Jump to content

Photo

aventura spa palace


  • Please log in to reply
2875 replies to this topic

#1121 sxcT

sxcT
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,282 posts

    Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:20 AM

    YAY NICOLE!!!  I am so excited for you.  I have an entire year to go haha.  Can't wait to see ur pics and read ur review.  I hope this next year flies by. 



    #1122 ktrant

    ktrant
    • Newbie
    • 91 posts

      Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:26 AM

      I did a unity sand ceremony and mine made it home perfectly. Most of the vases or containers you buy should have lids or corks. I stuffed my vase w/tissue paper so that the sand was compacted enough not to move and put the lid on it.


      Quote:

      Originally Posted by adales 

      Awesome.  Thanks ladies!!!  Is anyone doing a sand ceremony?  I love the concept of it but I am wondering if I need to bring my own supplies for it.





      #1123 ktrant

      ktrant
      • Newbie
      • 91 posts

        Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:31 AM

        Miss Nicole...don't stress! You can order items up until the day before your wedding. Linens, DJ, etc... their lack of communication is ridiculous but I promise you....Once you get there and have your one on one meeting w/your WC everything will be settled. Just bring the items that you brought w/you to the meeting. They will take care of everything. Did you call the 1800 #?

         

        Originally Posted by nicdeb928 

        ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!!! woo hoo!!!  I leave 3 weeks from this saturday...i cant even believe how quick everything came...We have 52 ppl coming to celebrate with us

        Can someone give me Wilma's email address?

        Yazmin takes a good week or 2 to get back to me with my answers, even this past month with the wedding being so soon, ive tried to stay patient, but im a very OCD, organized kind of person and Im starting to get a little crazy with not having answers I need...

        I still didnt hire my dj/audio either...but the list is getting checked..





        #1124 jszy10

        jszy10
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,192 posts

          Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:01 AM


          Thanks!  Good idea with the tissue paper, I would have never thought of it!  Where did you get your sand ceremony vases?
           

          Originally Posted by ktrant 

          I did a unity sand ceremony and mine made it home perfectly. Most of the vases or containers you buy should have lids or corks. I stuffed my vase w/tissue paper so that the sand was compacted enough not to move and put the lid on it.


          Quote:


           




          #1125 adales

          adales
          • Site Supporter
          • 545 posts

            Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:29 AM

            That is a great idea.  Thanks for your input.  Where did you get your vase?  I want to get my vase beforehand so I can have it engraved.  I figure that I can find the smaller vases to put the sand in once I am there.  Kevin has three kids already so I want to incorporate them into this also.  Not sure if they are each going to have their own color if the kids will have the same color.  I just worry that 5 different colors of sand will be too much in there,

             

            Originally Posted by ktrant 

            I did a unity sand ceremony and mine made it home perfectly. Most of the vases or containers you buy should have lids or corks. I stuffed my vase w/tissue paper so that the sand was compacted enough not to move and put the lid on it.


            Quote:


             




            #1126 jszy10

            jszy10
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,192 posts

              Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:53 AM

              I don't think it would be too much for them to all have their own colors, but that is completely up to you.  I have found several sand ceremony sets online, but I haven't really decided what I want yet.  You can buy vases on your own to make up a set for cheaper, but I really want ours to be personalized and to be a matching set.  If you go to "froogle.com" and search "Sand Ceremony Set" you will find a lot and be able to compare prices.  I REALLY like the idea of the picture frame one!  I have found it as low as $40 on ebay.  Most sets are over $40 from what I've seen.

               

              052961.jpg



              #1127 ktrant

              ktrant
              • Newbie
              • 91 posts

                Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:01 AM


                I bought my set at Michael's arts and craft store. I had a coupon and it was $20. It came with 3 vases. 2 small and 1 large. It also came w/a cream colored sand and a tan sand. I purchased my green sand separtely for like $5 and used the tan sand that came w/the set.

                 

                I think 3 colors would be the most you would want to do just bc the colors might combine and make an odd color combination. What if all the kids were the same color...just a thought.

                Originally Posted by adales 

                That is a great idea.  Thanks for your input.  Where did you get your vase?  I want to get my vase beforehand so I can have it engraved.  I figure that I can find the smaller vases to put the sand in once I am there.  Kevin has three kids already so I want to incorporate them into this also.  Not sure if they are each going to have their own color if the kids will have the same color.  I just worry that 5 different colors of sand will be too much in there,

                 


                 




                #1128 ktrant

                ktrant
                • Newbie
                • 91 posts

                  Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:02 AM

                  Thanks :) At Michael's arts and craft store here in Houston.

                   

                  Originally Posted by jszy10 


                  Thanks!  Good idea with the tissue paper, I would have never thought of it!  Where did you get your sand ceremony vases?
                   


                   




                  #1129 Alyssa0918

                  Alyssa0918
                  • Newbie
                  • 56 posts

                    Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:51 AM


                    Oh perfect thanks!  I will check out Michael's :)

                    Originally Posted by ktrant 


                    I bought my set at Michael's arts and craft store. I had a coupon and it was $20. It came with 3 vases. 2 small and 1 large. It also came w/a cream colored sand and a tan sand. I purchased my green sand separtely for like $5 and used the tan sand that came w/the set.

                     

                    I think 3 colors would be the most you would want to do just bc the colors might combine and make an odd color combination. What if all the kids were the same color...just a thought.


                     




                    #1130 Alyssa0918

                    Alyssa0918
                    • Newbie
                    • 56 posts

                      Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

                      Has anyone had their makeup done at the salon at ASP?  I can't decide if I want to do it myself or have them do it.  Thanks






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users