Photo

Welcome Reception Music???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 indypitty

indypitty
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:32 PM

Just wondering if you all had / will have music during your welcome reception. We are having a Mexican Trio during the ceremony and cocktail hour, but have not decided what to do the night before.

If anything, we will just play an IPOD. We are looking to save a little money and this may be one place. Do you think music would be missed?

#2 Golden

Golden
    • 354 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:35 AM

we are doing a ipod

#3 seasidebride

seasidebride
      • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:46 PM

We are going to download our music that we picked for our Wedding Reception Music in Mexico and just play that.
        We had the normal bride/father dance, mother/groom dance, and bride/groom dance. After that we had dinner and I picked a bunch of reggae music to play. Then I chose fun dance songs and called after dinner Dance Party.
        I had to choose about 100-120 songs and we are going to download them all onto the Ipod and just play them at random during our party.
        (we are doing a BBQ in our backyard for 100+ guests)

#4 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

I TOTALLY forgot about this part of our WD. We had no music at all. Good conversation replaced it. :) I don't think it will be missed. Save the money.
          Happily married since 2008

#5 Turtlebaybride

Turtlebaybride
          • 38 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:58 PM

So forgive me for this horrible question......I know, I should be shot! And all my friends would never believe me, but what would the ipod do? I was wondering what we'll do too for the welcome reception. Ours is 2 days before and I certainly don't want to pay for music for 2 hours. My friend made music on her Ipod for our engagement party. But I have no idea what she did with it and how the music came out. I'm so not up to speed with Ipods. Everything else in this world, YES. Just not ipods! HELP A GIRL OUT.

#6 KarmaB

KarmaB
            • 796 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Turtlebaybride
              So forgive me for this horrible question......I know, I should be shot! And all my friends would never believe me, but what would the ipod do? I was wondering what we'll do too for the welcome reception. Ours is 2 days before and I certainly don't want to pay for music for 2 hours. My friend made music on her Ipod for our engagement party. But I have no idea what she did with it and how the music came out. I'm so not up to speed with Ipods. Everything else in this world, YES. Just not ipods! HELP A GIRL OUT.
              You can hook the IPOD up to a docking station and listen to the music that is stored on it through speakers. Basically like a CD boombox, but with a lot more songs than just 1 CD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users