Jump to content

Recommended Posts



 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Hi everyone!! I haven't read through the 150 posts I've missed, just wanted to pop in and say hi!!! Wedding went fabulous!! My review will come later but i have a big tip for anyone soon...if possible, I highly recommend having a friend know exactly what you want for the ceremony and reception so they can step in if the coordinators start to fall short. Decor was perfect, ceremony went smooth, but the reception organization could've fallen apart fast if our friend didn't step in and take over.
My number 2 biggest tip is to give them one suitcase with an inventory list with descriptions of exactly how you want everything. I got this original idea from LessIsMore, and built on it by putting absolutely everything in writing in the suitcase...inventory, pictures, sermon, readings, order of events,etc.

Well I better get back to my honeymoon! If anyone is considering the casitas...I highly recommend it!!! It has been fabulous here! It's pretty expensive, but totally worth it! Also, I didn't end up using all of my membership "weeks" for all of my guests, so if any of you need extra discounts for your honeymoon or straggling guests just let me know and I'll see what I can get. PM me though cause I have no idea when I'll get through all the posts! :)

Congrats Jamie! Glad to hear all went well. Enjoy your honeymoon! :)

*The Italian restaurant was really good at Casitas....and the cheese fondue was super fun (and super filling)!

 

 Quote:

Originally Posted by MandM 2011 View Post

Hi my fellow Azul Brides,

 

Has anyone dealt with the issue of having 3 year olds who are way advanced use the kids club?

I have a niece and nephew coming to AB and I would hate if they couldn't join the kids club play groups becasue they didn't meet the cut off.

 

Has anyone asked about this or overcome it?

Much obliged to anyone who has insight!

Marianne

I think they are fairly strict with the ages for joining the actual kids club group (ie. supervised activities). However kids of any age are allowed to use the kids club facilities as long as a parent is with them. We had a 9 month old, who played with the toys, water playground, etc. Hope that helps.

 

 



Originally Posted by bryteyedbride View Post



I was not able to find the answer to this question either.  I just went ahead and did it the way I thought it should be. If the order is changed a little during the ceremony, oh well, it's Mexico and we will just have to roll with it!  LOL  My order is:  prelude, processional, bridal march, words of welcome, recitation of vows, exchange of rings, sand ceremony and signing of docs, closing, and recessional.  I did not see your wedding date at the bottom of your post, but if it is after my date (05/28/11), I will let you know! 

That's pretty much how our ceremony ran. So I think you should be good :) (we didn't do the sand ceremony, and we inserted our own vows) Our vows were directly before the ring exchange.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great tips....congrats!!!! 

Can't wait to see pics and hear all about it!

:)



 

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Hi everyone!! I haven't read through the 150 posts I've missed, just wanted to pop in and say hi!!! Wedding went fabulous!! My review will come later but i have a big tip for anyone soon...if possible, I highly recommend having a friend know exactly what you want for the ceremony and reception so they can step in if the coordinators start to fall short. Decor was perfect, ceremony went smooth, but the reception organization could've fallen apart fast if our friend didn't step in and take over.
My number 2 biggest tip is to give them one suitcase with an inventory list with descriptions of exactly how you want everything. I got this original idea from LessIsMore, and built on it by putting absolutely everything in writing in the suitcase...inventory, pictures, sermon, readings, order of events,etc.

Well I better get back to my honeymoon! If anyone is considering the casitas...I highly recommend it!!! It has been fabulous here! It's pretty expensive, but totally worth it! Also, I didn't end up using all of my membership "weeks" for all of my guests, so if any of you need extra discounts for your honeymoon or straggling guests just let me know and I'll see what I can get. PM me though cause I have no idea when I'll get through all the posts! :)


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


wooooohooooo....oh man, what I would give to be in Mexico being pampered right now

;)
 

Originally Posted by MaggieandJay View Post

Hi ladies!! Just checking in So far so good. They treat you like a princess here. I don't have my wedding till Sunday so just having fun in the suN!!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Jamie & Maggie!!!!!!  Enjoy your week!!!!!!!!!

 

Someone posted that they should pay Murmel!!  I agree!!!  She gets my vote for most information!!!  Murmel you should apply for one of the Karisma reps!   One of the (only) girls that have been married at Azul Fives, Jamie Campbell, does promo stuff for them after her wedding!  Maybe you can get some perks!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What type of detail sheet is she talking about for them to know what to set up? I guess I will have her send it to me when she gets back.

 

Can anyone send me their list of music for their reception and also while people are being seated at the ceremony. I think Lomas has a list on their website. I have our ceremony music picked out. I think I am going to walk down the aisle to Bittersweet symphony string version but have been second guessing that. Any suggestions/comments? I am also having trouble finding music while we are eating and prior to the ceremony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Awesome Jaime thanks, I can't wait to see pics from your wedding!! Enjoy your fabulous day lady, you deserve it :) xoxo

Originally Posted by JaimeCF2BR View Post

Justine - I'm definitely planning to sell my zavas decor! I'll have a better list of what's available when I get home, but off the top of my head, I have 6 strands of lights, 4 strings of 8" lit lanterns, 6 white 14" lanterns, and some 10" that I didn't end up using. All white turned out really nice with the tiff blue satin sashes and runners for a pop of color. I'll post pictures too so you can see how it all went together.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally was able to post picture of what our invitations look like. They took forever to put together but we're so happy with the way they've turned out. And we are hearing great response's from family and friends :) 

 

Document6.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can try and put my playlists together.  They are all in my ipod as a list but not written anywhere.  :( 

 

I had some cool music for the ceremony.  The music while the guests were being seated was rock music but performed by string musicians.  The bridesmaids walked down to Bittersweet symphony.  I walked down to Can't help falling in love by Ingrid Michaelson.  We had Endless Love for our Sand Ceremony, Michael Buble's Crazy Love for the Signing of the documents, and then our recessional was Smile which I cut straight to the chorus. 

 

Oh, and another tip, be sure you label the songs above as what they are for in your ipod.  I had forgotten to do that, and so I had to write a list right before the wedding. 
 

Originally Posted by jazz04 View Post

What type of detail sheet is she talking about for them to know what to set up? I guess I will have her send it to me when she gets back.

 

Can anyone send me their list of music for their reception and also while people are being seated at the ceremony. I think Lomas has a list on their website. I have our ceremony music picked out. I think I am going to walk down the aisle to Bittersweet symphony string version but have been second guessing that. Any suggestions/comments? I am also having trouble finding music while we are eating and prior to the ceremony.


Justine, I only have white and turquoise lanterns, and turquoise sashes/runners.  Don't think that will help you much but if there's anything I do figure out that might help ya, I'll let you know.  :) 

 



Originally Posted by justiner57 View Post


Awesome Jaime thanks, I can't wait to see pics from your wedding!! Enjoy your fabulous day lady, you deserve it :) xoxo



 



Pic didn't post :(



Originally Posted by justiner57 View Post

Finally was able to post picture of what our invitations look like. They took forever to put together but we're so happy with the way they've turned out. And we are hearing great response's from family and friends :) 

 

Document6.pdf



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, here were our playlists. Hope this helps you get started! Dinner Music Toes – Zac Brown Band Donâ€t Worry Be Happy – Bobby McFerrin The Way I Am – Ingrid Michaelson Our Kind of Love – Lady Antebellum You are so Beautiful – Sensuous Sax Home – Michael Buble Unchained Melody – U2 Loving you Tonight – Andrew Allen Canâ€t Help Falling in Love – Ingrid Michaelson Iâ€ll Stand By You – Carrie Underwood All I want is You – U2 She Donâ€t know sheâ€s Beautiful – Kenny Chesney American Honey – Lady A Make you Feel my Love – Adele While my Guitar Gently Weeps – Beatls My Kind of Woman – Craig Morgan Somewhere over the Rainbow – Israel K…. Sweetest Thing – U2 Slow Dancin – Sensuous Sax Better Together – Jack Johnson I Melt with you – Jason Mraz Every Breathe you Take – UB40 Sway – Michael Buble Reception Entered to Headsprung Beer in Mexico – Kenny Chesney Get the Party Started – Pink Dancing Queen – ABBA Old Time Rock & Roll – Bob Segar California Gurls – Katy Perry Cha Cha Slide – Casper The Heart of Rock and Roll – Huey Lewis and the Band Get Down Tonight – KC and the Sunshine Band You shook me all night long – ACDC Check on it – Beyonce Hard to Handle – The Black Crowes Endless Love – Mariah Carey Yeah – Usher Pretty Young Thing – Michael Jackson I Got it from my mama – Black Eyed Peas Amazed – Lonestar Buttons – Pussy Cat Dolls This is how we do it – Montell Jordan Donâ€t cha – Pussy Cat Dolls Mony Mony – Billy Idol Cupid Shuffle – Cupid Single Ladies – Beyonce Joy and Pain – Rob Base Summertime – Kenny Chesney Return of the Mack – Mark Morrison On the Floor – Jlo It Takes two – Rob Base Where the Party At – Jagged Edge Get Low – Lil John Wild Thing – Tone Loc Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond S&M – Rhianna How Low – Ludacris My Kind of Woman – Craig Morgan Come to Me – P Diddy and Nichole S.. The Time (Dirty Bit)- Black eyed peas Rump Shaker – Wrecks N Effects All Summer Long – Kid Rock Pour Some sugar on me – Def Lepard Upgrade U – Beyonce American Honey – Lady A Letâ€s Go Crazy – Prince Say Ahh – Trey Songz Blame It – Jamie Foxx Drop it Low – Ester Dean & Chris Brown Letâ€s get it on – Marvin Gaye Telephone – Lady Gaga Purple Rain - Prince

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Sorry you had to deal with this I hoped it worked out. It seems to be every few months a new store will be in the  'if' stage and to the 'when' stage.  Big businesses like this don't notify the employees or customers before they close down...that would cause even more losses.  One day there are signs on the door and the business is done.  And lots of people (employees and customers...not to mention the creditors that they owe millions to) get screwed immediately with little help to be found anywhere.  Look at alfred angelo, although they had less retail stores than David's Bridal, they may have had more sales than them as a company.  They were the largest manufacturer of dresses and were carried by thousands of independent stores across the world (not just the 60+ branded stores they had).  If you google search Davids Bridal going bankrupt, they are listed on all the sites that post retail stores on life support.  They have more debt than they will be able to service in 2019 and the only question right now is if they'll make it that far.  Once the debt comes due, it's almost a 100% certainty that the company will be done.  But it's also more probable than not that the bankruptcy will happen much sooner than that.  The argument about them getting a new line or how big they are isn't a good argument if you look at the history of how these normally happen.  Alfred Angelo had a brand new line of dresses that never even hit the stores but were made overseas already...those all made their first appearances at the liquidation auctions.  I'm not trying to scare anyone here, but just trying to make sure that people understand that when a company gets to this point, it's definitely a roll of the dice if you are ordering something that you can't take home today.  How much of a risk?  That's hard to say, but I am extremely confident that the pain felt when alfred angelo closed 61 stores will be even greater when Davids Bridal closes 300+ stores…and when there are other great discount dress stores out there like Bridepower or Vows Bridal Outlet on the East Coast or Brilliant Bridal in the West (and plenty of others as well), I don’t think I would personally recommend any of my friends to take that risk!  But that’s just me:)
    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
  • Topics

×