Photo

Does your grocery list overwhelm you?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 neen

neen
  • 633 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

we're having family in town for the next week or so and i'm totally AR about the house being perfect and there being plenty of snack food around and having all the meals planned...i love having people over, but i totally stress myself out.

anyway, i just did all my food planning and made my grocery list and i'm totally freaked out...i have TWO pages of legal pad paper full of groceries that i need to go pick up, its just ridiculous and the thought of actually getting in the car and going to the store and probably needing two carts for it all is too much for me right now so i'm just sitting on the porch screwing around on BDW and chain smoking until i can summon the energy and courage to tackle this shopping trip.

anyway, just hoping i'm not the only one who feels this way sometimes...!

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:40 PM

Holy Moly, that sounds like too many groceries! I would def split it into 2 trips. Or make FI do it. I hate food shopping, so I only go if Matt makes me.

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:41 PM

I'm just like you i love entertaining but stress myself out about it. I want everything to be perfect and everyone to have things they like. I go nuts!!!

Can your fi go to the grocery store with you? so he can at least help cross things off the list or push the cart.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 neen

neen
        • 633 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:50 PM

hahaha...the grocery store is like FI's own personal hell, he can't even come in with me when i just have a few things to pick. if its not people stopping suddenly in the aisles so he almost crashes into him its getting lost wandering around or feeling pressured when its his turn at the deli meat counter...its actually pretty freaking hilarious to see, but i love him too much to put him through it with this trip.

i'm just glad i'm not the only one who freaks out a bit about entertaining.

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:51 PM

I would go around 830 at night it's a little slower at the grocery store during that time. only thing is deli counter might not be open.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 Davematthews16

Davematthews16
            • Banned
            • 1,051 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:57 PM

It seems I always have way too much on my list UGH, then on top of that I go to Wal-Mart and get double whats on the list and spend double the money. Sucks the $$ right out of you!!!

#7 neen

neen
              • 633 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Davematthews16
                It seems I always have way too much on my list UGH, then on top of that I go to Wal-Mart and get double whats on the list and spend double the money. Sucks the $$ right out of you!!!
                at the moment, you should only have ONE thing on your list and you better be planning a shopping trip for it ASAP!!!

#8 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                • 1,881 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:04 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by neen
                  at the moment, you should only have ONE thing on your list and you better be planning a shopping trip for it ASAP!!!
                  I CONCUR!!!!
                  http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                  February 14, 2009

#9 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 9,504 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 06:08 PM

I'm probably the odd-ball that loves to grocery shop. It's probably because I'm a chef. THe funny thing is that I have no good food in my house! If I cook all day it's cereal or pizza.

DH and I cannot go shopping together. We ALWAYS end up getting into some stupid fight over the tiniest thing.

I agree, go when it is later so you can avoid the crowds. I'm sure everyone will be appreciative of anything you have to offer. Did you consider a make your own night so you don't have to do as much cooking? Maybe tacos or paninis or pasta? Just get the raw ingredients and cook it right then.

#10 neen

neen
                    • 633 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:49 PM

ooooh, i like the make you own idea! that's great!!! thanks for the suggestions!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users