Meldrum

That must have been terrible for you both when your fil said he proberly would not watch the wedding on the webcam. His Loss!!  Your doing the right thing providing information to those who want to know. My family dont really ask any questions about my wedding but my fiance's family always ask me. Which I find frustrating as all my friends who have married have always had there mothers, helping with the organising but thats just her. Any one would think I was marrying some one awful!! but he is so good to everyone and a fantastic father!  Everyone is right it is "our special day" and we have to remember to take no notice of the negatives. Hope everyone that you want there has booked or books up x  

Just noticed Meldrum you are getting married 2 days before we arrive. We come to Sensatori on the 16th and marry on the 21st of April :) xx

Ladies,

I have been going through drama and stress with the wedding since the day we booked. Some of my family has been supportive and some of his, but other's don't think its a good idea to do a destination wedding. As long as you are there for each other and planning the dream wedding for you then I think it will all work out. Just remember to not focus on the negative, I've let too many people's opinions affect my own happiness that I really just had to stop caring what they thought. Those who want to be there for you on your wedding day will be, no matter what the cost of place is. 

Hope this advice helps :)

I completely agree with you, justiner57. I had my destination wedding last year in the Riviera Maya and it was exactly how it was supposed to be. This wasn't because every single person we invited came, but it was the best because of the people who were there. We'll never forget how excited everyone was (and literally became friends overnight). By day 2 friends from different parts of the country who had never met were sitting together at breakfast and at the beach. Friends were standing at the bar with other friends we didn't even know had met yet...it was just exactly how it was supposed to be...but even better than imaged.  Don't let the stress overtake you - it'll be such an incredible experience. After all, everyone is in paradise and there because they love you!

Chelsea+Eric_W_0298.JPG

Originally Posted by justiner57 View Post

Ladies,

I have been going through drama and stress with the wedding since the day we booked. Some of my family has been supportive and some of his, but other's don't think its a good idea to do a destination wedding. As long as you are there for each other and planning the dream wedding for you then I think it will all work out. Just remember to not focus on the negative, I've let too many people's opinions affect my own happiness that I really just had to stop caring what they thought. Those who want to be there for you on your wedding day will be, no matter what the cost of place is. 

Hope this advice helps :)

Hi everyone! I just joined this blog a few minutes ago (getting married January 2012 @ Azul Sensatori). Justine and Bondgirl I really appreciate your comments. My FI and I really hemmed and hawed about whether to go with a destination wedding. It has been our dream since we started talking marriage and even more important since it is a second joyful wedding for both of us (after both going through painful divorces with unfaithful spouses). So this is something we've always wanted to do. But some family and friends really started to put pressure on us to not have a destination wedding and we had to think hard about the possibility that only a handful might be able to attend. The fact that I have just read your encouraging comments, Justine and Bondgirl, right as I land on this page, are to me a sign from the good Lord that we are on the right track by sticking to our initial planslalala.gif So Azul Sensatori....here we come!

I look forward to sharing and learning from all here!

Thank you girls. Your right :)  Your picture is fab bondgirl! so natural

Can I ask you girls that have already been to Sensatori. Did you have to pay to use the gym? if so how much? and what was the gym like? We have family coming with us who like to use the gym. x 

Just noticed Meldrum you are getting married 2 days before we arrive. We come to Sensatori on the 16th and marry on the 21st of April :) xx

That's awesome! We leave on the 16th so we'll probably miss you, unless we extend a few days for a honeymoon :)

I got my OOT bags this week.  Here's how they turned out (and I apologize in advance for the pictures being so big....couldn't figure out how to post them smaller):

DSC01298.JPG

DSC01299.JPG

I'm happy with how they turned out.  The bags were a little thinner than I had hoped, but CheapTotes was very easy to work with and gave me a great price on the bags and the screenprinting, so I can't complain!  I think they'll look great stuffed with everything!

Originally Posted by Rachael View Post

Thank you girls. Your right :)  Your picture is fab bondgirl! so natural

Can I ask you girls that have already been to Sensatori. Did you have to pay to use the gym? if so how much? and what was the gym like? We have family coming with us who like to use the gym. x 

Rachael- the gym is free to use. The guests are just suppose to sign in and out in a binder located in the gym (I think it's for the resort to see how many people use it and when). There are 2 stationary bikes, 2or 3 treadmills, about 6 assorted weight machines, 2 free benches and a rack of free weights. Small towels are provided and cold water in the fridge. Fairly basic, but does the job. It was usually fairly busy around 9am, but empty every other time we went.

Also there is an activity sheet (talk to your conciege when you arrive) and it lists the other classes available. There was water aerobics, yoga, pilates, stretch classes, dance class, etc. You can also use the kayaks, and other water boats for free at the beach. The only thing is you have to buy a Reef braclet (I think it was $2/person??), it's kind of like a national park admission pass since you float directly above a large coral reef, but it's good for the whole time you are there...just don't cut the braclet off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessie View Post

I got my OOT bags this week.  Here's how they turned out (and I apologize in advance for the pictures being so big....couldn't figure out how to post them smaller):

i'm happy with how they turned out.  The bags were a little thinner than I had hoped, but CheapTotes was very easy to work with and gave me a great price on the bags and the screenprinting, so I can't complain!  I think they'll look great stuffed with everything!

Great design!