Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#171 meghan

meghan
  • 832 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 01:55 PM

I was told that that you can have a symbolic ceremony that is legal, and there are judges that do it in english. Maybe if you want a minister, it might be different, but I know the judges speak english (I'm not religious so that's why Im having a judge instead of a minister). Have you emailed them? Here is one of the wedding planner's emails...ask what they do about english ceremonies: weddingcoord@karismahotels.com

CANDJO8 With respect to deals, Karisma hotels does not give any discounts like some other hotels do.

ASH0628, I think this resort is absolutely amazing. They have a great reputation for for service, all their restaurants are gourmet, all rooms are suites, the beach is beautiful, and they specialize in weddings. They do only one wedding a day on the smaller resorts, so you will have their complete focus on you.

#172 Anon101

Anon101
    • 86 posts

Posted 12 August 2008 - 02:40 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by meghan
      I was told that that you can have a symbolic ceremony that is legal, and there are judges that do it in english. Maybe if you want a minister, it might be different, but I know the judges speak english (I'm not religious so that's why Im having a judge instead of a minister). Have you emailed them? Here is one of the wedding planner's emails...ask what they do about english ceremonies: weddingcoord@karismahotels.com
      Thanks! Based on the Q&A section of the website, I thought only the civil ceremony was legal (and in Spanish whether done by a judge or a minister). I just emailed them at the address you provided, and will report back.

#173 HEATHERMC24

HEATHERMC24
      • 4 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:09 AM

Hi Guys
        I have been reading the posts regarding photographers and was wondering if someone could give me some advise. We are looking at the Azul Sensatori - but up until reading these posts I would have just gone with the local (provided) photographer.

Can someone advise why they would be against this? Do they generally not do a good job?

Also - what is the cost comparison? How much would you spend on the provided photographer vs someone you chose yourself?

Thanks all!

#174 Anon101

Anon101
        • 86 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 07:40 PM

Hi all,

If people are comfortable doing so, would you mind posting the rates that you received from your TA or otherwise (and wedding month)? I want to make sure that the rates we receive from our TA are the best available...

Thanks!

PS - I am still waiting for an email on the ability to use an English-speaking Judge at the civil ceremony...

#175 Deb1107

Deb1107
          • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

Any update on whether you can have a LEGAL marriage with an English speaking judge?

#176 lilmisssunshine

lilmisssunshine
            • 105 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:41 AM

Is anyone comfortable sharing a breakdown of expenses and fees for their wedding/reception at the sensatori? (flowers, photographer, reception, etc...) I am still trying to decide if this is in my budget and I know there are many fees for little details. I tried emailing the resort contact about a week ago and I havent heard a response yet. Any information would be helpful.
              Thank you
              :

#177 lilmisssunshine

lilmisssunshine
              • 105 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 09:43 AM

BTW i am meeting with my very trustworthy TA next week so I will post my rates for sensatori when I get them.
                :

#178 lenka14

lenka14
                • 151 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 10:34 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lilmisssunshine
                  BTW i am meeting with my very trustworthy TA next week so I will post my rates for sensatori when I get them.
                  Hi, I am also in Illinos (Chicago). Are you planning on getting quotes for Air + Hotel packages? I am very curious to know what the packages will come out to be.

#179 CandJ08

CandJ08
                  • 7 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:41 AM

Anon101 & Deb1107, we are having a legal marriage and asked the coordinator we've been working with (Fabio) about having the ceremony performed in English. His reply was, "Most of the ceremonies are performed in English, if an English speaking Judge is not available we’ll provide translation at no extra cost."

Hope that helps a little!

#180 meghan

meghan
                    • 832 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:57 AM

Deb, I've been told I can have an english speaking judge that is legal...send an email to weddingcoord@karismahotels.com, and they will tell you.

I haven't booked my package yet, but I've been told by my travel agent that she will get us the opening rates (about $1600-1800 plus tax) now for July 2010, when we want to get married.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users