Photo

Has anyone used Cecilia Dumas?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
  • 444 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:03 PM

I've narrowed it down to 2 photographers...Cecilia Dumas or Citalli from Claudia Rodriquez Photography. I've read some that people are interested in booking Cecilia but I haven't come across anyone who has already hired her.

So...brides that have pictures from Cecilia Dumas...where are you?!?

#2 Nancy

Nancy
    • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:16 PM

I can not give you information on either of those two photographers, but I can say that Juan Carlos Tapia is wonderful. He is the person who I booked through seeing him on this forum. I am not sure if he works in Cancun however.

#3 rafa

rafa
      • 260 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:05 AM

I hired Cecy Dumas and definitely I do not recommend her. She promised more than what she actually gave us. And many of the final pictures were very bad.

I do not know her work now, but when I hired her 4 years ago, was everything but good.

Hope this helps.

Rafa

#4 Shay2679

Shay2679
        • 493 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by rafa
          I hired Cecy Dumas and definitely I do not recommend her. She promised more than what she actually gave us. And many of the final pictures were very bad.

I do not know her work now, but when I hired her 4 years ago, was everything but good.

Hope this helps.

Rafa
          I was looking into hiring Cecilia as well, and had recently received some positive feedback from a few of the brides that HAVE worked with her, or are currently working with her. I even contacted her myself, and she was very quick to respond, and was accomodating...I have since found a photographer who I'm very excited about...and he was able to offer me a package I just couldn't refuse.

Here is the link to a thread under the Riviera Maya/Cancun section:
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t20608

You might want to contact some of them...

#5 adias.angel

adias.angel
          • 719 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:32 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Shay2679
            have since found a photographer who I'm very excited about...and he was able to offer me a package I just couldn't refuse.
            Can I ask who you are using?

#6 lucy106

lucy106
            • 2,880 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:42 PM

I have hired Cecila for November but I know someone who just used her 3 weeks ago and was VERY happy with her and her work. I guess it just goes to show everyone has their own experiences.

#7 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
              • 1,209 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:49 PM

I really liked her website and her pics. We had a great email 'relationship' for the first month while we were ironing out details and then she just fell off the map in May
                Being a bride, I freaked out that she wasn't responding and promptly found someone else.

I did love emailing with her. She seems to have a really positive energy about her and be fun. I just got really upset/worried when she dropped off the map.

We were at the point where I was trying to get my deposit to her to hold the date and at that point, when everything else was done was when she didn't answer me for 3 weeks...maybe even a month.

Now I've gone with Vanessa Vargas.

Good luck!

#8 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
                • 444 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:52 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lucy106
                  I have hired Cecila for November but I know someone who just used her 3 weeks ago and was VERY happy with her and her work. I guess it just goes to show everyone has their own experiences.
                  Thats great to hear! Was it someone on the forum? I would love to see pictures.

#9 lucy106

lucy106
                  • 2,880 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Cassondra2009
                    Thats great to hear! Was it someone on the forum? I would love to see pictures.
                    No she is not on the forum, I will ask her if she doesnt mind if I share her snapfish link with everyone.

#10 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
                    • 444 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 07:03 PM

That would be great! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users