Jump to content

Photo

Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!


  • Please log in to reply
19262 replies to this topic

#13551 Mwise17

Mwise17
  • Member
  • 528 posts

    Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:45 PM



    congrats!  beautiful pics!!

    :)

    Originally Posted by ginnigurl 

    Hey girls!!!  Things are finally settling down and getting back to normal after our June 4th wedding at Azul Fives... for those of you that remember, we booked and Sensatori, but did not block rooms and it sold out... so we made the choice to switch.  Azul Fives is beautiful and the staff was wonderful.... it went by soooooooo fast!!!!  I would secretly have to stay I still wish we had been at Sensatori, but the wedding would not have been the same without the additonal friends and family, including the photographer!  (We did miss the beach views from our room, but had a 2nd floor penthouse that had good views.... also, the place was only at about 20% capacitiy, nearly deserted - but we did get lots of attention from the staff.....  just a few of the pros/cons)....  I just couldn't bear to leave this AZS Forum, because you have all been so wonderful (Extra kudos to Murmel, Maggie and Jamie!)

     

    Getting caught up on posts, some gorgeous brides and pictures!!!  Congrats to all! 

     

    I will work on a review and here are a few pictures from Portraits by Jody.

     

    DSC_0340bwht.jpg

     

    DSC_00794x6.jpg

     

    (Only comment on this one is that the the chairs were not supposed to have the bows until the reception, because the color was more aqua then my tiffany blue)

     

    DSC_03314x6.jpg

     

    IMG_5266.jpg



     



    #13552 bigboponthebeach

    bigboponthebeach
    • Jr. Member
    • 456 posts

      Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

       

      Originally Posted by MaggieandJay 

      Bigboponthebeach

      WELCOME!!! Your wedding looked so awesome! I am so happy it went well! Still have to read the review but I am sure it's very simular expereinces to us other past brides. CONGRATS again!!!!!


      I did them on Shutterfly, Look under Announcements and they have a ton of templetes. I feel in love with these and everyone raved about them!

       

      Thanks Maggie!  For the compliment, as well as for the details regarding your announcements!  ;-)
       

      Originally Posted by 1106wedding 



      Jesse...your questions are raising questions of my own.....

       

      1. I recall someone saying on here they don't do a rehersal for the ceremony, they meet up with the groom to go over a few things before hand (which scares me a little, Chris won't be on the most up and up like I would be, you know?)

      My wedding party aren freaking out a little...especially my german bridesmaid (they dont' have a wedding party in Germany).  Did any of you ladies just do one of your own?  Will they do one if you request it??  (does that mean you decide who stands/sits where....is there a side the bride is supposed to be on vs. the groom???)

       

      2.  Premium alcohol:  Is it served at any/every bar?  You just have to request it?  (does this include the private functions?)  Is it of extra cost?

       

      3.  Traveling with Alcohol....how does this work?  Do you just put it in your luggage???  (or did you buy it at the airport?)...I NEVER buy liqour at the airport, nor have traveled with it, so have no clue. 

      Ok, now I'm getting irritated.  I was told that I DJ Doremixx is not allowed at the resort.  How many of you upcoming brides have booked them?  Has anyone else been told no for DJ Doremixx?

       

      I refuse to pay $1500 for their (seemingly) crappy preferred DJ!!

       

      This is odd.  Did you ask why or did they tell you a reason?  Do you have a TA?  If you booked Doremixx already, you might consider getting your TA involved.

       

      Quote:

      Originally Posted by Maritza919 
       
      I booked him before they we're banned too. I just sent my wc an email because I had heard new brides can not book him. Wanted to make sure eveything was still on. Still have to pay the outside vendor fee.


      Just ensure that your WC includes his name on your detail sheet and all should be good.
       

      Quote:

      Originally Posted by tundeneha 

       

      Just to give you a sneak peek at what you will see...

       

       

      Beautiful!!!!!  Congrats!!!  Love all of the colors, they really make your pictures pop!
       

      Originally Posted by ginnigurl 

      Hey girls!!!  Things are finally settling down and getting back to normal after our June 4th wedding at Azul Fives... for those of you that remember, we booked and Sensatori, but did not block rooms and it sold out... so we made the choice to switch.  Azul Fives is beautiful and the staff was wonderful.... it went by soooooooo fast!!!!  I would secretly have to stay I still wish we had been at Sensatori, but the wedding would not have been the same without the additonal friends and family, including the photographer!  (We did miss the beach views from our room, but had a 2nd floor penthouse that had good views.... also, the place was only at about 20% capacitiy, nearly deserted - but we did get lots of attention from the staff.....  just a few of the pros/cons)....  I just couldn't bear to leave this AZS Forum, because you have all been so wonderful (Extra kudos to Murmel, Maggie and Jamie!)

       

      Getting caught up on posts, some gorgeous brides and pictures!!!  Congrats to all! 

       

      I will work on a review and here are a few pictures from Portraits by Jody.

       

       

      Congrats!!!

       

       



      #13553 bigboponthebeach

      bigboponthebeach
      • Jr. Member
      • 456 posts

        Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

        Me again!  So we brought back all of our wedding stuff, which has been sitting in our travel trunk since our return and we have no use for it.  We have decided to sell our remaining items, because everything is in great condition and some things weren’t even used.  Before I offer up these items to the entire forum and place them on the “For Sale” thread, I figured I’d offer them up to my fellow AS Brides first.  I will post them on the main forum “For Sale” thread this coming Friday if not needed by any AS brides.  If you are interested in purchasing any items, please send me a PM with your zip code and I will provide the shipping cost.  Our main color was burnt orange and we used monochrome shades of orange as our accent colors.  Our theme consisted of burnt orange accented by monochrome shades of orange, sugar starfish, and raffia.  Here is a list of what we have remaining:

         

        Lanterns:

        1. Burnt Orange 20 inch [7 available]                                                                    $2 / each
        2. Burnt Orange 12 inch [4 available]                                                                    $1/ each
        3. Orange 16 inch [4 available]                                                                               $1.50 / each
        4. Orange 12 inch [4 available]                                                                               $1 / each

        Unused and still in original packaging:

        1. Burnt Orange 12 inch [3 available]                                                                     $2 / each
        2. Yellow 12 inch [4 available]                                                                                 $2 / each

        ***I’d prefer to sell at least or 6 more lanterns per purchase so that we aren’t making numerous trips to the Post Office. J

         

        Sand:

        1. 1 pound bag of unopened “Natural” colored sand for Sand Ceremony.         $4  

         

        Real Touch Flowers:

        1. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Corsages [2 available] Unused                                   $10/each
        2. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Boutonniere [1 available] Unused                              $ 8
        3. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Groom’s Boutonniere (small starfish attached)         $10
        4. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Bridal Bouquet                                                             $120.00          

        ***Below are pictures of our actual flowers.  The groom’s boutonniere is exactly the same as the one pictured below however it does not have the green floral accents attached.

        Flowers Edited Bouquet3.jpg

        Flowers Edited Corsages 1.jpg

        Flowers Edited Grooms Boutonniere 2.jpg

                                           

        Organza Sheers:

        1. Burnt Orange Organza Gazebo Sheer                                                                 $25
        2. Orange Organza Gazebo Sheer                                                                            $25
        3. Burnt Orange Organza Chair Sash [35 available]                                               $0.75 / each or $25 for all 35            
        4. Orange Organza Chair Sash [42 available]                                                          $0.75 / each or $30 for all 42

        ***Below is a picture of our actual ceremony sheers:

        Mexico Bettina 546.jpg

         

         

        Flower Girl Basket:

        1. White wicker basket with raffia around it and one sugar starfish on the front   $10

                   ***Below are pictures of our actual ceremony flower girl basket:

        KLove

        flower girl basket 2.JPG

         

        Aisle Starfish:

        1. Sugar Starfish 8 to 9 7/8 inches each [6 available]                                                 $2 / each or $10 for all

                  ***With raffia for hanging attached.  Raffia can be easily removed if desired.

        Sugar Starfish Aisle Accents.jpg

                   

        Bubbles:

        1. Small orange plastic bottles.  Unused and in original box [48 total]                    $4 for all

        Box of Bubbles in Orange Plastic Bottles.JPG

         

        Batteries (for LED throwies):

        1. 3 volt lithium batteries [93 available]                                                                      $0.27 each or $25 for all

              ***I’d prefer to sell at least or 50 more batteries per purchase to prevent making numerous trips to the Post Office. J

                   

        Lights (for LED throwies):

        1. 10 mm white diffused LED light bulbs: [93 available]                                           $0.30 each or $27 for all

               ***I’d prefer to sell at least or 50 more LED light bulbs per purchase to prevent making numerous trips to the Post Office. J

         

        Veil:

        1. Richard Designs ivory 65” single tier 72” wide fingertip veil.  Unused, in original packaging, with tags still attached.  I paid $199.00 w/out tax for this veil from a Bridal Boutique called In the Olde Manner.  The day of our wedding, it was too windy to wear it, so I passed on the veil and just left it enclosed in its bag.  I can sell this veil for $150. 

         

        Landyards:

        1. 3 Lanyards w/ 3 Clear Badge Holders                                                                    Free w/ any purchase over $15

         



        #13554 justiner57

        justiner57
        • Jr. Member
        • 151 posts

          Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:04 AM

          Where did you get the sheer panels for the gazebo? That is exactly how we want ours set up and I'm sure they are less expensive to buy then rent at the resort. Also, when you mean LED lights are you referring to those little tea lights that are battery operated? 
           

          Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach 

          Me again!  So we brought back all of our wedding stuff, which has been sitting in our travel trunk since our return and we have no use for it.  We have decided to sell our remaining items, because everything is in great condition and some things weren’t even used.  Before I offer up these items to the entire forum and place them on the “For Sale” thread, I figured I’d offer them up to my fellow AS Brides first.  I will post them on the main forum “For Sale” thread this coming Friday if not needed by any AS brides.  If you are interested in purchasing any items, please send me a PM with your zip code and I will provide the shipping cost.  Our main color was burnt orange and we used monochrome shades of orange as our accent colors.  Our theme consisted of burnt orange accented by monochrome shades of orange, sugar starfish, and raffia.  Here is a list of what we have remaining:

           

          Lanterns:

          1. Burnt Orange 20 inch [7 available]                                                                    $2 / each
          2. Burnt Orange 12 inch [4 available]                                                                    $1/ each
          3. Orange 16 inch [4 available]                                                                               $1.50 / each
          4. Orange 12 inch [4 available]                                                                               $1 / each

          Unused and still in original packaging:

          1. Burnt Orange 12 inch [3 available]                                                                     $2 / each
          2. Yellow 12 inch [4 available]                                                                                 $2 / each

          ***I’d prefer to sell at least or 6 more lanterns per purchase so that we aren’t making numerous trips to the Post Office. J

           

          Sand:

          1. 1 pound bag of unopened “Natural” colored sand for Sand Ceremony.         $4  

           

          Real Touch Flowers:

          1. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Corsages [2 available] Unused                                   $10/each
          2. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Boutonniere [1 available] Unused                              $ 8
          3. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Groom’s Boutonniere (small starfish attached)         $10
          4. Burnt Orange Calla Lily Bridal Bouquet                                                             $120.00          

          ***Below are pictures of our actual flowers.  The groom’s boutonniere is exactly the same as the one pictured below however it does not have the green floral accents attached.

          Flowers Edited Bouquet3.jpg

          Flowers Edited Corsages 1.jpg

          Flowers Edited Grooms Boutonniere 2.jpg

                                             

          Organza Sheers:

          1. Burnt Orange Organza Gazebo Sheer                                                                 $25
          2. Orange Organza Gazebo Sheer                                                                            $25
          3. Burnt Orange Organza Chair Sash [35 available]                                               $0.75 / each or $25 for all 35            
          4. Orange Organza Chair Sash [42 available]                                                          $0.75 / each or $30 for all 42

          ***Below is a picture of our actual ceremony sheers:

          Mexico Bettina 546.jpg

           

           

          Flower Girl Basket:

          1. White wicker basket with raffia around it and one sugar starfish on the front   $10

                     ***Below are pictures of our actual ceremony flower girl basket:

          KLove

          flower girl basket 2.JPG

           

          Aisle Starfish:

          1. Sugar Starfish 8 to 9 7/8 inches each [6 available]                                                 $2 / each or $10 for all

                    ***With raffia for hanging attached.  Raffia can be easily removed if desired.

          Sugar Starfish Aisle Accents.jpg

                     

          Bubbles:

          1. Small orange plastic bottles.  Unused and in original box [48 total]                    $4 for all

          Box of Bubbles in Orange Plastic Bottles.JPG

           

          Batteries (for LED throwies):

          1. 3 volt lithium batteries [93 available]                                                                      $0.27 each or $25 for all

                ***I’d prefer to sell at least or 50 more batteries per purchase to prevent making numerous trips to the Post Office. J

                     

          Lights (for LED throwies):

          1. 10 mm white diffused LED light bulbs: [93 available]                                           $0.30 each or $27 for all

                 ***I’d prefer to sell at least or 50 more LED light bulbs per purchase to prevent making numerous trips to the Post Office. J

           

          Veil:

          1. Richard Designs ivory 65” single tier 72” wide fingertip veil.  Unused, in original packaging, with tags still attached.  I paid $199.00 w/out tax for this veil from a Bridal Boutique called In the Olde Manner.  The day of our wedding, it was too windy to wear it, so I passed on the veil and just left it enclosed in its bag.  I can sell this veil for $150. 

           

          Landyards:

          1. 3 Lanyards w/ 3 Clear Badge Holders                                                                    Free w/ any purchase over $15

           



           


          Justine & Konrad ~ September 4, 2011 @ Azul Sensatori Resort
          ** 48 Guests Booked & Final **


          #13555 justiner57

          justiner57
          • Jr. Member
          • 151 posts

            Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:09 AM

            Ladies, I need a quick opinion.... I just finalized my seating chart. We have 48 guests coming and were doing 6 tables of 8 people. Since it's a small wedding, I am putting families together instead of doing traditional all wedding party sits together, etc. Plus, my parents recently go a divorce so I am trying to make things as least akward for them and myself lol. But this means putting my dad, his girlfriend with my brother and my in-laws friend with his family. I don't think this should be a problem because my dad knows this guy but doesn't know his family. 

             

            Any thoughts? I just don't think I can set it up any other way to avoid conflict and also to keep everyone else happy. 


            Justine & Konrad ~ September 4, 2011 @ Azul Sensatori Resort
            ** 48 Guests Booked & Final **


            #13556 KerryL613

            KerryL613
            • Newbie
            • 113 posts

              Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:40 AM



              I wanted to book, him was told no, saw that other girls did and eventually got it my way.  i felt the same, I wasn't going to pay 1500 for a crappy DJ that they wouldn't tell me who it is, or 800 for 5 hours with Doremixx.  Its cheaper with the outside vendor fee (at least when I paid).  when I called, I didn't call my WC directly, I called the hotline and asked about it anonomously and then argued that several brides had him, why couldn't I?  It worked for me, and I think others.  Not sure what the problem was with them in the first place.

               

              Good Luck!

              Originally Posted by Jessie 

              Ok, now I'm getting irritated.  I was told that I DJ Doremixx is not allowed at the resort.  How many of you upcoming brides have booked them?  Has anyone else been told no for DJ Doremixx?

               

              I refuse to pay $1500 for their (seemingly) crappy preferred DJ!!



               



              #13557 karlaandmark

              karlaandmark
              • Newbie
              • 61 posts

                Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:43 AM


                I love these!  I think I need more than 6 though.  Unless they do 6 rows of 4 chairs each, then that would work for us.  Does anyone know how they usually do the chair set up?

                Originally Posted by bigboponthebeach 

                 

                Aisle Starfish:

                1. Sugar Starfish 8 to 9 7/8 inches each [6 available]                                                 $2 / each or $10 for all

                          ***With raffia for hanging attached.  Raffia can be easily removed if desired.

                Sugar Starfish Aisle Accents.jpg

                 



                 



                #13558 Mwise17

                Mwise17
                • Member
                • 528 posts

                  Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:18 PM

                  Ladies....I know so many of our topics have been covered already...sorry!

                   

                  Is it pants for men at all restaurants for dinner? or just at Le Chique?

                   



                  #13559 Mnd3A

                  Mnd3A
                  • Newbie
                  • 47 posts

                    Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:02 PM

                    Girls,

                     

                    I'm having a really difficult time finding a wedding dress!  Everything is SO heavy and non-beachy.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I saw a few pretty Maggie Sottero's online but can't find them locally either!

                     

                    Thanks!


                    I married my soulmate on May 19, 2012 at Azul Sensatori surrounded by 97 of our closest family and friends


                    #13560 Jessie

                    Jessie
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 231 posts

                      Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

                      Thanks!  I think I've got it worked out and they will allow me to have DJ Doremixx.

                       

                      What about the mariachis?  Has anyone else booked them?  Does anyone know if we are allowed to use outside mariachis?  Of course, AS/Lomas charges more than DOUBLE what all other mariachis in the area, but I think my contract only specifies that an outside vendor can only be used for DJ, photography, and/or videography (for the small outside vendor fee, of course).

                       

                      Originally Posted by KerryL613 



                      I wanted to book, him was told no, saw that other girls did and eventually got it my way.  i felt the same, I wasn't going to pay 1500 for a crappy DJ that they wouldn't tell me who it is, or 800 for 5 hours with Doremixx.  Its cheaper with the outside vendor fee (at least when I paid).  when I called, I didn't call my WC directly, I called the hotline and asked about it anonomously and then argued that several brides had him, why couldn't I?  It worked for me, and I think others.  Not sure what the problem was with them in the first place.

                       

                      Good Luck!



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users