Barcelo Maya

• Please log in to reply
288 replies to this topic

#11 MagsieMexico

• 420 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:02 AM

One more question melissa, how did you pick between the colonial and tropical? Why did you pick Colonial?

Thanks for all the info!
    Margaret & Eric

#12 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:51 AM

I only picked the Colonial because that's the only side of the resort our TA offered hehe...they're exactly the same though.

The Beach and the Caribe are the older parts of the resort - they're still nice but if you want something a little more upscale I'd stay at the Colonial or Tropical (4 a la cartes/week instead of 2, air conditioned buffet restaurant, larger rooms, etc.)

#13 MagsieMexico

• 420 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 09:09 PM

I am getting married here too.

Just FYI, you can set up a special arch of flowers on the beach for the ceremony for extra dollars.

You can also set up a dancefloor for the private dinner and dance, and have your own music or a DJ at the beach if you do the under the stars package.

They have 3 weddings a day, and they are at 1, 3 and 5pm

Your guests can stay in the cheaper side (Caribe Beach and Beach), and still attend your wedding at Tropical or Colonial for no extra charge!
        Margaret & Eric

#14 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:03 PM

Ok so what I've gotten so far in terms of outside vendors is they don't allow any at all - I wonder though if you'd be able to get a couple of the dancers from the entertainment staff to do something? They're really talented!

Were you given a cost for having the arch set up?

#15 MagsieMexico

• 420 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:12 PM

250 dollars...

She did tell me that you can have a photographer, but they have to stay at the hotel, similar to some of the other resorts...

Not sure what I will do, maybe see how you find the resort photographer to be! :)
            Margaret & Eric

#16 MikkiStreak

• VIP Member
            • 2,347 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by mexicomelissa
              The Barcel³ Maya Tropical Beach, is located right on the best beach in the Mayan Riviera, on the Mexican Caribbean coast. Its magnificent facilities are surrounded by a lush 500,000 square-meter natural park.

Together with 3 hotels, it forms part of the Barcel³ Maya Beach Resort. Through the "Barcel³ All Inclusive" program, one of the most comprehensive in the Caribbean, it offers an excellent variety of facilities and services that will make your stay an unforgettable one.

478 Rooms (210 Standard Double, 210 Standard King, 50 Junior Suite (26 Junior Suites con 2 camas, 24 Junior Suites King) 6 Suites King and 2 Master Suites without terrace). Each one provides:

Ironing Board
              Terrace or Balcony
              Air Conditioning
              Connecting Rooms On Request

2 Buffet Restaurants
              Restaurant specialized in Seafood
              Restaurant Specialized in Oriental Cuisine
              Italian-Mediterranean Restaurant
              Steak House Restaurant
              2 Lobby Bar, 2 Bars in the Theater and 2 Poolside Bar

Facilities & Additional Services
              Discotheque Children's area in the Swimming Pool
              Sports Track Chapel
              Commercial Square Business Centre
              Meeting room for seat 150 people
              Convention Centre, with a capacity to up to 850 people, which can be divided in 3 Rooms
              3 Swimming Pool with Jacuzzi (which one is for water sports)
              Currency Exchange Car Rental Hairdresser
              Diving Shop Entertainment Program Babysitter (on request)
              Doctor Souvenirs Shop Theme parks in the area
              Shopping Centre in the area Nightlife in the area Internet Access
              Horse Riding Tours and ATV´s in the rainforest
              Accessible to the physically handicapped

Services Included in the "Barcel³ All Inclusive" Program:
              Welcome drink
              Breakfast, lunch and dinner at the buffet Restaurants (Colonial & Tropical)
              A la carte dinner at the specialty restaurants: Bali-Hai” (Oriental), “Mare Nostrum” (Sea food), “Capri” (Italian) and “Santa F©â€ (Steak House)*
              Lunch, snacks (sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, etc.) and beverages available at the beach restaurants “Mariachi” and “Palmeras” and wet bars
              Domestic beverages (soft drinks, beers, house wine, liquors, cocktails and coffee) available up until 2 am
              Coffee-maker in room including water, coffee, tea, sugar and cream
              Minibar in room stocked daily with water, sodas soft drinks and beer
              In-room safe, alarm clock, bathrobes, iron & ironing board and hairdryer
              Use of sun-beds, beach towels and hammocks
              Day and night entertainment
              Free entrance to discotheque including domestic beverages
              Kids Club (kids between 4 & 8 and 8 & 12 years old)
              Mini-golf (18 holes) / Pitch and Put (4 holes) – equipment included
              Gym, Jacuzzi, Steam and Sauna rooms
              Tennis (7 lit courts) Basketball and multi-sports court
              Snorkelling (1 hour free equipment use per day) Kayaking
              Windsurfing (standard boards only)** Sailing (standard boats only)**
              Diving (1 lesson free per week in swimming pool Catamaran
              Aquatic bikes Aqua-aerobics in pool
              Water polo Beach Volleyball
              Table-Tennis Darts & Archery
              Bocce Billiards table
              Big-piece Chess

*Reservation required - upon availability (For a 7 nights stay - a ticket is given for each restaurant, for a 4 to 6 nights stay - 2 tickets are given for either restaurant, for a 2-3 nights stay 1 ticket is given for either restaurant) Dress code: semi-formal
              ** Reservations may apply, minimum skills required

So, am I reading this correct--- the a la carte restaurants are included in the AI price, but you can only eat there if you have a 'ticket' and how many tickets you are given depends on how long you stay? So if our guests stayed for 3 nights, they would only be able to eat at the a la carte's once, and only if they made a reservation?

#17 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 05:14 PM

Ya, when you check in you get your tickets for the a la cartes and when you book the a la cartes you turn the ticket in.
                You always have to make a reservation for the a la cartes and I'm not sure how many times you get to go if you're only staying 3 days because I've only ever gone for a week at a time...

#18 Leticia

• 259 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:19 AM

i am waiting to get the pricing back from TA but i think tropical beach is my choice. yep. i want to get married there. i emailed Ana as a kind heads up to what i am planning, i hope everyone gets back to me soon!!

#19 Leticia

• 259 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 01:22 AM

does anyone know if they allow outside vendors?

#20 MelissaH

• 1,724 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 11:28 AM

I'm not sure...I know they don't allow outside photographers unless they're a guest at the resort...but I'm sure if you wanted to use your own flowers or whatever it wouldn't be an issue. I would email the WC's and check!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users