Paradise Services or Barefoot Weddings

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 10:38 AM

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone has used either of these companies?

Barefoot Weddings
    Barefoot Kauai Weddings

Wedding in Paradise
    Wedding in Paradise

#2 JayBee

JayBee
    • 238 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

I haven't booked w/ either company, yet, but I've looked into both of them. Paradise Services has impressed me with the knowledge and experience, especially when it comes to locations. I've also spoken to Keala at Tropical Dream Wedding, and I like her a lot. (these places all have such silly names, right?) Have you spoken to any of these planners yet? I'm curious to get your opinion.

#3 JayBee

JayBee
      • 238 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

Alright, so I've spoken with 4 different WCs on Kauai, plus a rental agent and 2 vacation rental owners who recommended Wedding coordinators. It's been crazy, and we were about to move our wedding to a resort on Maui. We were looking for a private estate for around 40 guests, and we didn't want a resort wedding. Here are my impressions:
        1. Paradise Services seemed very knowledgeable especially regarding locations.
        2. i do weddings kauai takes forever to get back to you, even when you tell them you're anxious to put down $$ on a location. They'll also only do weddings w/ 50+ people.
        3. Keala Huffman is awesome, but I felt like she'd be better for a more casual event.
        4. Diana Gardner (alohana weddings) is awesome and got back to me really quickly. She knows the site & the owner of the property that I want. And she's really making it happen. I may actually have something in writing by the end of the week. Yay!
        Good luck w/ the planning and finding a wc!
        -jess

#4 kelsachan

kelsachan
        • 8 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 11:42 AM

Hey Ebbica - Glad you're finally making some headway! I have also spoken w/ Diana Gardner at Alohana Weddings and she was really good about getting back to me at the beginning too. But the last time I emailed her, also called and left a message, I haven't heard back I would like to go through her though, since she uses the photographer that I like....

Keep us posted on you're planning progress! :)

#5 JayBee

JayBee
          • 238 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:59 PM

Honestly, once I get the main deposits paid (site, food, wc) I'd love not to think about this wedding for a few months...lol!

#6 ameliamae

ameliamae
            • 48 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 07:32 AM

Thanks for the tips on the wedding planners, guys!
              The future Mrs. Sellars!!

#7 FutureMrsBane

FutureMrsBane
              • 32 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:15 PM

I don't know if you have chosen one yet, but I have gotten lots of good reviews for MAILE WEDDINGS AND PHOTOGRAPHY ON KAUAI and I am thinking of going through her. I haven't contacted her yet, but I have heard from numerous people that she does great work!

Good Luck, let me know!
                Dreams Do Come True
                Brandon and Heather
                May 21st or 28th, 2011

#8 FutureMrsBane

FutureMrsBane
                • 32 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:55 PM

After contacting several wedding planners in Kauai, I DO Weddings has proven to be the best in my opinion. She contacted me back within 24 hours (I sent an e-mail late at night and had a reply by time I checked my e-mail the next morning), she was absolutely genuine, and happy to help with whatever I may need. I will be hiring her without a doubt!! Check her out. I know someone posted that they didn't get a good response from her, but I have to disagree; she does wedding from 2 to 350; she plans more formal events; and makes everything custom unlike most other planning companies! She is worth checking out. Her website is:
                  I Do Weddings is Kauai's Premier Wedding Planner Coordinator

Happy Planning!
                  Dreams Do Come True
                  Brandon and Heather
                  May 21st or 28th, 2011

#9 FutureMrsSharpe

FutureMrsSharpe
                  • 73 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:53 AM

I realize that the original poster for this question has changed her location for Florida, but I thought I would add just in case anyone else had a similar question. We're using Kaye with Maile Weddings. She's been really nice and easy to talk to. Everytime I send her an email she gets back to me within 24 hours. She also allows you to change things in their wedding packages so you aren't paying for things you don't want. So far, so good!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users