Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19268 replies to this topic

#7311 amybermuda

amybermuda
  • Member
  • 870 posts

    Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:12 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chong
    I am planning to do a OOT bag and include the details about the wedding. What are you all doing? What have you done?
    I included a schedule with "date" "time" & "place" for every activity in my OOT bag. I even broke out the ceremony, cocktails, & dinner reception on wedding day so every one knew there were 3 things and know where they are being held.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by amandamarieb
    I wanted to include a card with things to do off the resort and the corresponding websites but there wasnt an option with the invite package i choose to add the extra card. I figured I would do one of two things: 1. email people as they book to say thank you and send along the information. or 2. make a "thanks for booking" card and mail to folks when they book ...it will include info on what they should bring, things to do in the area, etc...
    I used Publisher to create a brochure thanking people for booking and list of what we were doing and websites for them to check out. It was cute and got people very excited. I also sent it to slackers who had not booked yet but were definitely coming to get them excited to book.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by meghan
    This is Meghan's fiance, I wanted to get information on day trip/excursions while we're down there. What have you planned for excursions? What company was it booked through? For those that did Catamaran/snorkeling, what was the package like-cost/#people/inclusives? thanks.
    I used a company that works with lots of tour operators to do a day trip: zip line, ruins tour, and snorkleing in centoes. Its $93/pp and includes lunch and transport. I think its 5 or 6 hours. Her email is Susan Vincil_CancunAndRivieraMaya.com

    I also used them to book 2 vans to take us into Cancun one night to go clubbing. They are picking us up at 11pm and 2 am (depending on when people are ready to go back to the hotel) .

    I also used Paradise Catamarans - if you are booking this I would call/email right away. A ton of girls on this site are using them. Just to be safe to get your date.

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KittenHeart
    Hi girls!!! I'm back a Mrs.!!!! CAN'T even believe it, it's been bliiissssssful <3

    I got back Friday @ Midnight and have so much to tell you all. I have a few days to catch up, haven't even unpacked yet, yikes!

    Just wanted to give you AS brides a quick little.... OMG, my day was PERRRRRFECTTTT and just like all the past AS brides are right, once you get there all your worries will be alleviated, the onsite coordinators are amazing and bend over backwards for you. I felt like royalty, they treated me unbelievably well and seriously it was a better wedding than I ever could have expected.

    I am soooo excited you upcoming brides!! Any questions, ask away :)
    I just got teary reading that! Welcome back Amy. You were dearly missed!!! Congratulations. You deserved to be worry free and have the best day ever!!!!

    #7312 ~Nicole~

    ~Nicole~
    • Sr. Member
    • 4,512 posts

      Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:29 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by meghan
      This is Meghan's fiance, I wanted to get information on day trip/excursions while we're down there. What have you planned for excursions? What company was it booked through? For those that did Catamaran/snorkeling, what was the package like-cost/#people/inclusives?

      thanks.
      We didn't preplan anything because we were waiting to find out our wedding appt day and time, etc, so we just booked our excursions with the onsite signature people at the resort.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by KittenHeart
      Hi girls!!! I'm back a Mrs.!!!! CAN'T even believe it, it's been bliiissssssful <3

      I got back Friday @ Midnight and have so much to tell you all. I have a few days to catch up, haven't even unpacked yet, yikes!

      Just wanted to give you AS brides a quick little.... OMG, my day was PERRRRRFECTTTT and just like all the past AS brides are right, once you get there all your worries will be alleviated, the onsite coordinators are amazing and bend over backwards for you. I felt like royalty, they treated me unbelievably well and seriously it was a better wedding than I ever could have expected.

      I am soooo excited you upcoming brides!! Any questions, ask away :)
      back!!! Congrats, you looked AMAZING! I'm dying to see more pics!

      Oh and the bolded part - I told you so!! HAHAHAHA sorry, I just couldn't resist!
      *Formerly Nikki07*
      My Planning Thread

      #7313 amybermuda

      amybermuda
      • Member
      • 870 posts

        Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:25 PM

        Ladies, I am seriously balling my eyes out right now everything seems to be working out so perfectly. My coworker thought something was wrong but they are tears of joy. My step mom speaks Spanish so she called the hotel about babysitters, etc. She said she spoke to each one individually and was very impressed by all of them. They said the hotel was not filled with kids the week of our wedding (next week) so everyone will get the cribs and strollers they need and they can get babysitters or play time any time they want during the week. She also said they knew about our group and are all expecting our arrival!!!

        Then she also called a restaurant the hotel recommended in Cancun and made the reservation for 28 of us for the Thursday clubbing tour we are doing. They are going to put us in the best spot by the band and dancers and will have pitchers of margaritas and munchies for us when we arrive. She said they were pleased our hotel recommended them and they will do everything they can to accommodate us and make sure we have a great time.

        SERIOUSLY - how can i NOT cry with all of this? I am crying just typing it! Who knew weddings were so emotional??!!


        #7314 suzannepdc

        suzannepdc
        • Newbie
        • 45 posts

          Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:54 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by amybermuda
          Ladies, I am seriously balling my eyes out right now everything seems to be working out so perfectly. My coworker thought something was wrong but they are tears of joy. My step mom speaks Spanish so she called the hotel about babysitters, etc. She said she spoke to each one individually and was very impressed by all of them. They said the hotel was not filled with kids the week of our wedding (next week) so everyone will get the cribs and strollers they need and they can get babysitters or play time any time they want during the week. She also said they knew about our group and are all expecting our arrival!!!

          Then she also called a restaurant the hotel recommended in Cancun and made the reservation for 28 of us for the Thursday clubbing tour we are doing. They are going to put us in the best spot by the band and dancers and will have pitchers of margaritas and munchies for us when we arrive. She said they were pleased our hotel recommended them and they will do everything they can to accommodate us and make sure we have a great time.

          SERIOUSLY - how can i NOT cry with all of this? I am crying just typing it! Who knew weddings were so emotional??!!
          YEA!!! I'm so excited for you!!! That's great about the restaurant in Cancun - and it helps that your Mom speaks Spanish! You are going to have an amazing, amazing time!!!

          Don't worry about the tears - I cried almost every day leading up to the wedding. I think the morning of the wedding my sister thought DH and I got into a fight or something because you could tell I was crying, but I was just having another of my tearful "I cannot wait to marry you moments" that occurred more and more as the day got closer!

          SO, SO excited for you!!

          #7315 chong

          chong
          • Jr. Member
          • 360 posts

            Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by meghan
            I sent out formal invites. I did not put where we were registered. People have found out through word of mouth. If you make a wedding website, you could put it on there, but I wouldn't suggest putting it on your invites. I sent my invites out to everyone who said they were coming and who had not said no yet.
            OK. I was wondering what others were doing. Thanks!

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by taylorwd
            We did the same thing as Meghan. We sent out formal invitations and did not send them to the people who had already said no. I second not putting where you're registered in with your invites. Your guests can find out by word of mouth.
            I didn't send out the Save the Date card to those who cannot come.. but I guess I can send them the formal invitation. Thanks!

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by amandamarieb
            Same here. Well actually some people have simply hit the decline key on the DW.com website and since we haven't spoken to them about the wedding (and they are family) they are getting a formal invite too. No big deal if they can't come but thought that they might want the keepsake and also a I got a great deal on invites and it was $3 difference to get 75 or 100 so I went ahead and ordered 100. I've got to get rid of them somehow. :)

            Also, do not put where you are registered on the invites. A lot of people might frown on that. Let you bridal party and parents know where you are registered and they can tell people when they ask. People will ask. :)

            Also, I put the invite, response card and a card letting them know how t access my dw.com site and my travel agent's contact number. I wanted to include a card with things to do off the resort and the corresponding websites but there wasnt an option with the invite package i choose to add the extra card. I figured I would do one of two things: 1. email people as they book to say thank you and send along the information. or 2. make a "thanks for booking" card and mail to folks when they book ...it will include info on what they should bring, things to do in the area, etc...

            I love the 2nd idea but given budget and time constraints, it may just be an email.
            I better get to ordering my invitation.. my next item on the to-do-list! Thanks!

            #7316 chong

            chong
            • Jr. Member
            • 360 posts

              Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by amybermuda

              Then she also called a restaurant the hotel recommended in Cancun and made the reservation for 28 of us for the Thursday clubbing tour we are doing. They are going to put us in the best spot by the band and dancers and will have pitchers of margaritas and munchies for us when we arrive. She said they were pleased our hotel recommended them and they will do everything they can to accommodate us and make sure we have a great time.

              SERIOUSLY - how can i NOT cry with all of this? I am crying just typing it! Who knew weddings were so emotional??!!
              Oh wow.. I am so excited to hear that hotel is being soooo accommodating. We are staying 10 days at the resort.. so we are definately planning to visit Cancun and go CRAZY with a small group of friends. I cannot wait till hear more about your wedding and the trips you will make while you are in Mexico.

              I am so jealous that our wedding is in October! I want it to be NOW :) Congratulations!!!!

              Chong

              #7317 chong

              chong
              • Jr. Member
              • 360 posts

                Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

                So I have 3 potential photographers interested for my wedding at AS. Is it OK to let them know that I am looking at more than him or her? Is it OK to negotiate the price based on other's price? I am trying to meet them face to face to see their work in more detail so I can decide what I like the best. I didn't get the one I really wanted so I have three other potential photogs. Any suggestions? Thanks!
                Chong

                #7318 cjb0arder13

                cjb0arder13
                • Jr. Member
                • 310 posts

                  Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by amybermuda
                  Ladies, I am seriously balling my eyes out right now everything seems to be working out so perfectly. My coworker thought something was wrong but they are tears of joy. My step mom speaks Spanish so she called the hotel about babysitters, etc. She said she spoke to each one individually and was very impressed by all of them. They said the hotel was not filled with kids the week of our wedding (next week) so everyone will get the cribs and strollers they need and they can get babysitters or play time any time they want during the week. She also said they knew about our group and are all expecting our arrival!!!

                  Then she also called a restaurant the hotel recommended in Cancun and made the reservation for 28 of us for the Thursday clubbing tour we are doing. They are going to put us in the best spot by the band and dancers and will have pitchers of margaritas and munchies for us when we arrive. She said they were pleased our hotel recommended them and they will do everything they can to accommodate us and make sure we have a great time.

                  SERIOUSLY - how can i NOT cry with all of this? I am crying just typing it! Who knew weddings were so emotional??!!

                  All right, missy....reading this made ME cry!!! I am so so happy for you...less than two weeks until you're in paradise. You are going to have the best wedding ever!

                  #7319 amandamarieb

                  amandamarieb
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 239 posts

                    Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

                    [QUOTE=amybermuda;1295939]I also used them to book 2 vans to take us into Cancun one night to go clubbing. They are picking us up at 11pm and 2 am (depending on when people are ready to go back to the hotel) .

                    I also used Paradise Catamarans - if you are booking this I would call/email right away. A ton of girls on this site are using them. Just to be safe to get your date.QUOTE]

                    I was also planning on getting a couple of vans and taking a group of 30 or so. (Wow, maybe even more than that now that I am thinking about it) to Playa for the night.

                    Would you mind telling how much it was for each van and how many people fit in each one? Thanks so much!
                    Amanda ~ Marrying Stephen on October 10th 2010 at Azul Sensatori

                    http://tickers.Ticke....ded6/event.png

                    #7320 amybermuda

                    amybermuda
                    • Member
                    • 870 posts

                      Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:28 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by amandamarieb
                      I was also planning on getting a couple of vans and taking a group of 30 or so. (Wow, maybe even more than that now that I am thinking about it) to Playa for the night.

                      Would you mind telling how much it was for each van and how many people fit in each one? Thanks so much!
                      Our group is 28 people - we have 3 vans which fit 12 people each. 3 vans in at 7:30pm 1 van home at 11pm and 2 vans home at 2am - total cost was $336. I dont know what the price per van would have been though! I used the same company I mentioned in my earlier post today.




                      3 user(s) are reading this topic

                      1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users