Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#7531 chong

chong
  • Jr. Member
  • 360 posts

    Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:05 PM

    Thanks ladies. I guess we have to make the reservations for us. I am not sure how we can coordinate that with our guests but they are only staying 3 nights... so my guests might not even make it there. Do you know if any other restaurants require reservations? Or just Le Chique?
    Chong

    #7532 chong

    chong
    • Jr. Member
    • 360 posts

      Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:08 PM

      About ceremony... Does the officiant has a typical ceremony script that they share before the wedding? I have found some awesome ceremony script and was wondering if anyone asked their officiant to read the ones they have written? Thanks!
      chong

      #7533 chong

      chong
      • Jr. Member
      • 360 posts

        Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:16 PM

        Oh.. another question.
        Did anyone run through the ceremony stuff to make sure that everyone knows where to stand, where to go, etc? I don't think it will be too difficult but you never know. Any suggestions?
        Chong

        #7534 Sammyhawk

        Sammyhawk
        • Newbie
        • 60 posts

          Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by chong
          About ceremony... Does the officiant has a typical ceremony script that they share before the wedding? I have found some awesome ceremony script and was wondering if anyone asked their officiant to read the ones they have written? Thanks!
          chong
          I asked my WC and she sent me the ceremony. It is actually very nice, thought it is religious, I know some preferred to leave the religion out. But I thought it was very nice, and I am not very religious. We just changed our vows and added a sand ceremony saying (we found on the internet and tweeked to our liking) and then added a hand blessing (also found on the internet). We also added a reading for my sister in law to read. It really was beautiful. Unfortunately since it rained on us, they weren't able to use the microphone, so people could hardly hear what was said, so I emailed all of our guests the ceremony and I plan on printing it out and putting it on display at our AHR. As for a rehearsal, we didn't think this was necessary. The WC gives everyone the run down before the ceremony begins and there was no confusion.

          #7535 Sammyhawk

          Sammyhawk
          • Newbie
          • 60 posts

            Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:40 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by chong
            Thanks ladies. I guess we have to make the reservations for us. I am not sure how we can coordinate that with our guests but they are only staying 3 nights... so my guests might not even make it there. Do you know if any other restaurants require reservations? Or just Le Chique?
            Chong
            I don't think any of the other restaurants require a reservation but we did make a couple of reservations because we knew we would have large groups. They actually kind of freaked out more when we called and told them 31 people wanted to dine there at the same time. We made reservations at Sienna, and ended up at three seperate tables close by one another with different servers. I think that is their biggest issue with large groups, they don't want the service to suffer by giving one waiter such a large group that is why you end up getting split among a few tables. I just ended up table hopping a lot, it was no big deal. The other restaurants we just showed up with 20 or so people and had no problem getting seated, the service is slower though the larger the group. Especially at Tapaz. I think we spent almost 3 hours there because we had two tables of 8, and the type of dining it was required more time, so this restaurant probably isn't the best idea to try to do in really large groups.

            #7536 gingerlover36

            gingerlover36
            • Newbie
            • 89 posts

              Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:03 AM

              I have a question for those married already - did you use the hotel's hair and makeup people? I see that LOMAS has a specialist or I saw on other threads that girls had MAC artists come to them. Does AB (or AS) allow vendors such as hair and makeup people come if its not from them or LOMAS? Also do flowers and stuff have to come from LOMAS?

              #7537 suzannepdc

              suzannepdc
              • Newbie
              • 45 posts

                Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:31 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by chong
                About ceremony... Does the officiant has a typical ceremony script that they share before the wedding? I have found some awesome ceremony script and was wondering if anyone asked their officiant to read the ones they have written? Thanks!
                chong
                We wrote our entire ceremony. DH met with the minister right before the wedding and gave it to her, she read through it and he told her if she had something she wanted to ad lib, that was fine, but we did not want any religious references. She was fine with that. She was fantastic and I was so happy with her (I was really nervous that we'd get a very religious minister and run into a problem).

                #7538 meghan

                meghan
                • Member
                • 832 posts

                  Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:52 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by suzannepdc
                  We wrote our entire ceremony. DH met with the minister right before the wedding and gave it to her, she read through it and he told her if she had something she wanted to ad lib, that was fine, but we did not want any religious references. She was fine with that. She was fantastic and I was so happy with her (I was really nervous that we'd get a very religious minister and run into a problem).
                  Did you do a symbolic or legal ceremony? I was told that you can not change the script if it is legal....

                  #7539 taylorwd

                  taylorwd
                  • Member
                  • 932 posts

                    Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:00 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by chong
                    Oh.. another question.
                    Did anyone run through the ceremony stuff to make sure that everyone knows where to stand, where to go, etc? I don't think it will be too difficult but you never know. Any suggestions?
                    Chong
                    I would definitely recommend a rehearsal if you can work it out. You just have to ask your WC. I've been to even small weddings where they had no rehearsal and there was a lot of confusion. The bride doesn't see the confusion b/c she's off waiting, but I've seen it plenty of times as a guest.

                    We did one but our situation was different. Since my brother was our officiant we didn't need to involve anyone in the hotel and just set it all up ourselves.

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by gingerlover36
                    I have a question for those married already - did you use the hotel's hair and makeup people? I see that LOMAS has a specialist or I saw on other threads that girls had MAC artists come to them. Does AB (or AS) allow vendors such as hair and makeup people come if its not from them or LOMAS? Also do flowers and stuff have to come from LOMAS?
                    Ginger, I had my hair/makeup done at AB and was overall very happy. I give a detailed account in my review (under my siggy). A bit of advice is to definitely get a trial done! It'll be the best money you spend, if nothing else for peace of mind on your wedding day.

                    Anyone that comes on the property that you pay for wedding services is considered an outside vendor. You're welcome to bring in a MAC artist and use someone besides Lomas for your flowers, but you have to get approval and you'll be paying the outside vendor fee ($500) for each of them.

                    #7540 gingerlover36

                    gingerlover36
                    • Newbie
                    • 89 posts

                      Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:17 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by taylorwd


                      Ginger, I had my hair/makeup done at AB and was overall very happy. I give a detailed account in my review (under my siggy). A bit of advice is to definitely get a trial done! It'll be the best money you spend, if nothing else for peace of mind on your wedding day.

                      Anyone that comes on the property that you pay for wedding services is considered an outside vendor. You're welcome to bring in a MAC artist and use someone besides Lomas for your flowers, but you have to get approval and you'll be paying the outside vendor fee ($500) for each of them.
                      Thanks so much! Yeah I def will get a trial. One of my guests is actually a hairdresser...but I don't want to bother her to do my hair on her vacation. Although I plan to enlist her services if they mess it up.

                      Did you get your hair and make up done in the room? Did you stay in the suite? If so do you have any pictures of the room? When we did our site visit we were transfixed with the Villa but ultimately have decided against the villa in lieu of the suite for more privacy.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users