Photo

Table set up at Mammee Bay

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Ericka7885

Ericka7885
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

I have a question for those who did the dinner at Mammee Bay. I am thinking of doing a long runner across the table and then decorating with candles, sand, shells, and starfish instead of centerpieces since it all one table. I have 26 people total, is there anyway to find out the dimensions of the table so that the runner fits well?? Also, do they provide you with white table cloths or do I need to bring one? For those who have been there, do you think this will be too much and make the table too cluttered?? If anyone has pics of the table and how they decorated, they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 jmhein

jmhein
    • 665 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

This isn't the greatest picture, but it will sort of give you an idea of the table setup, we had 42 people:
      Click the image to open in full size.

I would email Chandlyn for the table dimensions, she should be able to help you out. There definitely isnt a lot of room for centerpieces, so I think your idea would look very nice. The white tablecloths are provided by the resort.
      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#3 Ericka7885

Ericka7885
      • 63 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 03:27 PM

Thanks so much!! The picture helps and it does look like it would be a little crowded. I hope we don't have too much!!

#4 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
        • 382 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:26 PM

Yes they do give you tablecoths... I would upload a pic, but it pretty much look sthe same as jmhein. Unless you want me to...I had about 24 people all together approx...

#5 Heidi

Heidi
          • 2,642 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

IMHO, that table was FULL!!! No space for any type of centerpiece. We had 27 people. I'm glad I scrapped the centerpiece idea; just would've been in the way.

Here's a not-so-great picture!

Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#6 Bride010101

Bride010101
            • 1,547 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:24 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Heidi
              IMHO, that table was FULL!!! No space for any type of centerpiece. We had 27 people. I'm glad I scrapped the centerpiece idea; just would've been in the way.

Here's a not-so-great picture!

So glad to hear!!! I really am trying to figure out where i can cut things out ... to save not only the budget, but the packing process.

I keep looking at the pictures... and with everything going on... I'm begining to think the guests won't notice whether I have anything or not. hmm... now I just need to decide on assigned seating or a free for all.

#7 Heidi

Heidi
              • 2,642 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:30 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by BeckyN
                So glad to hear!!! I really am trying to figure out where i can cut things out ... to save not only the budget, but the packing process.

I keep looking at the pictures... and with everything going on... I'm begining to think the guests won't notice whether I have anything or not. hmm... now I just need to decide on assigned seating or a free for all.
                FREE FOR ALL! No need to add that stress on your plate either!!
                Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#8 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
                • 382 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:50 AM

Yeah we didn't have centerpieces. They put down flower petals, which I did not know about or expect, but it looked gorgeous...and I added a couple of candles. We put our sand seremony Vase on the table along with my bouquet and that was more than enough to go on that table.

#9 starryeyedbride2b

starryeyedbride2b
                  • 111 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 07:05 PM

ButlerGirl,

They put down flower petals on the dinner table? Asking because I bought some today to go with my candles...wondering if I can take those back!!! Need to save $$$

#10 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
                    • 382 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:21 PM

Yeah you could... They did it for free...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users