Jump to content

Recommended Posts

jsal4 - How pretty!!! I love the menu luminary idea!!! I might have to borrow it! I have chosen the family style dinner. Do you think they would be able to fit the entire menu on the 1 luminary? or they might have to split? Thanks for sharing!!

 

elaine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Hi! what a small world. I actually work in Maspeth on Grand Ave, so I am right around the corner from you!  I totally understand, it took weeks before my FI and I finally decided to go with Elizabeth Medina but of course we now have to keep the costs down on other parts of the wedding to make up for it, which is not easy...lol.  -elaine

Originally Posted by JennyBenz View Post

Hi Elaine!! Great to see a fellow NY'er as well =) I'm in Queens, Middle Village to be exact- so not too far from you at all! Oh man, I thought if you booked a night for the outside vendor, that would be fine. Now I see how the hotel gets you with the $800 fee, but I think it still might be a bit cheaper to book 3 nights for the photographer/DJ. As much as I love Elizabeth Medina, my FI thinks she's a bit expensive. He seems not to understand that if we were getting married here, it would be WAY more than $5-6K but "we're not having it here" LOL So I'm hoping to persuade him! I wish we could use the free rooms for the vendors, that would be great, but we were thinking of offering them to our parents. I'll see what happens when we know for sure who to book =)

Thanks for the help!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys....I need some advice! As of now we have Zocalo Alfresco booked for our private dinner b/c we were nervous to choose somewhere outside b/c most of the pics look quite windy and there is the chance of rain; we thought Zocalo Alfresco was the best of both worlds with the huge screen windows. Our guest list of people that are booking keeps growing and our WC just emailed me and said the max # of people for Zocalo Alfresco is 55. She said the only other options are on the beach or Plaza Zavaz- which I love but I dont want to worry about rain/weather the whole time. What are your thoughts or have your WCs suggested anything else? Where did previous brides with larger groups have it? Thanks ladies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great thanks so much for the help jenna =)

Originally Posted by jennaba3 View Post

 

Hiya! I had two options for my guests to choose from 2 main courses. So we would all have the same starter and dessert and then everyone would choose from 2 main courses. I got to pick the 2 courses, everyone had a choice of. I have had to let my WC know in advance. I think you only get to choose what courses with the private events. With the dinner thats included in Spoons, you get to choose from 2 options on the day but its a set meal. I have the menu for that if you are interested :) xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Elaine!! WOW! You really are right around the corner =) What a small world indeed!!!

I really would love to book her but FI says it's just too much, & although we have a pretty good budget, we would have to cut back elsewhere.

Also, I'm seeing a few different responses regarding the outside vendor policy. Do you have to book 1 or 3 nights for outside vendor, in order to waive the $800 fee? I think even if it's 3 nights, it's still cheaper than $800- Lomas is CRAZY expensive =[ But, i guess that's how they get you LOL

 

Originally Posted by ELAINENYC View Post

 Hi! what a small world. I actually work in Maspeth on Grand Ave, so I am right around the corner from you!  I totally understand, it took weeks before my FI and I finally decided to go with Elizabeth Medina but of course we now have to keep the costs down on other parts of the wedding to make up for it, which is not easy...lol.  -elaine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a great idea, love the luminaries! I've never seen anything like this before! I wonder how easy it would be to travel with these... are they glass or just paper wrapped around a candle?

 

Originally Posted by jsal4 View Post

I am either choosing to either do the buffet or family style dinner. There's a little bit of everything and it was one less thing I had to worry about.

 

Each table will have a luminary with the menu on it. Click HERE to see a picture of the menu.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies!! I'm so excited, after countless hours [and many thanks to my mother] we finally finished our STD's! I'm hoping to have the enevelopes printed this weekend & be in the mail on Monday! I really would love to share with you all, I'm trying to get to 150 posts so I can have that privilege LOL One thing off our to-do list!!

cheer2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Hi! I am sorry to say it is definitely either a min. 3 night stay OR $800 vendor fee. Not sure what the rules were way back when and I even remember reading older posts when the vendor fee was $600.  But the rule now is 3 night stay or $800 vendor fee. hissyfit.gif

 

Yippey!! woot.gifso excited for you and can't wait to see your STDs. But i am a little confused...why do you need 150 posts in order to post your STD...am i missing something?

Originally Posted by JennyBenz View Post

Hi Ladies!! I'm so excited, after countless hours [and many thanks to my mother] we finally finished our STD's! I'm hoping to have the enevelopes printed this weekend & be in the mail on Monday! I really would love to share with you all, I'm trying to get to 150 posts so I can have that privilege LOL One thing off our to-do list!!

cheer2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so in love w/these too! I believe this is not glass. You just roll the lumie into a cyclinder. You have the option of wrapping it around a glass cyclinder. Or, it can stand alone. At least that is how I am interpreting the description...see below..i have copy & paste from etsy.com. So traveling with these should be easy... i hope. lol

 

They also will arrive flat with double sided adhesive already applied on one edge of the vellum. All you will need to do is peel the backing off of the adhesive, roll the lumie into a cylinder and stick! You can place them over any standard tealight or votive in a glass votive holder (just make sure the glass is taller than the flame) or you can skip a glass holder altogether and just set them over any LED tealight or battery operated candle. Once assembled they are self standing cylinders and DO NOT have to adhere to glass of any kind :)

 

Originally Posted by JennyBenz View Post

This is a great idea, love the luminaries! I've never seen anything like this before! I wonder how easy it would be to travel with these... are they glass or just paper wrapped around a candle?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is great that your guest list is growing!  I am having my reception at Plaza Zava and not worrying about the weather. If it does rain, then I believe they move you into the ballroom area (esp if you have a larger group). Based on the reviews from past brides, they really do everything they can to spice up the ballroom and accomodate you. So although their reception was moved inside, it seems the past brides and their guests still had a blast. Hope this helps...

Originally Posted by Christined View Post

Hi guys....I need some advice!
As of now we have Zocalo Alfresco booked for our private dinner b/c we were nervous to choose somewhere outside b/c most of the pics look quite windy and there is the chance of rain; we thought Zocalo Alfresco was the best of both worlds with the huge screen windows. Our guest list of people that are booking keeps growing and our WC just emailed me and said the max # of people for Zocalo Alfresco is 55. She said the only other options are on the beach or Plaza Zavaz- which I love but I dont want to worry about rain/weather the whole time. What are your thoughts or have your WCs suggested anything else? Where did previous brides with larger groups have it? Thanks ladies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×