Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#17121 yycStacy

yycStacy
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

A quick update from us: We had an awesome time yesterday. We ended up having the reception in the ballroom due to a high chance of rain, but it worked out really great. We went through a detailed list of our vision for set up and decorations and the WCs executed it perfectly. We had some benefits that we hadn't thought of due to the reception being inside: A/C (especially great since we had an epic 70-person 2+ hour dance party), no wind so people weren't struggling with their hair or papers during speeches (and everyone could hear really clearly), no mosquitos (everyone had a few bites from the cocktail party we'd had outside the night before), and close access to the coffee station in the lobby when people wanted a quick shot of caffeine after dinner. We also were stumbling distance from the Mojito bar when the after party continued past 11. What a great night!!!!

#17122 LilPumpkin

LilPumpkin
    • Site Supporter
    • 62 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by yycStacy 

A quick update from us:
      We had an awesome time yesterday. We ended up having the reception in the ballroom due to a high chance of rain, but it worked out really great. We went through a detailed list of our vision for set up and decorations and the WCs executed it perfectly. We had some benefits that we hadn't thought of due to the reception being inside: A/C (especially great since we had an epic 70-person 2+ hour dance party), no wind so people weren't struggling with their hair or papers during speeches (and everyone could hear really clearly), no mosquitos (everyone had a few bites from the cocktail party we'd had outside the night before), and close access to the coffee station in the lobby when people wanted a quick shot of caffeine after dinner. We also were stumbling distance from the Mojito bar when the after party continued past 11.

What a great night!!!!

I am so happy for you. Enjoy the rest of your Honeymoon :cheers:

#17123 yycStacy

yycStacy
      • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:58 AM

I thought I would also mention for those who are concerned about the lack of a gazebo at Plaza Zavaz... I really don't think there are too many drawbacks from not having a gazebo. The area is surrounded by a bunch of tall palm trees. There are ropes strung above and between the palm trees. Therefore, any decorations you may have planned using the gazebo (wrapped lights, hanging lanterns, etc) should still be able to be executed. I actually think in some respects that not having the small gazebo there would better - we were originally worried about sight lines for our slideshow and our speeches. They started to set our reception up there before we moved into the ballroom, and I think it would have been great! If I see any other weddings there in the next week and a half, I will try to grab some photos.

#17124 JMK923

JMK923
        • 185 posts
        • Wedding Date:February 8, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
        • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

yycStacy,

Congratulations! So glad to hear that your backup plan worked out perfectly. I can't wait to see pictures :) I nearly had a heart attack seeing plaza zavaz in shambles but it's reassuring to know that other options work out great too. Thanks for keeping us all posted.

#17125 yycStacy

yycStacy
        • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

Looks like a wedding is going ahead at Plaza Zavas tonight! The photo doesn't do it justice since it is light out and only set up, but I think it will look great!Posted Image

#17126 yycStacy

yycStacy
          • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

Posted Image

#17127 JMK923

JMK923
            • 185 posts
            • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

That looks really nice actually! Especially if you have lots of paper lanterns to hang up. Thanks again for the pictures Stacy.

#17128 JMK923

JMK923
            • 185 posts
            • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:01 PM

Question for all you ladies... Has anyone used or is anyone planning on using the Gobos (the light projected onto the dance floor with your initials)? Just wanted some feedback whether or not it's worth it.

#17129 m8chow

m8chow
            • 255 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 29, 2014
            • LocationMexico

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:24 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by yycStacy 

Thanks for the update.  It looks great!!  I hope you had a great time and congrats on your wedding!

#17130 m8chow

m8chow
            • 255 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 29, 2014
            • LocationMexico

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:33 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JMK923 

Question for all you ladies... Has anyone used or is anyone planning on using the Gobos (the light projected onto the dance floor with your initials)? Just wanted some feedback whether or not it's worth it.

Never heard of Gobos, but everytime I mention stuff like that the FI will say "do we really need it?"  Sorry I couldn't help more LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users