Photo

Did guests bring gift to your Destination Wedding?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:48 AM

I hope no one brings anything!!! I hope they only bring their dancing shoes.

I would think it would be just as difficult for them to bring it as it would be for us to carry it back
    http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
    February 14, 2009

#12 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:57 PM

we've asked our parents to spread the word to people to not cart gifts to mexico with them, to please send them to our house before or after, or cards only on the day of.

my best friend got married in june 2006 and they live in AZ but got married in OH, and got tons of HUGE gifts - they had to buy extra luggage and check so much stuff just to get it home and it cost them a small unplanned fortune!

another friend of mine who got married in Feb 07 also had the same situation where they lived far away from where they got married, and 3 of the groom's frat bros went in on a gift and bought the newlyweds a HUGE gas grill --- they had no way to get it back in their little sedan, i believe eventually the bride's parents drove 8 hours to visit and brought it to them months later LOL

#13 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
    • 985 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:18 PM

No one bought along any big gifts for my daughter and her husband, but she got quite a few cards at the reception which she asked me to put in my bag. The next morning I realised that there was probably money in some of them so I put the whole lot in the safe in my room. I was right in one card alone there was $500 in cash!

#14 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,532 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:26 PM

Hmmm...I was hoping nobody was going to feel like they had to give gifts (after all, they're spending enough money on the trip itself). Has ANYONE had an experience where no gifts/money was given? Or does it always happen?

#15 BlissfulMsMiranda

BlissfulMsMiranda
        • 512 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:34 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by T.O.Heather
          Hmmm...I was hoping nobody was going to feel like they had to give gifts (after all, they're spending enough money on the trip itself). Has ANYONE had an experience where no gifts/money was given? Or does it always happen?
          I was thinking the same ... I was assuming that everyone who decides to come with us to Cuba won't be giving a gift of any kind of gift because of the cost of the "wedding" itself (ticket etc.) ... I like that "presence is present enough" phrase and may just include it in the invite so people know we don't expect anything other than them joining us!!

#16 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:24 PM

i think people pretty much always still give gifts even if you tell them not to!

#17 Martha

Martha
          • VIP Member
          • 3,906 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:34 PM

We didn't even register for gifts. We don't need anything because we have been living together for almost 4 years, so we have everything we need.

But, we still have people asking...we just told them that them going down there with us is all we need.

However, you really can't stop people from bringing gifts...if they do, you may have an extra suitcase with you anyhow after you hand out OOT bag stuff, wedding decoration and whatever else you take down there that you will not want to bring back.

Maybe you'll get lucky and just get money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users