Sign in to follow this  

Can anyone who has visitd Aventura Spa give me a reccomendation for a resturant to have my rehearsal dinner at? I have never been there so any information on these resturants would help. There will be about 20-25 people at the dinner. The hotel said we get to pick the resturant. Thanks guys.

The Italian restaurant is great, its called La Trattoria, but its pretty small, so make sure you let them know ahead of time. They were having a wedding dinner there the night we went, had about 15 people, it was nice. If you want something more Mexican, the Hacienda is nice, they have a long skinny room in the back than can have long tables and they have mariachi players walking around serenading people, its really cute and the food is awesome.

I think the mexican one might be nice. We live in Akron right now but we work downtown Cleveland. Thanks guys for the advice. There arent that many people on here getting married there so its knid of hard to find information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobride15 View Post
I think the mexican one might be nice. We live in Akron right now but we work downtown Cleveland. Thanks guys for the advice. There arent that many people on here getting married there so its knid of hard to find information.
Hey ohiobride15!

I'm getting married at Aventura on 1.16.09.

I know basically nothing about the place!

We were going to get married at the Moon Palace, but changed to Aventura, so we could have a "sunset"wedding. Plus, all of the people with kids bailed!

We have a small group going---around 20.

I think we're going to do the dinner after the wedding at the Mexican place. I like the idea of the fun atmosphere, and the mariachi bands..

We're doing the superior wedding package. After the wedding we want to do a cocktail hour so that we can dance, cut the cake, etc. Then we'll all just go to dinner together in one of the restaurants.

Basically that's all I know! our WC emailed me yesterday and he seems great!! He emails me back within 12-24 hours.

THe only thing that stresses me out is that we're getting married at Aventura, but everyone is staying at Moon Palace. I'm worried I won't have anywhere to put my dress on!!!!! Maybe they'll let me use a room for a few hours or something....I don't know!

Anyways---looking forward to "planning" with you.

Erin

Hey Erin, If you need any information about the resort let me know. I have been talking to the WC like twice a week since the summer. I know that you can go from palace resort to palace resort and if you ask for a room to "freshen up" they will give you one. So im sure they would let you have one for the day. Its getting close you must be so excited!!!