Photo

Help me pick my travel mugs!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:12 PM

If you were a guest at our wedding, which mug would you most like to receive??

Option 1 (dm299):
    Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Option 2 (DM-99):

Option 3 (ST58 ):

I like the colour in option 3 but I REALLY like how option 1 and 2 have a stainless steel interior. Option 3 has a plastic interior and I've found with the travel mugs I have, that plastic absorbes the smell/taste of whatever's been in the mug. Plus, sorry I don't remember who, but someone said that their guests liked the handles on their mugs.

Help! I can't make any more decisions...lol.

#2 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:13 PM

I would go with whatever is cheapest. All three are nice.

#3 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
      • Banned
      • 1,051 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

They are all nice! There isn't one I don't like... :)

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:15 PM

I chose the one with the handle because i've heard a few girls say that the logo rubs off, something to do with sunblock on people's hands.

But if it's way more, than go with the cheapest.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
          • 235 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

Wow you girls are fast! I just posted this..lol.

I thought the problem with logo's rubbing off was only if the logo was printed on plastic. That if the logo was on stainless steel, it wouldn't rub off?

The difference is about $80 , the cheapest ones will cost us around $140 and the expensive ones $220. Since it's still not much (I thought I would be spending closer to $400), I'm not too worried about price.

#6 Dez921714

Dez921714
            • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:22 PM

I like the one with the handle...but I like handles, FI doesn't LOL

I agree with the plastic interior...so I'd go with #1 or 2...more like 2 if there wasn't a huge difference in price...but #1 if space is an issue with packing....they might stack together better.

Sorry...I don't seem to be much help, huh?
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#7 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
              • 4,881 posts
              • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
              • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
              • LocationNew York

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:49 PM

Just a thought - we were seriously considering #2, except FI was concerned that the stainless outside might get hot to the touch.

I dunno, it didn't seem like a big deal to me but he affirmatively wanted a plastic outside.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#8 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
              • 235 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 01:56 PM

We're *hoping* space won't be an issue. As of right now, we can each take 2 bags so a total of 4. We're also 'using' one of the 4 bags from my parents and his.

Becks, I've had a few stainless steel mugs before and the outside getting hot hasn't been an issue for me. Maybe it depends on how well they're insulated? We also have a stainless steel coffee pot and it doesn't get hot at all on the outside - but the inside stays hot for hours! Plus, I'm thinking most people won't use the mugs after Mexico...so it just needs to keep stuff cold. And if the outside gets cold, I'm sure no one will mind! :)

#9 Dez921714

Dez921714
                • 1,489 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

I think she meant the outside getting hot from it sitting in the sun...not because of what's in it, just reflecting the sun and absorbing the heat.

It's a good point. Before i order any, I am going to put one of my mom's travel mugs in the yard and see how hot it gets...if it's too hot to hold, then absolutely handles!!! (or plastic)
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#10 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
                  • 235 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

oh...that makes more sense. And here I'm thinking, what the heck are you doing in Mexico drinking a boiling hot drink...lol. It must be Friday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users