Photo

More Intimate Options ??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 MGP

MGP
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:53 PM

I was leaning towards the Azul hotels as an AI, but now we're thinking we want something more private and intimate. Even rustic... Can anyone recommend a more private option that allows kids? We have looked at some of the other non-resort options like Al Cielo, but that is more than we've budgeted. I'm also keen to keep the costs down for my guests if possible.

I need help! I am getting frustrated and may make a snap decision that I am not happy with.

#2 Mandy

Mandy
    • 514 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

Check and see where Matt and Sol got married. They're photographers active on this forum. They posted a lengthy review of their wedding, as well as all the vendors they used. And they should know - they live in the Riviera Maya!

#3 Mandy

Mandy
      • 514 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

Try this: http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t15288

#4 neen

neen
        • 633 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 09:04 PM

when are you planning to get married? there are two great bungalow-style non-AIs on riviera maya, but they are both due to close around april 09, but if your date is before then, they may be good options...one is the shangri-la caribe which we seriously considered but dropped off our list because our wedding was too close to their original closing date

#5 MGP

MGP
          • 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:41 PM

We're planning the end of April 2009 or beginning of May 2009. Sounds like we're too late for those bungalow non-AIs, but the link looks good.

#6 xiaosie

xiaosie
            • 12 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:48 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by neen
              when are you planning to get married? there are two great bungalow-style non-AIs on riviera maya, but they are both due to close around april 09, but if your date is before then, they may be good options...one is the shangri-la caribe which we seriously considered but dropped off our list because our wedding was too close to their original closing date
              neen, can you tell us the name of the other bungalow-style non-AI that you know about? I love the look of the sangri-la caribe, and I'd love to check out the other place too! Thanks!
              Wedding by del Sol Photography: http://www.delsolpho....michelle&phil/

TTD by del Sol Photograpy:
              http://www.delsolpho....helle&philttd/

#7 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
              • Banned
              • 386 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 05:46 AM

I don't really know about those types of places in Mexico - but I could help you out with some Belize ideas if you are not locked in on your location.

#8 MGP

MGP
                • 17 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:43 AM

I think Belize would be great. My only worry is that it will cost more and be more difficult to fly there. But if you have suggestions for venues there, I would love to check them out.

#9 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
                  • Banned
                  • 386 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 04:14 PM

Hey,

You might like Mata Chica or Journey's End on Ambergris Caye.

As far as rustic goes, I could think of some really awesome rustic places that are on the mainland if you were interested in something non beachy. You could have an awesome wedding in the jungle or near a Mayan ruin and then head to the beach after the wedding.

Flights to Belize are usually inexpensive. It is easy to fly out of ATL, Houston, or Miami.

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users