, even the things you sent that they havent answered. if you make phone calls, get copies of your phone records to prove you called them.

i'm pretty sure that stealing $10K has got to be felony larceny or something like that.

i honestly think you should contact oregon law enforcement officials (and i dont mean local law enforcement, i mean federal)
Thanks Maura! Im on it right now! Gonna do some googling!

Maura is right, go federal...I did some digging and the FBI says if you are out of the U.S. to contact the nearest embassy. This should be yours:

Tokyo, Japan

American Embassy: 011-81-3-3224-5000

OMG! I am so sorry that this is happening to you.

I don't have much advice, but I think it's awesome that Maura and StarChild were able to get those contacts for you.

If they are advertising via facebook, you shoudl let someone at facebook know that they took your money and ran...maybe they'll ban them or something so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

I can't believe you are dealing with this. I am so sorry. If there is anything I can google or phone calls i can make let me know.

barefootbride - if you give me info about her facebook account, i will personally contact facebook today on behalf of the forum to see to it that she can't advertise there anymore if she already does.