Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:36 AM

Welcome!!!
    http://www.theweddin...icker/28996.png

Crystal & DavidMay 3, 2010

#12 Kelly C

Kelly C
    • 2,051 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

I agree. A TA would deffintly help you out. You may not think 35 people is alot now. But once you start booking and getting everything together it really starts adding up. And 35 phone calls you are going to receive about questions.
      Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#13 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
      • 5,705 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:00 AM

Welcome to the forum!!

#14 Autumn

Autumn
        • 1,166 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:16 AM

welcome to the forum, Kim - and congrats!

#15 bovkim

bovkim
          • 44 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:37 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jennyatk
            Welcome! I am also new to the site. You must have been reading my mind! Those were exactly the same questions I have. I am going to see a TA tomorrow. I am wanting to keep my price around 1300 I hope thats possible with the inflation of airfare? I will let you know how it goes tomorrow with the TA. My guests will be flying out of Ohio mostly. One guest from AZ.
            Yes, please let me know what your TA says! Our situations are so similar - most of my guests will be coming from Michigan, that is where I am originally from.

#16 bovkim

bovkim
            • 44 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:38 AM

Thanks everyone for your welcoming words! I just know this site is going to be so helpful!

#17 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 4,853 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:39 AM

Welcome to the forum!!
                Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#18 jennyatk

jennyatk
                • 53 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:55 PM

Well my TA today was a total bust! I think I knew more about getting married in cancun then she did. I left there on pretty much exhausted and almost back to square one. She didn't want anything to do with the wedding other then booking the packages! Which for moon palace deluxe was a little over 2000 dollars per person for 7 nights and we priced some for 4 nights as well. I am kinda hoping I can find a better deal and a TA that would be a bit more involved!! So tonight I am on a search for local travel agents and crunching some numbers. Does anyone know if it is cheaper to block out some rooms with the resort and then book a charter with the TA? I got my FI and briadsmaids working on finding us a great deal!! lol any suggestions would be great!

#19 endlesslove

endlesslove
                  • 362 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:57 PM

Welcome to the forum. You asked the same question I've been wondering. We're more than likely going with a TA just so we won't have to worry about the stress of travel arrangements and problems.

#20 bovkim

bovkim
                    • 44 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:44 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jennyatk
                      Well my TA today was a total bust! I think I knew more about getting married in cancun then she did. I left there on pretty much exhausted and almost back to square one. She didn't want anything to do with the wedding other then booking the packages! Which for moon palace deluxe was a little over 2000 dollars per person for 7 nights and we priced some for 4 nights as well. I am kinda hoping I can find a better deal and a TA that would be a bit more involved!! So tonight I am on a search for local travel agents and crunching some numbers. Does anyone know if it is cheaper to block out some rooms with the resort and then book a charter with the TA? I got my FI and briadsmaids working on finding us a great deal!! lol any suggestions would be great!
                      Thank you for the update! Sorry it didn't go well but maybe it's not that easy to find someone great We just have to keep up the search. Good luck to you and keep letting us know your progress! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users