Photo

Freaking out about my BM's dresses!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 KirstenRN6

KirstenRN6
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:06 PM

I say go for the brown dress! It's really cute, and I think it would look good on all the girls.

#22 Stina168

Stina168
    • 170 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:35 PM

The brown dress is gorgeous! You should go with that!

#23 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:43 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by teacherbride
      Thanks so much for the photos! It's great to see the dresses on actual people. They all look beautiful. Are the other dresses in the photo from Davids Bridal as well??

This is all confirming what I thought, I should change the dresses. My FI is going to be excited about all the new brown options
      I like the brown one-however the girl in the pic is super skinny-I wonder how it woud look on someone a bit heavier-NOT that your sister is heavy...just saying if theres someone else who would be self conscious!! Brown is great for winter!
      see pics above that i posted for how the DB dress looks on a "normal" sized heavier girl

#24 SheaS

SheaS
      • 380 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:02 PM

I love the brown dress!

#25 teacherbride

teacherbride
        • 354 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:33 PM

Okay, so I went to DB this weekend and tried on "the brown dress" again. I found it to be really fussy. The little cap sleeves didn't fit comfortably and it was really low in the chest. Also, proportionally I don't think it will fit my sister well. I did find another dress, available in chocolate brown. I think it's a good compromise between what the girls liked and what I like. In the photo the dress has a "balloon" bottom. I don't think it's super flattering but I think we could have it altered to have a regular hem.

The Mocha colour will work with all the other things we have decided on and I think the cut will flatter all the girls. What's your opinion on this one

* please excuse the unsightly tan lines. I'm heading to the lake for the week and plan to take care of those.

Click the image to open in full size.
          Click the image to open in full size.

#26 roo66

roo66
          • 1,001 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 02:07 PM

Hi i like the new dress from davids bridal.Have you thought about the victoria secret multi wear dress im sure your sister could fashion something she liked.

#27 teacherbride

teacherbride
            • 354 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:27 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by roo66
              Hi i like the new dress from davids bridal.Have you thought about the victoria secret multi wear dress im sure your sister could fashion something she liked.

I have looked at that dress but jersey material and my family genes do not get along. Clingy = bad news.

They are super cute though and look beautiful in the photos I've seen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users