• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:39 PM

My mom has asked me to find her a good song to dance to with my brother. She wants it to be slow (easy for her to dance to).

She suggested george straight. I scaned his song list, but don't know if any of these are appropriate for a mother/ son dance. I only know his stuff from the 80s- early 90s. George Strait discography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So please help me find a country song that isn't about heartbreak (if one exists). Also, something kind of old school country. Like 80s george straight, kenny rogers, ronnie milsap...a steal guitar would be a bonus. And nothing that's really romantic like it should be a couple's dance.

TIA!

#2 LindsayG

LindsayG
    • 95 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:29 AM

Well it's not older country, but we are doing our child/parent dance to "I Hope You Dance" by Leanne Womack. Both our moms love the song and since we are combining the groom/mother and bride/mother dance, we needed a song that wasn't specifically about sons or daughters.

Good luck!
      Lindsay & Billy
      July 11, 2008
      Paradisus Punta Cana

#3 Martha

Martha
      • VIP Member
      • 3,906 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:32 AM

My ex husband and his mom danced to "Through the Years" by Kenny Rogers.

Jay can't decide on a song yet...and we leave in 2 weeks!

#4 Dez921714

Dez921714
        • 1,489 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:34 AM

FI's mom picked "My Wish" by Rascel Flatts
          http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#5 MoonPalacePookie

MoonPalacePookie
          • 279 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:38 PM

My stepdad and I are dancing to "Then They Do" by Trace Adkins. I love Trace and this song is so cute, it makes me cry and its slow and easy to dance to.
            Robert & Eugenia

July 23, 2008

#6 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

You're gonna be- Reba
              http://www.youtube.c....eature=related

#7 ashrose

ashrose
              • 422 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:59 PM

Both "my wish" and "I hope you dance" are great choices, have an easy beat and if you want to take dance lessons could be danced either with a slightly modified Rumba or a Night Club Two Step.

There's a really pretty instrumental called "First and Last Waltz" by Nickel creek.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users