Sign in to follow this  
Sophia's Mom

Hi Everyone

The problems that I am having all go back to a lack of communication. I am getting married in 38 days and I am the one who had to contact Daniella to find out what I am suppose to be doing.

We are having a VERY small wedding. It started off only being about 10 people, but we have had a death in the family and now we are down to 6 people not including the bride and groom. I think that the RIU is upset that they have lost those bookings and rather than telling me I have to pay a day pass for the missing guests (a total of $300) they are now telling me that I have to pay $350 for the judge that I will not be using since it is only a religious ceremony.

They had me down as having a legal ceremony (which was NEVER our intentions) and now that they have finally contacted me about my ceremony they have found out that they made a mistake and had me listed as a legal. Now a judge who was scheduled to do the wedding has to be canceled and apparently this is all my fault.

I am frustrated with the entire process so far. The funny thing is that I am a completly laid back bride. I don't really care about all the "stuff" that comes along with planning a wedding (that is why I am do the whole destination thing). I don't really even care what my flowers or cake look like, just as long they are there. At this point I am at battle with the RIU and I am ready to cancle the "wedding" part of our stay at the RIU, and just plan it for some where else in Cabo. fencing.gif

Hi S...

Congratulations on your wedding and welcome to the forum; You should check out the CABO sub forum but, just a little heads up, it's just an isolated event.. That continues to happen..