Sign in to follow this  
anaderoux

Painting parasols?

THere she goes again cheating on us.. Ann your not allowed on that "other" site.. It's a bad word around here.. LOL (just kidding to all the knotties, I'm on there from time to time as well, but shhh don't tell Ann)

i heard that! i read that a long time ago - i was probably out of posts on here to read, and had to find somewhere else to go to entertain myself!

has anyone actually tried painting these yet. I have them in my shopping cart on oriental trading. I was thinking of maybe just painting a "D" for our last name on them, using a calligraphy stencil of course. Or just leaving them white, but I'd like to add a little color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine View Post
Click the image to open in full size.
so cute, I honestly never really liked this idea, but this pic is so cute now its really growing on me...
I have been without a computer for a few days and I come back to find the missing piece to my wedding. Thank you God. I want to do parasol rathere than flowers. I willbe placign the fans on the seats for the guests as gifts.

Thankk you for the websites. As long as I have been looking I just didnt see those.

I was thinking of either painting some of them blush pink and some chocolate (girls and boys and the colors of our wedding) or personalizing them with things like "Mother of the Bride,"Mother of the Groom", etc. I just need a final headcount before I start ordering them.

Ladies the Knot is good for something LOL. I just found this website on there.http://www.pearlriver.com/v2/FramesCat.asp?iGroup=182 I hope this helps those who want color and scared to paint.

Someone mentioned size earlier... don't know how I missed this but I just measured the ones that I purchased from Hobby Lobby

Closed from top to handle: 22in

Opened the diameter is approx.: 32in

F.Y.I. Hobby Lobby has then again this year and they are $2.50each. Colors orange, green, yellow, purple, and hot pink