Jump to content

Photo

aventura spa palace


  • Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#2191 jszy10

jszy10
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,192 posts

    Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

    Thanks girl, glad I could help!  I can't wait to post the rest of my pics next week!  As far as location, if you don't have kids coming, I wouldn't stress about changing your location.  They really aren't far from each other!  I changed my location 2 days before my wedding, after already having it posted in my welcome books, and it was fine!  Even my programs had "Coba Gazebo" typed on them, but I didn't care...and I doubt my guests gave it any thought at all.  It does seem a bit smaller and more intimate than the Coba -- I only had like 9 people in seats, and I don't think it looked too bad.
     

    Originally Posted by MarTeeNi007 


    Jess - I love your review.  It sounds like you had the wedding of your deams. I'm sooooo happy for you.  I love the sneak peak pictures.  You look awesome, and I love your color scheme. They work well together. Your review totally helps me in getting my things together.  I have good chunck of things crossed off my list.  In looking at your pictures, I'm starting to contemplate changing my ceremony location.  I agree the bridge is what does it for me.  The only thing that sucks is that I ready put Cove side in my STDs and in my invitations were the ceremony will take place. Besides the bridge I also think its smaller than the Cove Gazebo.  I'm not having too many people at my wedding maybe 10 -15 so I think the Cove is too big for that number of guests. I guess I'll have to make that judgement call when I get there.

     

    Once again you have outdone yourself in your review of your wedding.  I really do appreciate your advice, ideas and help.  You totally rock!

     

    Thanks

    Liza
     



     



     



    #2192 jszy10

    jszy10
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,192 posts

      Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

      I think once you see the rest of my pictures, I think you'll see how nice the bridge was for pictures :o)  It really does make for a nice walk/entrance.



      #2193 kloos5

      kloos5
      • Site Supporter
      • 60 posts

        Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:02 AM


        Hi Jessica!

        I love your Gazebo choice- Do You think 35 people will fit in it? Another question, would you please post a location document with pictures? I am looking through my wedding stuff and the only document I have is the 3 gazebo choices.. that's it. I want to have a welcome coctail party - just like you did and then private reception. I am still debating whether or not to throw in the coctail hr prior to reception- or just send guests to one of the bars? Wedding is at 3pm. Sunset at 530pm- so that's just enough time to take pics and head to the reception. What do you think? If I was one of the guests I would like to go and freshen up before the reception...but again that's a preference...Thank You!
         

        Originally Posted by jszy10 

        I think once you see the rest of my pictures, I think you'll see how nice the bridge was for pictures :o)  It really does make for a nice walk/entrance.



         



        #2194 jszy10

        jszy10
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,192 posts

          Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

          Yeah 35 people will definitely fit in that gazebo!  That would probably be perfect.  It doesn't look like you have enough posts to be able to open up the document on the forum, but I can email it to you if you'd like?  I didn't have a cocktail hour before the reception -- I think my guests did a combination of going to freshen up and going to the lobby to get drinks. Then they made their way to our reception from there.  Since we were late getting to dinner, they just ordered drinks and appetizers there while they waited for us!

           

          Just in case, here is the private events document:

           

           


           

          Originally Posted by kloos5 


          Hi Jessica!

          I love your Gazebo choice- Do You think 35 people will fit in it? Another question, would you please post a location document with pictures? I am looking through my wedding stuff and the only document I have is the 3 gazebo choices.. that's it. I want to have a welcome coctail party - just like you did and then private reception. I am still debating whether or not to throw in the coctail hr prior to reception- or just send guests to one of the bars? Wedding is at 3pm. Sunset at 530pm- so that's just enough time to take pics and head to the reception. What do you think? If I was one of the guests I would like to go and freshen up before the reception...but again that's a preference...Thank You!
           



           



           

          Attached Files



          #2195 kloos5

          kloos5
          • Site Supporter
          • 60 posts

            Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:17 AM


            Hi Jessica! You are on the ball! I can always count on your help:) You remind me of my friend Julie- she is a teacher and is very creative just like you are:) Yes, this document will really help! I can open everything and download it, too.. I paid to be some kind of a supporter so that I could open the documents on this website. I knew I would never make it to have 150 posts! :)

            Thank you, again...
            Can't wait to see all of your pics on facebook!

            Edyta

            Originally Posted by jszy10 

            Yeah 35 people will definitely fit in that gazebo!  That would probably be perfect.  It doesn't look like you have enough posts to be able to open up the document on the forum, but I can email it to you if you'd like?  I didn't have a cocktail hour before the reception -- I think my guests did a combination of going to freshen up and going to the lobby to get drinks. Then they made their way to our reception from there.  Since we were late getting to dinner, they just ordered drinks and appetizers there while they waited for us!

             

            Just in case, here is the private events document:

             

             


             



             



             

            Attached Files



            #2196 JRSama

            JRSama
            • Newbie
            • 2 posts

              Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

              Hello ladies.... Thanks for all of your great posts and info. My mom and I are planning a site inspection trip to ASP next week (although I haven't heard back from them and I sent in my application over a week ago) But a couple ceremony site questions.. 1) does anyone know of an outdoor site that is not so windy? Did people have issues with this? 2) should I be worried about the heat at 5pm in May? Did anyone else have a wedding in may?? Any feedback? Also did anyone have a private reception indoors? Any feedback on locations for that?? Thanks so much everyone!! JR

              #2197 J-me

              J-me
              • Jr. Member
              • 398 posts

                Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

                Hey Jess, thanks again for all you've helped me/us with!! Hope your reception goes well this weekend - yaaay!!!



                #2198 jszy10

                jszy10
                • Sr. Member
                • 1,192 posts

                  Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:01 AM

                  Hey girls...another small yet hopefully helpful piece of advice...

                   

                  If you are doing the civil ceremony (ie. getting married legally in MX), I do suggest paying the fee to get a translated copy of your certificate while you are there.  When Wilma told me that I could wait and get a copy later (once I'm home) and find out I need one, I told her I would hold off...instead of paying for something I wasn't sure if I needed.  Turns out, my DMV won't take the spanish version and I do need a translated copy.  While at the resort, the copy cost $45....while in the US, they charge $45 PLUS a $65 shipping fee!!!!  I had to pay a local translation company $75 here to get a translated copy instead :oP.  I thought I would save money and ended up spending almost double.  bummer!!!



                  #2199 jszy10

                  jszy10
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,192 posts

                    Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:09 AM

                    Hey hun!  I just realized no one ever answered you!! (I never saw your post :oP)  I believe your mom is probably the one who messaged me on facebook about a few things though, so hopefully my answers there helped too.

                     

                    1 -- as far as non-windy goes, I think it really depends on the day!?!  It was windy for my cocktail party and it was windy for my ceremony, but it wasn't a hindering wind.  I wouldn't worry too much about it, but instead just prepare for it?

                     

                    2 -- I wouldn't worry about the heat either.  I was married at 5pm in JUNE, which is definitely a little worse than May, and even in my big wedding gown, the head didn't cripple me in the least.  If you get married in one of the gazebos, you won't be in the sunlight anyway, so that will help.  I thought that getting married at 5pm was perfect for pictures afterwards too.  The sun sets behind the building, so you don't have to worry too much about it being in your face.
                     

                    3 -- I'm not sure that anyone here had an inside reception, but it is definitely possible.  My only advice is to keep an open mind and realize where you are -- in gorgeous mexico with a beautiful view...you may not want to miss this as a part of your reception?

                    Originally Posted by JRSama 

                    Hello ladies.... Thanks for all of your great posts and info.

                    My mom and I are planning a site inspection trip to ASP next week (although I haven't heard back from them and I sent in my application over a week ago)

                    But a couple ceremony site questions..

                    1) does anyone know of an outdoor site that is not so windy? Did people have issues with this?

                    2) should I be worried about the heat at 5pm in May? Did anyone else have a wedding in may?? Any feedback?

                    Also did anyone have a private reception indoors? Any feedback on locations for that?? Thanks so much everyone!!

                    JR
                     


                     



                    #2200 sxcT

                    sxcT
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 1,282 posts

                      Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

                      Hey ladies.  I am down to 4 MONTHS from today!!!

                       

                      We still haven't had any additional ppl book since I sent out the invites.  It's a little disappointing.  Our group is full of procrastinators.  Even our own family hasn't booked...so sad.  But I can't let it bother me.  The next 4 months are gonna fly by.  Each day, each week and each month just disappears.  I'm so excited.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users