19356 replies to this topic

#19231 sarahjayne07

sarahjayne07
  • 38 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mexico
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:08 AM

Anybody else get the outrageously cruel email from karisma to all brides about using love and lace? I'm heartbroken. I really hope I can make it work but I want them to confirm in writing that they won't confiscate the stuff i bring in as another bride said that could happen but that seems totally insane. They are basically threatening that it's illegal and we could all be held responsible by the "government". Give me a break... how could a wedding decor rental be illegal.

#19232 amyzig2

amyzig2
  • 75 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:15 AM

Anybody else get the outrageously cruel email from karisma to all brides about using love and lace? I'm heartbroken. I really hope I can make it work but I want them to confirm in writing that they won't confiscate the stuff i bring in as another bride said that could happen but that seems totally insane. They are basically threatening that it's illegal and we could all be held responsible by the "government". Give me a break... how could a wedding decor rental be illegal.

Oh no!!!!!!!! That's awful! I can't imagine that it is really illegal! Does Katy know about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19233 LRosario

LRosario
    • 62 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 25, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Riviera Maya, Mexico
    • LocationChicago

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:19 AM

@sarahjayne07
    What? That's totally ridiculous! The nerve of those people. Maybe if Lomas was more reasonably priced people wouldn't be seeking out other companies to provide decor. I would contact an attorney and see what they say. Make sure you cover your back. I don't believe there's any way they can confiscate your decor. They can't prove you rented it from anyone. I used Love & Lace for our wedding in June 2016. When I was showing the wedding coordinator what I had and how I wanted it set up, she asked me if I rented any of these things because they do many weddings and have seen some repetitive items. I looked at her and said "well, Lomas prices are ridiculous. I'm from Chicago and I can even find cheaper items there which is crazy considering howhat expensive Chicago is. So I did what I had to do." She didn't say much else after that. I mean like I said before, it's your word against theres. How are they going to prove it's not your decor? I actually flew in and stayed at another hotel for a night and had Katy's assistant meet me there. To avoid them having to come to Azul Sensatori. Then for pickup she came right to Azul and met me in the loby. At that point I didn't care because they can't go back and try to say anything once my wedding is done.

RoMo2016

#19234 Sweetness14

Sweetness14
    • 51 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

What email? And how did they know you planned on using Love and Lace for your decor? I was told from the beginning that I could bring my own decor with no problem and had no intentions of mentioning I was using an outside vendor for that either

#19235 sarahjayne07

sarahjayne07
      • 38 posts
      • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:36 AM

@Sweetness14 They didn't...i told them I was bringing my own. I was told it was sent to all karisma brides. If you haven't gotten it then good! I wouldn't worry in that case. Katy is great and keeps telling me not to worry so I'm sure it will be fine, I just wondered if anyone else has experienced the same thing and to gather some thoughts cause the email was a doozy

#19236 Sweetness14

Sweetness14
      • 51 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:43 AM

@LRosario exactly. Your word against theirs. I'm not telling them I rented anything from anyone because of course they are going to find a way to make it a problem since they are loosing money

@sarahjayne07 maybe I will get it eventually. Yea i am not worry, where there is a will there is a way.

#19237 sarahjayne07

sarahjayne07
        • 38 posts
        • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:20 PM

@LRosario Thank you! That makes me feel better! Good idea! They have no right. @Sweetness14 yes!! it will be fine! :)

#19238 Sweetness14

Sweetness14
        • 51 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:11 PM

@LRosario was Sarani and approved photographer or did you have to pay a vendor fee?

#19239 LRosario

LRosario
          • 62 posts
          • Wedding Date:June 25, 2016
          • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Riviera Maya, Mexico
          • LocationChicago

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:19 PM

@Sweetness14

Sarani is an approved photographer/videographer for one of the other Karisma hotels but not Azul Sensatori. That being said I did pay an outside vendor fee. But Sarani helps you out in that area. She actually discounted us $400 off the package we chose and gave us an extra hour. I guarantee they are totally worth it!

RoMo2016

#19240 JasminMattPhoto

JasminMattPhoto
          • Insiders
          • 113 posts
            • LocationPlaya del Carmen, Mexico

Posted 27 October 2016 - 07:10 AM

Just some updated information for all the brides out there. We've been in discussion with the wedding department at Azul Fives (not Azul Sensatori but still another Azul & Karisma hotel) and apparently the owners of the hotels are also the owners of the photog company they have on the premises. This monopoly is why they seem to never budge on the outside vendor fee. My contact also informed me that there are no longer "approved vendors". Some companies may be grandfathered in, but still be careful of what people claim to be.

Do your research and choose your vendors based on their quality of service, not on the price. <3 <3 <3 

Jasmin & Matt - Breathtaking Destination Wedding & Lifestyle Photography

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png rating on Facebook & BestDestinationWedding.com

Still not convinced? Read our testimonials of appreciation from previous couples <3

Email: info@jasminandmatt.com
            Phone: +52-1-984-114-3386
            Facebook: Jasmin & Matt Photography
            Instagram: @jasminandmattphotography
            Pinterest: Jasmin & Matt

Ask us how we can help you plan your perfect wedding day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users