Photo

dress maker

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jkesall

jkesall
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:40 PM

I found my dream dress in a bridal magazine and of course it's CRAZY amounts of money...I wanted to find a dress maker in Los Angeles that could make the dress for me using the pictures in the magazine. Does anyone know of such a person?
    Thanks

#2 Kryztan

Kryztan
    • 743 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:23 PM

Ebay there are chinese people who make what you want for cheap....some girls on the forum have had good results

#3 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
      • 672 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 04:05 PM

Did you go to Bride's International? Supposedly it is a huge warehouse with all "knock off" dresses at GREAT prices. A friend of mine bought there. They may also have their seamstress to make one for you if they don't have the one you want.

#4 Christi

Christi
        • 1,905 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jkesall
          I found my dream dress in a bridal magazine and of course it's CRAZY amounts of money...I wanted to find a dress maker in Los Angeles that could make the dress for me using the pictures in the magazine. Does anyone know of such a person?
          Thanks
          I had mine custom made too, but my dress maker is in Norcal...I can ask her if she has any recommendations in the LA area if you’d like?

#5 jkesall

jkesall
          • 7 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:26 PM

That would be great...I really appreciate it...thank you so much.
            j

#6 Christi

Christi
            • 1,905 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:11 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jkesall
              That would be great...I really appreciate it...thank you so much.
              j
              Hey there, I haven't forgotten about this and will let you know as soon as I hear back from my dressmaker...

#7 Christi

Christi
              • 1,905 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 02:42 PM

here it is...finally...my dress maker said she met her a bridal show and was very impressed with her work...good luck!

La Franchi Couture - Custom Wedding Gowns by Debbie La Franchi - Gowns Gallery

#8 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
                • Banned
                • 1,034 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

Can we see ur dream dress?

Because it is all depends on the dress.

Some dresses are easy to replicated, others...not so easily.  Therefore, it is all depend on how detailed are ur dress.

You can see mine on the "show your dress" thread, I designed it with own vision and some inspiration from Enzoani's 2009 and 2010 collection.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users